Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trevor Deely case - new witness

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

I agree there had to be a dig

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/arrests/powers_of_search.html

Yes A Guard gets a tip about a supposed body hidden on a property.

Judge gives search warrant.

Dig can go ahead......evidence looked for regarding a supposed body hidden on a property.

No credible evidence regarding a supposed body hidden on a property.

The tip was not validated by anything of evidentiary value regarding Trevor ever being at this site.

Not a credible tip but had to be investigated, but should have been done with a lot more tact and compassion for Trevor's suffering family.

IMO....and I will leave it there
    How do you know what evidence was given to the garda or on what basis they had the search

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I knew that was a load of bollix when the witness said he was not interested in the reward money - it's his insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,622 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I knew that was a load of bollix when the witness said he was not interested in the reward money - it's his insurance.

In fairness - supposing you were the brother (or the ex-girlfriend, or whatever, etc) of a criminal who has just been sent to jail, or died.

And next thing the Guards announce a credible lead, and YOU start flashing new money around.

How long will you last?

Also, people on the fringes of these activities can feel regrets and remorse.
    Especially if they themselves had to shaft someone or lure them, not realising it would cause their death.
    You might be horrified afterwards at what you'd been a part of, but afraid to say a word until...

And I think this is what has been happening - just my tuppenceworth.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

How do you know what evidence was given to the garda or on what basis they had the search

The Guards / Trevor's Family said so in news reports and interviews.

From Trevors sister
    https://vocaroo.com/hQuwbLK7xgZ

From The Guards
    Until and unless we find human remains we have absolutely nothing,” said one source.

“Late next week it is possible we would be concluding this search having found nothing and with the information we’ve received having proved to be useless.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda%C3%AD-searching-for-trevor-deely-in-chapelizod-find-gun-1.3188384

Dublin dig for missing Trevor Deely called off without a discovery

GARDAHAVE COMPLETED their search of an area in Chapelizod for the remains of missing man Trevor Deely, but have not found anything that would assist them in locating Trevor.

In a statement, gardaaid: “Unfortunately nothing that furthers the search for Trevor was located during the search.

https://www.thejournal.ie/deely-missing-not-found-3609845-Sep2017/

And I will leave it there..............

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Apparently in high profile missing person cases, police receive endless tips. Only those they believe could amount to something make the press/public domain. The dig in Chapelizod was not a frivolity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Day Lewin wrote: »
    In fairness - supposing you were the brother (or the ex-girlfriend, or whatever, etc) of a criminal who has just been sent to jail, or died.

And next thing the Guards announce a credible lead, and YOU start flashing new money around.

How long will you last?

Also, people on the fringes of these activities can feel regrets and remorse.
    Especially if they themselves had to shaft someone or lure them, not realising it would cause their death.
    You might be horrified afterwards at what you'd been a part of, but afraid to say a word until...

And I think this is what has been happening - just my tuppenceworth.

yeah agree with this. I dont think the annual appeals are aimed at the general public at large hoping someone comes forward almost 20 years on and says they remember seeing something. I get the impression they are aimed at one, maybe two or three people who they hope will feel regret over their secret and make a statement which would be enough for arrests to be made. Its likely the Gardai have a main suspect but without a body or evidence the only way they can have any chance of solving this is to break the omerta surrounding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

Muahahaha wrote: »
    yeah agree with this. I dont think the annual appeals are aimed at the general public at large hoping someone comes forward almost 20 years on and says they remember seeing something. I get the impression they are aimed at one, maybe two or three people who they hope will feel regret over their secret and make a statement which would be enough for arrests to be made. Its likely the Gardai have a main suspect but without a body or evidence the only way they can have any chance of solving this is to break the omerta surrounding it.

this is exactly what I'm thinking at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Alliance123

Muahahaha wrote: »

100% agreed. It's likely as little as 2 people know exactly what happened. They've buried their guilt nearly 20 years and sadly will take it to the grave with them.

The Guards / Trevor's Family said so in news reports and interviews.

From Trevors sister

From The Guards

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda%C3%AD-searching-for-trevor-deely-in-chapelizod-find-gun-1.3188384

https://www.thejournal.ie/deely-missing-not-found-3609845-Sep2017/

And I will leave it there..............
    you think the garda don't tell them what to say. and that they tell them everything? Garda would not tell everything to anyone in case they slip up and let out something that would warn the people their appeals are aimed at

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Executioner511

They should have investigated the scene properly for evidence first, before making any announcement

Mentioning what they were searching for without any credible forensic evidence was tantamount to gross negligence of behalf of the Guards.

And it put Trevor's family through more suffering.

Nothing relating to Trevor was ever found at the site
    Spot on it was dumb they didn't do a preliminary check before running to the press saying they had very credible evidence, obviously they didn't and put the Deeley family through more turmoil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Story in herald and indo this morning saying posters have been placed in Irish prisons appealing for info on the Trevor Deely case.

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/unprecedented-appeal-in-prisons-for-help-finding-trevor-deely-38808612.html

Hopefully some new information is gained from this campaign.

Story in herald and indo this morning saying posters have been placed in Irish prisons appealing for info on the Trevor Deely case.

on first read I read that people who posted here, have been placed in irish prisons...bit paranoid here this morning..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/unprecedented-appeal-in-prisons-for-help-finding-trevor-deely-38808612.html

Hopefully some new information is gained from this campaign.

Wow, they must have a fair idea what happened to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭xalot

That's a very targeted approach, really hope it brings up some information to provide the Deely Family with closure.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Work in a prison myself. When the fresh appeal came out a couple of years ago I got some posters from the Garda station and put them up on notice boards around my jail. Visible to both staff and prisoners.

The average age of prisoner in my lock-up is about 23 though, so the majority of them would have been tots at the time. They're obviously better off aimed at a specific older demographic of inmate.

tara73 wrote: »
    on first read I read that people who posted here, have been placed in irish prisons...bit paranoid here this morning..:D
    they're coming for you:D

Omackeral wrote: »
    Work in a prison myself. When the fresh appeal came out a couple of years ago I got some posters from the Garda station and put them up on notice boards around my jail. Visible to both staff and prisoners.

The average age of prisoner in my lock-up is about 23 though, so the majority of them would have been tots at the time. They're obviously better off aimed at a specific older demographic of inmate.
    Did anyone go in recently who might have info? They could to be trying to reach someone who is newly in prison

they're coming for you:D

that was my second thought...:Dbut thank god, I'm not easy to find..:P

tara73 wrote: »
    that was my second thought...:Dbut thank god, I'm not easy to find..:P
    oh they know where you live:D hear that sound it's not the wind...the satellites are watching..

Did anyone go in recently who might have info? They could to be trying to reach someone who is newly in prison

They'd just question them if they've someone specific in mind who they reckon has info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Mwengwe

As much as the online talk has been criticised (and fairly so), I'm almost positive that someone in the old (deleted) thread floated that idea of putting posters in prisons. Maybe it gave AGS an idea or maybe coincidence.

Omackeral wrote: »

Mwengwe wrote: »
    As much as the online talk has been criticised (and fairly so), I'm almost positive that someone in the old (deleted) thread floated that idea of putting posters in prisons. Maybe it gave AGS an idea or maybe coincidence.

Poster quoted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,278 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Dear God

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Ah now. AGS are capable of coming up with useless ideas themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Ah now. AGS are capable of coming up with useless ideas themselves.

Lads seriously , Christmas Eve, leave this thread alone for Christmas and let the poor Deely family rest... rip Trevor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

LillySV wrote: »
    Lads seriously , Christmas Eve, leave this thread alone for Christmas and let the poor Deely family rest... rip Trevor

Agreed. At the same time we're not the ones who stuck posters up in prisons and published in the national press.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Why would you assume they're reading this.

if you want to leave it alone do so

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Agreed. At the same time we're not the ones who stuck posters up in prisons and published in the national press.

Don't know what your issue is with this part? AGS have actually emailed the Irish Prison Service this week as it happens and, in turn, all IPS staff have been mailed this week regarding the case. It includes the display of posters in communal areas. So it's an official thing in and of itself. The footnote actually says it's appreciated by the Deely family but sure you know better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

greencap wrote: »
    Why would you assume they're reading this.

Wasn’t there some mention previously of the deelys affected by some of the speculation online about their sons disappearance ??? Therefore good chance they’re referring to here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement