Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2020 - General Discussion Thread (See MOD warning on first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,458 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Mercedes to pull out of F1 immediately. More to follow...
    F00k off with your april fools.
    We've had no f1 for ages :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,210 ✭✭✭This is it

Ugh. Went googling /facepalm

This is it wrote: »
    Ugh. Went googling /facepalm
    Same, for a second or two anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 19,995 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Yeah. And Vettel retired with Hamilton to replace him at ferrari

https://www.essentiallysports.com/f1-news-sebastian-vettel-announces-shock-retirement-from-f1-as-lewis-hamilton-drops-a-major-hint/

I think I'll start reading news at the bottom to check for April fools.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

https://www.grandprix247.com/2020/04/01/ron-dennis-and-eddie-jordan-to-head-porsche-f1-return/

"RON DENNIS AND EDDIE JORDAN TO HEAD PORSCHE F1 RETURN"

More April Fools, could you imagine if that happened? :)

• Advertisement

It's past 12midday now anyway so the april fools is ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭g1983d

Cool_CM wrote: »
    https://www.grandprix247.com/2020/04/01/ron-dennis-and-eddie-jordan-to-head-porsche-f1-return/

Would love to see that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,848 ✭✭✭✭flazio

So, how are the Channel 4 team holding up?
    https://twitter.com/C4F1/status/1245292571825451009?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

That would make a great Drive to Survive episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Looks like Bernie is enjoying his retirement - German press reporting that he's about to become a father again at the ripe old age of 89:

https://www.morgenpost.de/vermischtes/article228836385/Bernie-Ecclestone-soll-erneut-Vater-werden-mit-89-Jahren.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

No way he’s all natural at that age. Blue pills all the way for young Bernard

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭g1983d

Looks like Bernie is enjoying his retirement - German press reporting that he's about to become a father again at the ripe old age of 89:

https://www.morgenpost.de/vermischtes/article228836385/Bernie-Ecclestone-soll-erneut-Vater-werden-mit-89-Jahren.html

Hes quoted as saying, since retiring hes had plenty of time to practice

Is Tamara married off yet? Her inheritance is about to take a hit.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

F1 eSports race on Sunday at 8pm. Norris, Russel, Albon, latifi, leClerc and Button all signed up so far

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

antodeco wrote: »
    F1 eSports race on Sunday at 8pm. Norris, Russel, Albon, latifi, leClerc and Button all signed up so far

Is it just me or is this watching people play computers games utterly pointless I am glad Bernie is off throwing his leg over some young one because this is certainly not motorsports.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I'm not sure about this computer game stuff either but I suppose it will keep some amused.

As for Bernie not only is it not motorsport but it's just not cricket.

She's young enough to be his grand daughter and she's 44.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭guyfo

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Is it just me or is this watching people play computers games utterly pointless I am glad Bernie is off throwing his leg over some young one because this is certainly not motorsports.

As opposed to watching people drive round in circles in real life, or kicking a ball around? Sports are pointless by definition.

If you don't like eSports the solution is simple, don't watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Today 14:00 is a rerun of Monaco 1996 on F1 page, YouTube and Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Harika wrote: »

Am I right in thinking this is the original more extreme version of the 2019 German Grand Prix?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking this is the original more extreme version of the 2019 German Grand Prix?

The top 3 were the only ones to cross the line, Frentzen pulled into the pits on the last lap and was classified 4th, Salo,Irvine & Hakkinen had a pile up a few laps from the flag but were classified. Everyone else retired

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

The top 3 were the only ones to cross the line, Frentzen pulled into the pits on the last lap and was classified 4th, Salo,Irvine & Hakkinen had a pile up a few laps from the flag but were classified. Everyone else retired

And Coulthard raced in Schumacher's spare helmet

And Coulthard raced in Schumacher's spare helmet

I wonder would such a move be permitted today. Coulthard was actually allowed keep it, it’s in his museum in Scotland

• Registered Users Posts: 15,626 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Its not starting until 15:00 now which suits me better anyway.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Purposely haven't looked up anything about this race, the rain should be fun :D

Max's old man doesn't make it past turn one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

I wonder would such a move be permitted today. Coulthard was actually allowed keep it, it’s in his museum in Scotland

Don't know if it'd be possible any more. Helmets are much more moulded to the driver than they used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,626 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Don't know if it'd be possible any more. Helmets are much more moulded to the driver than they used to be.

Its better that way and safer no doubt. I doubt any driver could use another drivers helmet now.
    I wonder how hey are all dong.
    Has Lewis but anything interesting up on his Twitter lately or are they all been super quiet and just getting through this time?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,709 ✭✭✭kksaints

Harika wrote: »

Really enjoyed it that race. Lots of drama and apart from a small bit before the pit stops which is slightly boring the rest of the race is exciting even with a limited amount of overtaking. One thing it highlighted was how bad Jonathan Palmer was as a commentator. Thankfully Brundle started the season after.

Funny how his son now does the same for BBC Radio and the F1 youtube channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,224 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I really enjoyed it aswell. Nice way to spend the afternoon. Hope they do it regularly.

• Advertisement

Both Palmer’s were terrible racers and now terrible commentators. Jonathan should have remained a doctor, only got his commentary break due to James Hunt’s death. Wasn’t it 1995 that Brundle also commentated on a few races with the BBC when he and Aguri Suzuki shared the second Ligier seat?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement