Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

SB71 wrote: »
    the user said AIB not Ulster Bank.

Yes I know. It is like to know what UlsterbankRI are charging

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭SourSessions

adam88 wrote:
    Yes I know. It is like to know what UlsterbankRI are charging

20c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

TheChizler wrote: »
    Unless you're in a shop Apple Pay counts as a regular debit transaction.

Never knew that, always thought top-ups weren’t charging me anything. Thanks for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭SB71

Actually i might change to the credit union current account just had a browse and looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭downtheroad

My PTSB debit card expired in August so I have added my new card details to Revolut. Previously I could top up Revolut at the click of a button but with my new PTSB card I have to enter the CVV numner every time I want to top up Revolut and then enter a verified by visa code, which is quite annoying.

Any ideas how to resolve this so I can top up in 1 click as before?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

My PTSB debit card expired in August so I have added my new card details to Revolut. Previously I could top up Revolut at the click of a button but with my new PTSB card I have to enter the CVV numner every time I want to top up Revolut and then enter a verified by visa code, which is quite annoying.

Thanks

That happened me when I replaced a card. I think it stops after a few transactions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Thanks

It stops after a few top ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭downtheroad

That happened me when I replaced a card. I think it stops after a few transactions

Hopefully! Can't be bothered doing this every top up. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭Doge

SB71 wrote: »
    Actually i might change to the credit union current account just had a browse and looks good.

Can you do SEPA transfers with the credit union app?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Hopefully! Can't be bothered doing this every top up. Cheers
    Much easier to set an auto top up,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

august12 wrote: »
    Much easier to set an auto top up,

I could do this on mastercard (BOI before they left the dark ages and ripped people off for thepleasure)

Then moved to visa debt and can't

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Doge wrote: »
    Can you do SEPA transfers with the credit union app?

Yes you can, once the payee is setup via the website (just tried there to my N26 and it worked fine)

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

msmx5 wrote: »
    Yes - if it is a main transaction / purchase - click on the transaction and just below where you have the option to attach a receipt there is an "Add note" option. Is this what you want?

No - if the transaction is a transfer or vault transaction. This is a real pain for me as I used it for most of my vault transactions. Support/Chat confirmed that the feature was removed/not implemented in the new version of the app for vaults. I suggest you get on to them in chat (like I have) and register it in the hope they will restore the functionality.
    scarepanda wrote: »
    Well that's a right pain in the ass! I'll get onto them. I use the feature mainly for withdrawals from vaults, especially if I have a bill that is split between a few vaults. Can you add a description to a Rev to Rev transfer? I haven't had to do that yet, but i would often send my husband money from our misc vault that's on my account and it was so handy to be able to say what they transfer was for.
    msmx5 wrote: »
    Yes -confirming that you can still add a GIF and a comment to Rev to Rev transfer. Its just the vaults for me that is a pain. I use the vaults for many things and it IS important for me to be able to add notes to vault transactions.

Update: Kudos to Revolut for listening to user-feedback - I have Android Version 7.16-beta-586 and the note feature on vault transactions is back! :):):) It's the little things that make me happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Hi, I've just ordered a Revolut card.

So can i get this straight.

I just make a transfer of say 500 euro from my AIB to my revolut - no charges when I use my revolut card?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Asus X540L wrote: »

I just make a transfer of say 500 euro from my AIB to my revolut - no charges when I use my revolut card?

No. You can use the virtual card online right away or add to Google/Apple pay, no need wait for the physical card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

So assuming you are asking about fees:

You top up your revolut via app or even bank transfer. If you pay fees to AIB, it is a transaction. Your money, if done by app, takes seconds to arrive.

Then every time you use your revolut card, you have NO fee. Once or twenty times, no fee.

I used it today to send a small amount to a Uk account. It also arrived in seconds.

You top up your revolut via app or even bank transfer. If you pay fees to AIB, it is a transaction. Your money, if done by app, takes seconds to arrive.

Then every time you use your revolut card, you have NO fee. Once or twenty times, no fee.

I used it today to send a small amount to a Uk account. It also arrived in seconds.

That's what I mean. The only fee will be the 20 cent or whatever transferring the money from AIB to revolut.

Ehh, not quite. There are fees, explained here, for the standard account:
    • Free UK account
    • Free Euro IBAN account
    • Spend in over 150 currencies at the interbank exchange rate
    • Exchange in 30 fiat currencies up to €1,000 per month without any hidden fees
    • No fee ATM withdrawals up to €200 per month
    • Free Revolut card (excl. delivery)
    • Instant access to 5 cryptocurrencies
    • Revolut Junior account for 1 kid
    • 1 free cross border transfer each month, €0.50 thereafter

Spocker wrote: »
    Ehh, not quite. There are fees, explained here, for the standard account:
    • Free UK account
    • Free Euro IBAN account
    • Spend in over 150 currencies at the interbank exchange rate
    • Exchange in 30 fiat currencies up to €1,000 per month without any hidden fees
    • No fee ATM withdrawals up to €200 per month
    • Free Revolut card (excl. delivery)
    • Instant access to 5 cryptocurrencies
    • Revolut Junior account for 1 kid
    • 1 free cross border transfer each month, €0.50 thereafter

What about regular debit card transactions?

What about regular debit card transactions?

They are free, no issues there :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

That's what I mean. The only fee will be the 20 cent or whatever transferring the money from AIB to revolut.
    Yep.
    I see spock has gone into a bit more depth, but for general domestic use in Ireland, it is pretty much free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭cavan4sam

OK folks sorry if its been covered plenty already, but I've upgraded to premium and added my revolut as a payee from my banking app (BOI) , I've sent small amount to test it but it has not appeared in revolut yet?
    Does it take time or should it be instant, need to transfer a larger amount to pay for a car over the weekend and just anxious as to how long it usually takes.

Thanks in advanced

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Would you not have topped up on revolut and had it instantly instead of a bank transfer?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,431 ✭✭✭TheChizler

cavan4sam wrote: »
    OK folks sorry if its been covered plenty already, but I've upgraded to premium and added my revolut as a payee from my banking app (BOI) , I've sent small amount to test it but it has not appeared in revolut yet?
    Does it take time or should it be instant, need to transfer a larger amount to pay for a car over the weekend and just anxious as to how long it usually takes.

Thanks in advanced

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/bank/international-payments/support/time-frames/#faq-panel-35913

Up to a working day for BOI.

TheChizler wrote: »

Thank you,
    What is the daily deposit limit via card?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

cavan4sam wrote: »
    Thank you,
    What is the daily deposit limit via card?
    Whatever the daily limit on your debit card is (if there is one).

Revolut may apply an account-specific limit. They won't tell you what that is though, but they'll block you if you exceed it!

Quackster wrote: »
    Whatever the daily limit on your debit card is (if there is one).

Revolut may apply an account-specific limit. They won't tell you what that is though, but they'll block you if you exceed it!

OK thanks it wouldn't let me deposit over 1k for some reason, so I ended up doing bank transfer so hopefully a couple of days should see it in revolut account
    It's a pain that it would not let me deposit it via card

Update
    I'm assuming it's because I upgraded to premium they are putting a deposit limit on the account treating it as a new card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

People here might be interested in this. An Post are to provide a banking app with similar functionality to Revolut.
    https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/sunday-independent-ireland/20200913/282617445163715

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

People here might be interested in the this. An Post us to provide a banking app with similar functionality to Revolut.
    https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/sunday-independent-ireland/20200913/282617445163715

Not if they keep the same charges.

• Advertisement

Sorry if this has been asked before but iv'e been asked twice in the space of a month to confirm my ID with the Basic Plan.
    Has this happened to anyone else?

Advertisement