Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,292 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Here are what the terms look like. The perks cashback they do in the UK is much better as its instant saving at time of payment.
    In other news, dark out is also rolling out.

Reward Terms
    • Essential Information
    • Cashback is calculated excluding VAT, delivery and other associated charges.
    • This Reward entitles new users to 17% cashback, and existing customers with 6% cashback.
    • Cashback may be declined due to the order being cancelled, returned, customer failing credit check, breach of T&Cs and duplicate orders.
    • You must follow the link in the Rewards section and purchase immediately to be eligible for cashback.
    • Using a promotional/voucher code not supplied by Revolut will prevent you from receiving your cashback.
    • Revolut will make all reasonable endeavours to secure the cashback within 90 days of the relevant transaction.
    • If you have not received your cashback within 90 days, please contact our support team via in-app chat to request an update.

Additional Terms
    • The Reward is valid until the time displayed in the Rewards section.
    • The Reward is provided in the form of cashback only with your Revolut card.
    • Each Reward is redeemable once and multiple Rewards cannot be claimed against one transaction.
    • The Reward is available only to Revolut customers who have passed their know your customer (KYC) checks.
    • The Reward is non-transferable, non-cumulative and cannot be exchanged for cash or other products.
    • Rewards are subject to change without notice at Revolut's sole discretion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

My virtual card has an expired date of 08/20 and I have a standard Revolut account. Do I need to request a new virtual card before the end of August or will one be auto generated for me? Do I need to pay for the virtual card when it is being replaced due to expiry?

Can’t remember if my virtual card has expired before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭quokula

Anyone know why my wife’s card might not work in ATMs? It’s fine for chip and pin and contactless, and in the App I can see that atm withdrawals are enabled. But she’s tried three local ATMs, one BOI one AIB and one PTSB, and they’ve all rejected it. The withdrawal payment appears as unclaimed in the app and says it will revert after seven days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭OU812

quokula wrote: »
    Anyone know why my wife’s card might not work in ATMs? It’s fine for chip and pin and contactless, and in the App I can see that atm withdrawals are enabled. But she’s tried three local ATMs, one BOI one AIB and one PTSB, and they’ve all rejected it. The withdrawal payment appears as unclaimed in the app and says it will revert after seven days.

Has she activated the card with a pin payment in a shop first.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭quokula

OU812 wrote: »
    Has she activated the card with a pin payment in a shop first.

Yeah she uses it regularly in shops, both with pin and with contactless, and it's been fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,991 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Maybe try a pin change just to rule out a glitch there.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

A bit of a long shot suggestion, but was the location security on and her phone at home on the occasions she was attempting the ATM?

Given Google Pay and Samsung Pay don't work here on a Samsung watch or even say a Fossil branded watch that has Wear OS, what are the options to pay fircstuff using your watch linked to a Revolut card?

Apple watch - although for me I have an Android phone.
    Fitbit
    Garmin

Do any other brands work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,991 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Given Google Pay and Samsung Pay don't work here on a Samsung watch or even say a Fossil branded watch that has Wear OS, what are the options to pay fircstuff using your watch linked to a Revolut card?

Apple watch - although for me I have an Android phone.
    Fitbit
    Garmin

Do any other brands work?
    Fitbit do. Have my Versa 2 linked to my Revolut card and use it with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

Hi Guys,

I am 1000% sure this has been asked before, I can search and find many things, but I cant seem to find an answer, I suspect cause I am wording my search poorly.

I have a massive trip planned in the states, hopefully next year, but yeah, who knows. It will happen though by March 2022.

I have started adding a little money into a dollar account today as rates are good.

But I do just want to check. How do I "use" that money in the states. Do I just use my debit card and it will be taken from the US account or do I need to tx it back into my normaly holdings?

School this obvious idiot :D

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭chickenlittle

Hi Wanton,

Yes just use card and will use US currency.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,989 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Wanton wrote: »
    But I do just want to check. How do I "use" that money in the states. Do I just use my debit card and it will be taken from the US account or do I need to tx it back into my normaly holdings?

School this obvious idiot :D

Thanks

It will use the USD amount by default when over there. When that's used it it will then start taking Euro and convert it to USD to bake the payment.

Good time to be buying, rate is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Just to clarify if you want to buy something for $20 and you only have $10 and €10 the transaction will fail. you need suchificent funds in either wallet, it won't mix and match.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

Many thanks. Thought as much, but wanted to confirm.

Yeah, defo a good time to buy, might even move towards 1.20 if I am lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭normanbond

Revolut Card.
    I have received a GB sterling transfer from another Revolut card holder into my Revolut card over 3 weeks ago. My app shows the transfer has taken place but my euro balance hasn’t increased.
    How do I get access to the amount received?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

normanbond wrote: »
    Revolut Card.
    I have received a GB sterling transfer from another Revolut card holder into my Revolut card over 3 weeks ago. My app shows the transfer has taken place but my euro balance hasn’t increased.
    How do I get access to the amount received?

If they transferred sterling it will be in your sterling balance immediately. Have you ever used sterling with your Revolut? If you did click the drop-down arrow beside your euro balance and select UK sterling. If not click on the 3 dots beside your euro balance and add UK sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Lads has anyone used revolut to get the "my protein" cashback?

It says "remember to paste the code at checkout" but i dont see any code.

Also I am assuming that you can't get cashback from Revolut AND use one of my proteins standard coupons?

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

It copies the code Revolut38 to my clipboard when I click through so I am guessing they can't be used together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Revolut have fully launched in Australia if you want to tell your Oz friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

The investors not going to like that.They would want to start earning a profit down the line before they start going looking for more funding.

Delta2113 wrote: »
    Revolut have fully launched in Australia if you want to tell your Oz friends.

Very easy to send money to someone there now, or vice versa.

Testing ongoing for New Zealand.

https://blog.revolut.com/australia-we-are-go/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭Zardoz

No wonder they are freezing so many peoples accounts .
    Time to withdraw any balance I have .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Zardoz wrote: »

You're going to sh1t yourself when you hear about the last twelve years or so of Irish banks losses so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Kat1170 wrote: »
    You're going to sh1t yourself when you hear about the last twelve years or so of Irish banks losses so.

Difference being Revolut isn't a bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

You said two months ago you couldn't trust them. Why do you still have any money with them at all?
    Agreed ,Revolut cannot be trusted .
    They are constantly locking peoples accounts ,freezing transfers and demanding documentation if you are moving larger amounts of money.
    N26 are much better to deal with ,they are a proper bank with a savings guarantee .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Zardoz wrote:
    No wonder they are freezing so many peoples accounts . Time to withdraw any balance I have .

Drama queen alert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Mr.S wrote: »
    What’s the connection with operating losses and freezing accounts? They aren’t stealing peoples money :confused:

Could be freezing accounts of expensive customers

Advertisement