Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2020 - General Discussion Thread (See MOD warning on first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,411 ✭✭✭Harika

So we are looking at a Baku crash derby as season opener

• Registered Users Posts: 8,344 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

New F1 opening titles have been leaked a week ago on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

I'm sure most have seen this but here for those who haven't, from start to finish it's very good! :)

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

God I really hate the theme tune nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

TCP/IP wrote: »

I think its great, great bit of hype before it leads into Crofty telling you random useless facts about the country and 17 corners 6 to the right and 10 to the left

This years one is a different beat to last 2 years, dont enjoy it as much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭SquireD

TCP/IP wrote: »

Hard to beat the old stuff ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Now that's F1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,625 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Interesting now that we have technical regulations delayed for year so will put key emphasis on all these drivers who are out of contract at the end of the year. Would they do one year extensions or signed for longer? And with the year being so disjointed, we might have have a very difficult 'silly season'. Time will only tell how this year shakes out.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,017 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

astrofluff wrote: »
    Interesting now that we have technical regulations delayed for year so will put key emphasis on all these drivers who are out of contract at the end of the year. Would they do one year extensions or signed for longer? And with the year being so disjointed, we might have have a very difficult 'silly season'. Time will only tell how this year shakes out.

When you consider the sponsors who aren't getting the exposure they've paid for, I wouldn't be surprised if the best solution would just be to carry on all the contracts until next year. So I think there light be very few driver changes and few changes in general. Just play next season as if it were 2020 and carry on from there.

All sports are in that same boat. Listening to Keith wood yesterday and he reckons lots of rugby clubs would collapse if the TV channels refuse to pay for this year (which isn't in the TV channel's interest either). So I imagine a lot of deals will need to be reworked.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Kimi possibly retiring would be the only doubt to keeping things as is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

pjohnson wrote: »
    Kimi possibly retiring would be the only doubt to keeping things as is.

Can he now break Barrichello’s record for starts in 2020?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I always liked this one, the archive footage was great:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,883 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Nobody can do a weekend introduction like Ben.
    https://vimeo.com/261644421

• Registered Users Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

To all my fellow F1 homies here - I hope you are all staying safe and doing well. We are going through strange and uncertain times. Stay strong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,691 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The great and legendary Ayrton Senna would have been 60 today if he was still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Azerbaijan next to go

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Fookit, might as well watch the virtual grand prix. The worst it'll be is ****e :)

On Sky F1 and their YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/BbjC4ODWV30

German expert expects no mass gathering like Bundesliga, concerts or Motorsport till march 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Cool_CM wrote: »
    Fookit, might as well watch the virtual grand prix. The worst it'll be is ****e :)

On Sky F1 and their YouTube channel here: https://youtu.be/BbjC4ODWV30

Nothing but morons talking absolute ****e. What a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Landos Twitch stream was the highlight for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭This is it

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Landos Twitch stream was the highlight for me

Will watch him next time. It's fun for a few minutes but the commentary gets old fast. The start with all the crashes was good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,071 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

They seemed to focus too much on Hulkenberg battle. Messy first lap, Norris was unlucky to be taken out and lose a place at the end, but considering he only drove half a race he was lucky to be in that position any way

• Registered Users Posts: 12,883 ✭✭✭✭flazio

What time are the channel 4 highlights? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

They should do 100% race distances with the real drivers, strategists and stewards and use the leaderboard at the end of the series of races to award one race worth of championship points. Equal power on all cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

The IMSA race was well worth watching - 90 minute race with plenty of top level drivers. The F1 race looked completely amateur in comparison.

Carey says expectation is now an F1 season of 15-18 races. Run through summer and finish of championship likely extended beyond the end of November. Exact calendar subject to significant change.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Id say he is dreaming tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,043 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Lando streaming iRacing on Twitch at the moment, seems to be a series with Max Verstappen in it also

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Be lucky to get a good 10 races in. July - November.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭g1983d

Be lucky to get a good 10 races in. July - November.

Tahys having a race every 2and weekend, they are on about triple and quadruple headers, not sure how practical that is though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement