Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Hold On, you were topping up up your account randomly with several thousand. No wonder it rang alarm bells. That's not how most of us use it. I top-up 50-100 at a time and spend in small day to day amounts

That's how non-cash rich people may do it.

Personally I wouldnt have thousands in a company not holding a banking licence and with no deposit guarantee

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Marcusm wrote: »
    Spocker’s statement was correct. Accounts held at guaranteed banks are only covered for individuals/personal customers. The accounts which Revolut holds at Barclays/Lloyds etc do not benefit from this protection. Not even indirectly. They benefit from the prudential regulation of the Bank of England but not from any guarantee.
    Which is exactly what I've already said.

These accounts are not covered by the bank guarantee scheme but, in the event of insolvency, third-party creditors would have no claim on the funds in them - Spocker was incorrect with regards to this important point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Has anyone ever been charged for withdrawing from atm in Ireland ? I just noticed i took out 300 but 303.99 was charged.
    This never happened before.

Has anyone ever been charged for withdrawing from atm in Ireland ? I just noticed i took out 300 but 303.99 was charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

BohsCeltic wrote: »

If you have a standard account that 300 is more than your free allowance of 200.

As per T&C/

Free withdrawals up to €200 per rolling month, then a fee of 2% of all withdrawals above this.

• Advertisement

If you have a standard account that 300 is more than your free allowance of 200.

As per T&C/

Free withdrawals up to €200 per rolling month, then a fee of 2% of all withdrawals above this.

Ah right. Forgot all about that. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Seen this this morning so not sure if anyone has tested it out yet

Revolut launches SEPA instant bank transfers for Irish customers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,214 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

More than 1 million Irish customers according to that. Astounding figure really

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Bummer1234 wrote: »

Yeah, I had one last night. Very surprised to have it appear in my bank account instantly, and especially outside business hours.

Mr.S wrote: »
    I just tried from Revolut to my AIB and it’s not appeared, it should be instant, no?

Nope, Irish Banks (with the exception of Citibank and Prepaid Financial Services) are not offering either incoming or outgoing SEPA Instant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

I just tried from Revolut to my AIB and it’s not appeared, it should be instant, no?

A.I.B on SEPA

523471.PNG

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

Bummer1234 wrote: »

From the article:
    No traditional bank in Ireland has yet rolled out SEPA instant technology

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Spocker wrote: »
    From the article:

Works with n26 id imagine who has alot of irish customers tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Yep just did a transfer from revolut to n26. Was Instant. Pretty damn good.

So this feature is effectively useless to Irish customers sending to other Irish accounts?

Odd that they would put out PR around that then.

Yes.

However you might see some quicker credits if the Irish bank (like KBC) has multiple processing windows with the payment system rather than the traditional morning/afternoon routine.

The benefit is for those customer who have accounts with banks that support SEPA instant.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

So this feature is effectively useless to Irish customers sending to other Irish accounts?

Odd that they would put out PR around that then.

Shows the public yet again how **** the legacy banks are in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,409 ✭✭✭irishgeo

what's the timeline of transferring a GBP amount to a uk bank from Revolut.

irishgeo wrote: »
    what's the timeline of transferring a GBP amount to a uk bank from Revolut.

Can be a few minutes (if the receiving bank support Faster Payment Services) to next business day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Just did a Revolut transfer to my N26 bank account and the money arrived instantly. This is really great!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Cheerilee

Hello
    I need to send a small sum of money abroad asap,
    I dont have a Revolut account but the person (family member) can add money to their account on their revolut app using my visa debit card? Will this arrive in their Revolut account straight away and apparently when transferring money using a visa card you also need to give a post code, do I use my Eircode for that? if it takes longer than a day then ill just head down to a western union tomorrow but Revolut appears to be quicker I just dont know how long it will take for the money to appear in their account
    anyone any update?
    many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Cheerilee wrote: »
    Hello
    I dont have a Revolut account but the person (family member) can add money to their account on their revolut app using my visa debit card? Will this arrive in their Revolut account straight away and apparently when transferring money using a visa card you also need to give a post code, do I use my Eircode for that? if it takes longer than a day then ill just head down to a western union tomorrow but Revolut appears to be quicker I just dont know how long it will take for the money to appear in their account
    anyone any update?
    many thanks

Why not sign up yourself, you'll be done in a few minutes and can have a virtual card you can use online. Just download the app and sign up. Revolut card tops are instant, Revolut to Revolut is instant, Revolut to merchant is the same as any other visa card transaction

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Worth noting too if the person's bank account you're sending money too supports SEPA Instant the money will be transferred instantly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Cheerilee wrote: »
    Hello
    anyone any update?
    many thanks
    The other person can send you a payment "request via link". They can generate it inside the app and send it to you. Then you go to the link, enter your card details, and the requested amount will arrive in the other person's account.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

:D:D have that for ages with Aib very slow they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Revolut have a rewards program now.

30% discount on Reebok.

Other companies included are ASOS, MyProtein, M+M and many more.

This rewards program seems much better than any other atm.

Revolut have a rewards program now.

30% discount on Reebok.

Other companies included are ASOS, MyProtein, M+M and many more.

This rewards program seems much better than any other atm.

Kildare Village too...wd can't use during the local lockdown though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Kildare Village too...wd can't use during the local lockdown though.

20 offers in total including 3 months of MUBI movies for free.

Remember to click on the rewards you are interested in within the app and like them. That way they will send you similar offers from other companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

€6 a month maintenance fee. Time for me to finally close my accounts with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Rx713B

Lads -

Looking to purchase a motorbike this week and looking to revolut the amount to the guy selling it to me -

Any issue in doing this ?

The amount is 5k?

Thanks

Advertisement