Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

Hello, I am trying to link my Revolut to National Lottery website.
    I am getting Pending - Card Authorization Request.
    Does anyone know what this means ?
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

IIRC National Lottery won't accept Revolut cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

6541 wrote: »
    Thanks in advance.

Dont think the lotto accepts Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Thanks in advance.

Lotto demands a card that is coded as Ireland.

Some Revolut cards work but other's don't it depends on what the country is the card is coded.

Now in princple you could take Lotto to the regulator about them doing this but good luck, I think they have some other problems right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

https://www.lottery.ie/useful-info/faqs
    "A credit or debit card from an Irish-regulated financial institution is needed to fund your wallet to allow you to play games online."

https://www.lottery.ie/account/manage/mywallet/payment-details
    "Please note: you can only use a card that is registered with an Irish bank account."

( https://www.lottoland.ie/ have no such restrictions.)
    Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Mr.S wrote: »
    The point is that you don't get an IE IBAN and social welfare payments require an IE account.

@Elysium1 the best way around this would be to get an EBS account (totally free) and then load your payments from EBS into Revolut.

Or local credit union if that is handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Mr.S wrote: »
    The point is that you don't get an IE IBAN and social welfare payments require an IE account.

@Elysium1 the best way around this would be to get an EBS account (totally free) and then load your payments from EBS into Revolut.

I was told by the welfare they would accept revolut even though it has a uk IBAN.

As for EBS i went to open an account but was told i needed to make an appointment and it would take 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Delta2113

@Yggr of Asgard - you can now get a Disposable Virtual Card free on the standard package. Any idea since when?

Delta2113 wrote: »
    @Yggr of Asgard - you can now get a Disposable Virtual Card free on the standard package. Any idea since when?

I guess you are in Android?

About 5 days ago this started to show up but it looks very much like a bug rather than a feature. Similar to the additional cards bug a while ago.

No official announcement about his so I would guess its a bug.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Any one else here having issues topping up?

"Something has gone wrong. Please try again later."

• Advertisement

@Yggr of Asgard -Don't think a bug. I may be wrong but I think when they launched for U.S.A. they added it for everyone on standard??

I'm on Android allright.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭downtown3858

igCorcaigh wrote: »

Having the same problem from 11 this morning

Delta2113 wrote: »
    @Yggr of Asgard -Don't think a bug. I may be wrong but I think when they launched for U.S.A. they added it for everyone on standard??

I'm on Android allright.

Might be for the reason you elude to but there is no official announcement and this is mostly on Android on the last version. Some apple users also see it but not all.

So until its official I would treat it as bug but they usually don't take the cards away that were issued by mistake.

igCorcaigh wrote: »

You and a lot of people have this right now.

Others are also experiencing problems with card usage or to transfer funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

I have an in-app notification now about getting a disposable card, by clicking on the bell in the top-right.

I'm just on the basic package, iPhone user

brianomc wrote: »
    I have an in-app notification now about getting a disposable card, by clicking on the bell in the top-right.

I'm just on the basic package, iPhone user

Well it's a feature than.....

Excellent addition.

@Yggr of Asgard - think I got 2 e-mails about it as well. I'll try it later.

I stand corrected it is now a feature:

Secure virtual cards for safe online shopping
    Now more than ever, people are taking their shopping online. Whether you’ve been burned by online card fraud before or not, we’ve got an extra secure solution for you: Disposable virtual cards.

Each time you make an online payment with a disposable virtual card, we then automatically destroy those card details, and generate new ones in your app, ready for your next online transaction.

For a disposable card, swipe right on the Virtual cards page to the 'Disposable virtual' option.

The feature showed up a couple of days ago in Android but not apple. Than on apple a day or two ago.

And now its official, refreshing that revolt is doing something positive to surprise me.

Most Fin apps are very good in giving you a final warning in case a charge is involved and you can stop but to be honest I wasn't 100% sure this was FREE or if it upgraded you so that's why I asked @Yggr of Asgard.

I once got charged by Monese for ordering a GB card which they told me was free. In fairness when I kicked up a bit they rang me and admitted it was a bug and applied a credit to my account.

• Advertisement

Okay there is something weird going on with revolt.

Following the above discussion about virtual cards I tried to log in and on apple I get told I have an unverified account and on android all of my cards don't allow me to see the full card numbers claiming my password is wrong.

But the account status is normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Okay there is something weird going on with revolt.

Following the above discussion about virtual cards I tried to log in and on apple I get told I have an unverified account and on android all of my cards don't allow me to see the full card numbers claiming my password is wrong.

But the account status is normal.

I had that issue the other day on android,had to re verify with a selfie and picture of my passport. I had changed phones 3 times in a week so thought it was something to do with that

Just used Disposable Virtual Card ok. App is currently not responding so I think they have a few issues at the moment. Top up's being another one.

NATLOR wrote: »
    I had that issue the other day on android,had to re verify with a selfie and picture of my passport. I had changed phones 3 times in a week so thought it was something to do with that

Well Apple just resolved itself with full functionality back, Android still claiming wrong pass code.

There is clearly something wrong in light of this, reports about top up issues, bank transfer issues and payments issues.

However spending seams to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Well Apple just resolved itself with full functionality back, Android still claiming wrong pass code.

There is clearly something wrong in light of this, reports about top up issues, bank transfer issues and payments issues.

However spending seams to work.

Revolut is working on android for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

I got an email from Revolut about free virtual cards on 27 March. Checked in the app (iPhone) on the same day, and it was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The feature showed up a couple of days ago in Android but not apple. Than on apple a day or two ago.

And now its official, refreshing that revolt is doing something positive to surprise me.

Seems a bit strange that they would add this for free ,it was one of the features that made Premium enticing.

How many virtual cards can one have now ?

Zardoz wrote: »
    Seems a bit strange that they would add this for free ,it was one of the features that made Premium enticing.

How many virtual cards can one have now ?

One used to be able to have 5 cards in total but that somehow is no longer valid.

Over time I now have 3 virtual cards

Disposable Mastercard (Country Ireland)
    Classic Mastercard (UK)
    REV P Mastercard (UK)

And as plastic I have 4 cards

REV P Mastercard (UK)
    Ex Premium Mastercard (Ireland)
    Pride Mastercard (Ireland)
    Original Visa (UK)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

One used to be able to have 5 cards in total but that somehow is no longer valid.

Over time I now have 3 virtual cards

Disposable Mastercard (Country Ireland)
    Classic Mastercard (UK)
    REV P Mastercard (UK)

And as plastic I have 4 cards

REV P Mastercard (UK)
    Ex Premium Mastercard (Ireland)
    Pride Mastercard (Ireland)
    Original Visa (UK)

didnt realise the pride card was Irish - binlist.net says so too
    Handy for using it with itunes and spotify then

• Advertisement

Dardania wrote: »
    didnt realise the pride card was Irish - binlist.net says so too
    Handy for using it with itunes and spotify then

BIN lists are not always right, I did use card peak to read it out and it worked on iTunes.

Advertisement