Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trevor Deely case - new witness

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,376 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

That anecdote you tell ghostface could’ve been a set up for an ambush -

I wonder was it a one off or a regular thing for her to be “just looking to get laid”. Sounds very dodge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

10 minutes between TD leaving his office and MIB following him in the last footage

What happened in that 10 minutes?

I thought it was a few seconds apart.

The office was on the corner of Leeson st and Wilton Terrace, the ATM CCTV where the last footage came from was on the corner of Baggot St and Haddington Rd. It's a 5-7min walk. There are any number of variables why it took ~10minutes not least because the timestamps on both cameras were not in sync. Also, Trevor made a phonecall to a friend and left a voicemail during the walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Kind of unfounded idle speculation that got the old thread shut down.
    Can you imagine the family reading this.

There's far worse speculation going on the thread tbh. I don't see much wrong with a young lad with a few quid in his pocket looking for some action after a night on the tiles. Hardly crime of the century? People do far worse with drink taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

I often think about the phone call to his mate who missed the call as he was asleep.

I wonder had something happened in the bar / leaving the bar that he thought 'must tell my buddy about that'. Maybe he was propositioned by someone and thought it was funny but inadvertently caused offence. Strange to call someone at that time of the morning just to shoot the breeze, though maybe that was the norm for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

That area was full of all sorts of strange characters at night. I was living in landsowne rd area and would walk home from town most weekends full of beer.
    One night I got propositioned on the canal by what I thought was a streetwalker and told her I hadn't the money. She said she just wanted to get laid. Her boyfriend was home and they both were high, which resulted in her having high libido and him none and he wanted to watch her having sex with someone else.
    They lived in a nice, plush place. He was an obvious heroin user and probably a dealer and her an office girl.
    If I had never come out of that house alive that night for any reason, most likely they would have never been caught. I'd be gone without a trace. My family would be defending my character and I'd most likely have been put down as having ended up in the water somewhere and swept out.
    It's possible that whatever has happened to trevor has never been thought of yet.

You've got to be kidding us, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Souf

Just goes to show anything could have happened. People are thinking about it too narrow mindedly. He could very very easily have ended up in some place for something you’d never think of.

They lived in a nice, plush place. He was an obvious heroin user and probably a dealer and her an office girl.......................

Obvious heroin users were living in plush places well into the boom years in Dublin?
    Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DarTipp

Kind of unfounded idle speculation that got the old thread shut down.
    Can you imagine the family reading this.

yes that's a possibility he could have been looking for 'female company' arranged it then changed his mind and the MIB took it badly and he got attacked/killed etc. similar he could have been looking for drugs etc. people do all kinds of stuff with lots of drink on them at that hour in the morning, I know its speculation nothing like this can be ruled out either. I hope it was a case of death by accident i.e. falling into the dodder , suicide is a possibility as well and maybe he was a victim of a hit and run.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭wyrn

xalot wrote: »
    I often think about the phone call to his mate who missed the call as he was asleep.

I wonder had something happened in the bar / leaving the bar that he thought 'must tell my buddy about that'. Maybe he was propositioned by someone and thought it was funny but inadvertently caused offence. Strange to call someone at that time of the morning just to shoot the breeze, though maybe that was the norm for them.
    I don't think so. There was an interview with Glen in 2017 and it seems that they were playing phone tag. Glen was out as well down in Naas and had tried calling Trevor earlier in the night. It seems that Trevor was returning the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

wyrn wrote: »
    I don't think so. There was an interview with Glen in 2017 and it seems that they were playing phone tag. Glen was out as well down in Naas and had tried calling Trevor earlier in the night. It seems that Trevor was returning the call.

Yes the article says they were playing phone tag, but after having the tea with his colleague he would have sobered up so would have been aware it was very late to call someone, though Glen also had his Xmas party that night so it's possible he was also still out.

I wonder was he aware someone was behind him and thought about chatting to Glen while he walked home, his voicemail didn't mention anything but I dont think that's the kind of thing you'd mention in a voicemail anyway, even if you were a bit nervous....must be horrible for his friend to have missed that call.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

That anecdote you tell ghostface could’ve been a set up for an ambush -

I wonder was it a one off or a regular thing for her to be “just looking to get laid”. Sounds very dodge.

The poster hasn’t said that they told the police about it. Tbh it sounds like bs.

xalot wrote: »
    Yes the article says they were playing phone tag, but after having the tea with his colleague he would have sobered up so would have been aware it was very late to call someone, though Glen also had his Xmas party that night so it's possible he was also still out.

I wonder was he aware someone was behind him and thought about chatting to Glen while he walked home, his voicemail didn't mention anything but I dont think that's the kind of thing you'd mention in a voicemail anyway, even if you were a bit nervous....must be horrible for his friend to have missed that call.

The saddest thing is that Glen just happened to leave his phone downstairs that night as well as it needed to be charged. Otherwise he may have answered the call.

I also often wonder if Trevor called for a particular reason. Perhaps he was a bit spooked and didn’t want to disturb anyone but knew his mate had been out so might answer.

And then didn’t want to say too much on the voicemail.

I've thought that as well, given the route home he took down Haddington Road which is just not the way to get to where he lived. I used to walk through that area home from town a number of years ago after a few pints and there is a temptation when you're a bit pissed and heading home alone to engage with the offers from the ladies of the night. It would explain how he came to end up in a house and be subject to an attempted mugging. From the CCTV it seems like MIB had some interaction with him prior to Trevor going to the office, maybe to set up the meet with a girl. Then the MIB was opportunistic as he saw Trevor worked in a bank so presumed he had access to money which then lead to an attempted mugging rather than just a transaction for sex.
    yes that theory was put forward that he (TD) had arranged to meet someone that night where it probably went wrong (horribly) for him if he say changed his mind or tried to get out of that situation

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Username you choose

Hi all, I must firstly say that my thoughts are with TD family, friends and work colleagues especially at this time of year.

I am in my late 30s now, something in particular always (haunted, intrigued, scared) not sure which word fits. I used to frequent the area quite a bit around the 97-00 mark, a friend of mine worked in the area and we used to meet every Friday for drinks. I knew a lad at my workplace who was the main bouncer of angels lapdancing club, many a time we would head there as we got in for free.

Many times also, I would get separated from my friend (he used to wander off or go home too drunk) we were young and being in the city you felt so free, invincible almost. We took no drugs so would not have been in the drugs "scene" directly, however, I am not ashamed to say it, used to head down along the canal on numerous occasions at that time, mostly after being in angels, few drinks, girls dancing, maybe few private dances etc.. needless to say I was young dumb and full of *um!

I took the services of many ladies down by the canal and surrounding areas, never once was I offered to go to s house or car, nor did I witness or have any interactions with any male pimps. I did not see any men watching us or me in particular.
    ;

1) Some of the girls, one in particular, seemed to greatly enjoy our interactions, didn't charge me full amount, told me if she was caught she would be in trouble, I guess it was off the books?!

2) If someone was watching us and unbeknownst to me was keeping close eye on us, It's impossible for me to say. I never felt threatened or uncomfortable considering the situations I was in. I had one thing on my mind and that clouded any rational thinking.

I don't know that I'm trying to say really, this case in my opinion was a matter of TD having few drinks that night, for whatever reason, maybe he was lonely (like me) and the access to women was tempting as long as you had £20-30 then why would that not be a possibility? I really think TD either agreed to meet a lady or paid for a service but didn't go through and looked for refund? I do NOT believe he drowned or was victim of a hit and run. I don't have evidence of course to back up my theory, I just think some prefer to think that this young man would never attempt to meet a lady of the night. It is of course highly likely he did. Maybe regretted it or sobered up and thought to ring his friend about it. As I mentioned I was many times in similar situation, the difference is I initially paid for services and can swear under oath, we don't know if TD did the same.

Either way, my point is probably not well made, no good at writing to be honest. I am merely saying, I could have easily very easily found myself like TD, if I was offered to go to a house back then, I probably in all honesty gone there. I was lucky. Each time this case comes up in the media I shiver.

I hope the family get the answers and justice they deserve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Hi all, I must firstly say that my thoughts are with TD family, friends and work colleagues especially at this time of year.

I am in my late 30s now, something in particular always (haunted, intrigued, scared) not sure which word fits. I used to frequent the area quite a bit around the 97-00 mark, a friend of mine worked in the area and we used to meet every Friday for drinks. I knew a lad at my workplace who was the main bouncer of angels lapdancing club, many a time we would head there as we got in for free.

Many times also, I would get separated from my friend (he used to wander off or go home too drunk) we were young and being in the city you felt so free, invincible almost. We took no drugs so would not have been in the drugs "scene" directly, however, I am not ashamed to say it, used to head down along the canal on numerous occasions at that time, mostly after being in angels, few drinks, girls dancing, maybe few private dances etc.. needless to say I was young dumb and full of *um!

I took the services of many ladies down by the canal and surrounding areas, never once was I offered to go to s house or car, nor did I witness or have any interactions with any male pimps. I did not see any men watching us or me in particular.
    ;

1) Some of the girls, one in particular, seemed to greatly enjoy our interactions, didn't charge me full amount, told me if she was caught she would be in trouble, I guess it was off the books?!

2) If someone was watching us and unbeknownst to me was keeping close eye on us, It's impossible for me to say. I never felt threatened or uncomfortable considering the situations I was in. I had one thing on my mind and that clouded any rational thinking.

I don't know that I'm trying to say really, this case in my opinion was a matter of TD having few drinks that night, for whatever reason, maybe he was lonely (like me) and the access to women was tempting as long as you had £20-30 then why would that not be a possibility? I really think TD either agreed to meet a lady or paid for a service but didn't go through and looked for refund? I do NOT believe he drowned or was victim of a hit and run. I don't have evidence of course to back up my theory, I just think some prefer to think that this young man would never attempt to meet a lady of the night. It is of course highly likely he did. Maybe regretted it or sobered up and thought to ring his friend about it. As I mentioned I was many times in similar situation, the difference is I initially paid for services and can swear under oath, we don't know if TD did the same.

Either way, my point is probably not well made, no good at writing to be honest. I am merely saying, I could have easily very easily found myself like TD, if I was offered to go to a house back then, I probably in all honesty gone there. I was lucky. Each time this case comes up in the media I shiver.

Where do ya go when you get one!? If not a house or apartment or car?

TheW1zard wrote: »

If you just want to know the details? Don't need to go to house or car. Oral sex, hand relief don't need a house, plenty of gardens and I think place called lad lane or love lane (ironic names!) was were my interactions took place. Also up around a building, not sure the name of it, it runs alongside little park some apartments at end of the street, that's were I went anyway*

Have to remember, I wasn't the only one heading down there especially after visiting lapdancing clubs! it's around £150 to have sex with a girl in angels, compared to £20_30 for a blowjob or handjob.

*Wilton house along Wilton place, was were girls used to walk up and down, in behind the building for business. I'm sure security is stricter now with cctv etc... than back in 97.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Has attempted tiger kidnapping ever been ruled out?

Was loads around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

There’d much easier targets from the office and going for a bottom rung employee probably isn’t a the way to go.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 15,073 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Of course it was

He was a junior IT engineer in an asset management company.

Tiger kidnappers don't go for junior IT engineers in asset management companies.

They go for executives, who have access to cash, or have access to staff who have access to cash, or the people who carry the cash themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

TheW1zard wrote: »

This thread is mad. Was walking down near the canal one night, on the way out with a few mates. A young lad burst out of the bushes at an office, was only too delighted to tell us his story. He was in UCD, got a taxi in to town, drove around with taxi drivers looking for prostiutes. Found one, got a blowjob in bushes at offices and was now looking for a taxi back to UCD.

As for the other lad in the thread who met the junkie girlfriend of the junkie down by the canal and went back and rode her in front of the fella strung out on heroin. Wtf is wrong with the world.

• Advertisement

hurikane wrote: »
    This thread is mad. Was walking down near the canal one night, on the way out with a few mates. A young lad burst out of the bushes at an office, was only too delighted to tell us his story. He was in UCD, got a taxi in to town, drove around with taxi drivers looking for prostiutes. Found one, got a blowjob in bushes at offices and was now looking for a taxi back to UCD.

As for the other lad in the thread who met the junkie girlfriend of the junkie down by the canal and went back and rode her in front of the fella strung out on heroin. Wtf is wrong with the world.

I don't disagree with you, I was very niave and stupid. I had no idea the danger* I was in myself, I almost took satisfaction going down there, I was shy and didn't interact with girls much, this is my reason, no questions asked, hand over cash and get instant relief. Looking back now I feel guilty, especially how easy it is to disappear.

* I was always drunk when I went there, crazy to think of it now. Driving past there in daytime you would never imagine the goings on at night, even now, not as many prostituting there, but I'm sure if you know where to look you will find.

hurikane wrote: »

Wheres the romance :pac::pac:

............ it's around £150 to have sex with a girl in angels, compared to £20_30 for a blowjob or handjob..............

totally off topic but I don't believe lapdancers in Angels were offering sex for £150 in the late 90s ........ VIP room activity would cost £150 for effectively nothing beyond a grind.

Augeo wrote: »
    totally off topic but I don't believe lapdancers in Angels were offering sex for £150 in the late 90s ........ VIP room activity would cost £150 for effectively nothing beyond a grind.

As I mentioned before, I knew the main bouncer. I can guarantee you there were girls who offered this service. This was mentioned of course when in private booth receiving lapdance. Not all girls I'm sure but definitely it was offered if you had a hotel room for instance...

Stripper goes to hotel, does the deed and back home / to Angels for £150 when she can make that in VIP room in 30 mins.
    No doubt it was an offer from a few but not for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Augeo wrote: »
    Stripper goes to hotel, does the deed and back home / to Angels for £150 when she can make that in VIP room in 30 mins.
    No doubt it was an offer from a few but not for that price.

The difference between private enterprise and corporate management.
    #profitmargin

Day Lewin wrote: »
    The difference between private enterprise and corporate management.
    #profitmargin

Id say with TD being a banking whizz he probably was crunching the numbers back at the office.

;

well said, whatever he decided to do or had agreed with MIB he could easily have changed his mind when talking to his work mate karl as he sobered up a bit, I'd imagine those lads (MIB/pimp) probably though he (trevor) was messing them around and didn't take kindly to it,

the positive is that at least people have come forward recently and hopefully this will lead to the family getting the answer(s) they want

this may not seem too important, trevor arranged to meet glen and Conrad in naas for a few drinks and never showed up ? was this normal for him and would they have contacted trevor , trevor told his parents he was doing Christmas shopping in Dublin and wouldn't be home that weekend , anyway it seems a shame something bad happened to him as by all accounts he was a decent lad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭2cool4school

as a source of reminiscences about fictional encounters with prostitutes this thread is second to none. really proving it's worth now as a means of keeping awareness of Trevor's case in peoples minds. definitely shouldn't be locked and deleted, no way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

as a source of reminiscences about fictional encounters with prostitutes this thread is second to none. really proving it's worth now as a means of keeping awareness of Trevor's case in peoples minds. definitely shouldn't be locked and deleted, no way...

The quality of the posts is mixed but I think your comment is unfair. No reason for it to be locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement