Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trevor Deely case - new witness

Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

greencap wrote: »
    Why would you assume they're reading this.

I just requested for people to stop spouting ****e about a poor mans disappearance on Christmas Eve .

• Registered Users Posts: 26,223 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Omackeral wrote: »
    Don't know what your issue is with this part? AGS have actually emailed the Irish Prison Service this week as it happens and, in turn, all IPS staff have been mailed this week regarding the case. It includes the display of posters in communal areas. So it's an official thing in and of itself. The footnote actually says it's appreciated by the Deely family but sure you know better.

What are you talking about?

The poster is pointing out the absurdity of people thinking the idea for said poster campaign began on this thread.

LillySV wrote: »
    Wasn’t there some mention previously of the deelys affected by some of the speculation online about their sons disappearance ??? Therefore good chance they’re referring to here

Quite likely reddit...... A haven for t0ssers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Augeo wrote: »

Did you read the previous thread that was closed at the request of his family.
    Reddit had nothing on that bonkers thread!

Augeo wrote: »

Possibly so... either way I just reckoned it would be nice not to speculate about things on Christmas Eve ....some here have it as a done thing that he was availing of a prostitute on the nite and I don’t think that’s a fair assumption to make .... if he had I wouldn’t think any less of em.... agreement between two consenting adults and all that ... but I still don’t think it’s right to assume that’s what happened that nite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Possibly so... either way I just reckoned it would be nice not to speculate about things on Christmas Eve ....some here have it as a done thing that he was availing of a prostitute on the nite and I don’t think that’s a fair assumption to make .... if he had I wouldn’t think any less of em.... agreement between two consenting adults and all that ... but I still don’t think it’s right to assume that’s what happened that nite

While I agree that it would be good to give it a break on christmas day.
    Lots of people go missing but the reason this case is so fascinating is because it is such a mystery.
    Due to the lack of facts it's going to be either wild speculation or nothing at all. There is not enough info to keep the talk based in reality.
    It's up to the mods if this speculation should continue or if it should be shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

tuxy wrote: »
    Lots of people go missing but the reason this case is so fascinating is because it is such a mystery.
    And it's popping up in the media every year with new witnesses, digging up whole sites, putting up posters in prisons etc. I'm very sure there are many missing cases which are comparable mysteric and none is written about. Must be a 'great' feeling for these families also.

Why announcing the putting up posters in prisons in the tabloid? Absolutely unnecessary for people outside this prisons to know. If this is so stressfull for the family, they firstly and for all should have a word with the press and guards not to release this stuff in main tabloids! But no, it's written about in a way stirring speculation and then people(family?) complain about this speculation. Sorry, not getting it anymore at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

tuxy wrote:
    While I agree that it would be good to give it a break on christmas day. Lots of people go missing but the reason this case is so fascinating is because it is such a mystery. Due to the lack of facts it's going to be either wild speculation or nothing at all. There is not enough info to keep the talk based in reality. It's up to the mods if this speculation should continue or if it should be shut down.

Fascinating isn't a word I'd attach to it. These threads just keep going because there's a lot of wannabe Jessica Fletchers​ out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Just a word on the prison posters. They're almost identical in appearance to the recent Crimestoppers one of a couple of years ago with the 100,000 reward still being offered but there's a confidential line the prisoners can call to report anything. That's an interesting addition.

Basically prisoners have a phone card system in jail. They have personal numbers they elect and may call them a limited amount of times per day. All these calls are monitored. As well as this, they have the option to call thier solicitor unlimited but confidentially i.e. not listened in on. They also have this same option with a direct line to The Samaritans. This Crimestoppers line is advertised in the same way as the Samaritans one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

Omackeral wrote: »
    Just a word on the prison posters. They're almost identical in appearance to the recent Crimestoppers one of a couple of years ago with the 100,000 reward still being offered but there's a confidential line the prisoners can call to report anything. That's an interesting addition.

Basically prisoners have a phone card system in jail. They have personal numbers they elect and may call them a limited amount of times per day. All these calls are monitored. As well as this, they have the option to call thier solicitor unlimited but confidentially i.e. not listened in on. They also have this same option with a direct line to The Samaritans. This Crimestoppers line is advertised in the same way as the Samaritans one.
    on the prison phone? Not allowed mobile are they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

on the prison phone? Not allowed mobile are they?

No, not in a normal everyday prison. There are contraband mobiles in there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Wasn’t there some mention previously of the deelys affected by some of the speculation online about their sons disappearance ??? Therefore good chance they’re referring to here

Also a good chance that theyre not.

Previously.

I just requested for people to stop spouting ****e about a poor mans disappearance on Christmas Eve .

Maybe its you that needs to stop spouting.

Forum police.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

noodler wrote: »
    What are you talking about?

The poster is pointing out the absurdity of people thinking the idea for said poster campaign began on this thread.

It was only a vaguely half-expressed idea.

Wasn't expecting anyone to get worked up about it but then I don't think there's a page of this thread where someone isn't getting worked up about something.

tuxy wrote: »
    Did you read the previous thread that was closed at the request of his family.
    Reddit had nothing on that bonkers thread!

Read above mr greencap.
    Anyways respect clearly couldn’t be shown over the Christmas period for his family... it’s clear there’s afew nasty thoughtless people on this thread that couldn’t give a ****e about mr deely or his family and just want to speculate and come out with hateful dribble...I’m removing myself from here cause not going to read any more dribble

Read above mr greencap.
    Anyways respect clearly couldn’t be shown over the Christmas period for his family... it’s clear there’s afew nasty thoughtless people on this thread that couldn’t give a ****e about mr deely or his family and just want to speculate and come out with hateful dribble...I’m removing myself from here cause not going to read any more dribble

I respect your right to not get involved in conversations which displease you.

Its a way better choice than expecting others stop discussing events just because the conversation displeases you.

Farewell.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Guys, I have removed a lot of speculative posts from the thread. It is extremely unfair to the Deely family to come onto a thread like this and assume that any discovery of human remains is Trevor without any idea of whether it is true or not. I know there were no bad intentions in posting here but please refrain from posting such items until there is something conclusive to post.
    MadYaker wrote: »
    Must be horrible for the family every time a discovery like this is made, it never ends.
    MadYaker said it best above, as you might imagine and as you would do yourself in the same circumstances, the Deely family monitor online mentions of their son & brother in case any new information comes to light somewhere. It is painful for them to have to read and re-read speculations on top of dealing with news reports that human remains have been found.

I have moved the non-speculative posts about the discovery of these remains in Rathmines to a new thread in Current Affairs forum here but please do not speculate as to the identity of the person. I'm sure the Gardaí will be able to release the person's name if and when they identify them and hopefully give some family closure.

Thanks for your co-operation everyone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement