Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Mobile

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

thanks. should have gone there first.

VF network is "good" around my address. very good only small area nearby. their very good 5G covers much larger area, but still not our road..

Eir cover very good.

three is very good too. so hopeful 48 will be ok (roaming not a big concern).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭big_drive

Came on here and not surprised to see others have issues. I was hoping it wasn't just me. I live near ballincollig and recently even if in middle of town it's been hit or miss looking up something on phone. I really like An Post mobile and at only €15 a month it's great value but I'm nearly ready to go elsewhere now I think

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭rhinosaurious

Personally I just broke the bank and actually went with Vodafone themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

got the 48 sim and tested speeds with the free 1gb allowance.

200mbps outside and >100 mbps inside the house. happy days..

ill be switching number over and be done with An Post mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

hopefully a question someone can answer for me… we’re away in France with An Post SIM card - maxed out the 25GB of data cos the kids are watching Netflix etc so topped up by €18 as the text from post mobile suggested that this would restart our data allowance. This doesn’t seem to be the case… do we’ve to wait a month i.e. until we’re back from holidays to have data again? Grateful for any insight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭deezell

Are you on a €15 or €18 plan. The €15 plan has 25GB limit , home or roaming, so when you use this up a € 15 topup should reset your plan. The €18 data is not limited at home but still 25Gb roaming, and there may lie the problem, in that you have plenty of home Data, just no roaming allowance, but the topup will just sit there to the end of the month. If you'd topped up by 15 that might have been sufficient to add the 25Gb. Whats likely to happen is you'll pay extortionate per Mb rates from your €18, it should last 10 minutes on Netflix. Try the support number at exactly 9.00 am (Irish time) on +353 17057700 to have a chance of getting through.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

Was on the €15 plan, then topped up by €18 in the hope of starting another period but it hasn’t done that. I think there’s a limit per 28 day period - doesn’t matter whether you top up or not 🤷‍♀️

I suspect the €18 was treated as a cash topup. As a €15 plan customer you would have to be able to reset your data, but only if you topped up by €15 exactly. Did you try or get through to the support no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭big_drive

Spent a couple of days this week in South Kerry. Phone reception might not be the best there in places. But I found it almost unusable to look up anything using data, which is annoying when your trying to find out information on the go about places to visit, eat, etc.

Family member with me using Vodafone had no issues. Really made me think I'll have to leave An Post at this stage. The €15 a month was super value but I think at this stage I'd prefer to pay €30 for something that works well

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Cork981

At least it looks like they're doing some upgrade to improve data performance.

We are upgrading your network.

The upgrade to the data network will be completed by 25 September 2023. You will enjoy faster data speeds resulting in quicker downloads, smoother video calls, and be able to stream movies, podcasts, and games in higher quality.

https://www.anpost.com/Mobile

• Advertisement

A firm completion date, that's better than the previous bot button message

"There is work currently ongoing to help increase data speed which is currently affecting some of our customers, and we hope to have this matter resolved shortly." 

'Hope to' and 'Shortly' replaced by 'Will' and '25th Sept".

So today is D day, or 4G day even, the 25th. Switched off WiFi and done a speed test, symbols came up 4G+, and Speedtest a whopping 35Mbs which I never got at my fringe home location. Next 3 tests, data disconnected completely. Rebooted phone, back to H+ symbol, but only 3G on the speedtest, and the usual 2-3 odd Mbs.

I'll try again later.

4G+ returned, a more modest 22 but I'll take that.

Advertisement