Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2020 in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭weadick

Same also.

Wonder will any of us get a call for Cork at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Jellab

I contacted PAS today. I was 11 OOM but when they emailed me back and my OOM had changed to 14.
    Here is the response I received from them.

Due to the current Covid-19 crisis many departments are not in a position to take on additional staff so a number of candidates were reinstated on the panel.

So I am assuming by this that temporary staff that are already in these departments are remaining in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Funkey_lover19

I was number 11 back in the start of May. But now I’m around no 4 or 5 on the Summer Panel Cork.
    So I assume contracts are being offered whether it be work from home or maybe they’re offering contracts to start in July/August when lockdown is fully eased.
    Anyone here got updates on Cork?

I started off at 39 OOM then contacted them in May and was 11th now as of today I am 14th OOM. I am in Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pjcpolly

Anyone know what numbers they are up to in Wexford??

• Advertisement

I was number 11 back in the start of May. But now I’m around no 4 or 5 on the Summer Panel Cork.
    So I assume contracts are being offered whether it be work from home or maybe they’re offering contracts to start in July/August when lockdown is fully eased.
    Anyone here got updates on Cork?

No updates...I guess we just have to sit tight and hope for the best :(

Hi can anyone tell me if you refuse your first offer do you get the chance for a second or are you off the panel?
    I just got an offer but its not really feasible for me

At my interview I was told I could refuse the first offer only. If I didn't accept the second then I'd be off the panel.

Jellab wrote: »
    At my interview I was told I could refuse the first offer only. If I didn't accept the second then I'd be off the panel.

I thought that but wanted to double check...Many thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

pjcpolly wrote: »
    Hi can anyone tell me if you refuse your first offer do you get the chance for a second or are you off the panel?

It depends. If its outside a certain distance you can turn it down. Think it's 43 or 48k. Ie if you live in Roscrea and get offered Clonmel you can turn it down and stay on panel.

• Advertisement

It depends. If its outside a certain distance you can turn it down. Think it's 43 or 48k. Ie if you live in Roscrea and get offered Clonmel you can turn it down and stay on panel.

You can defer your position due to the following;

· If the post is over 45km from your home address

· You are currently in a TCO contract

· Exceptional circumstances

Sorry to ask but what county was your offer in? Still waiting in Cork...

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Can I ask who said you could defer if in a TCO contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭I am me123

Has anyone not heard anything since being told they were successful at interview stage?
    Thanks a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

I am me123 wrote: »
    Has anyone not heard anything since being told they were successful at interview stage?
    Thanks a mill.

Me and the misses

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

I am me123 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill.

Me, not a word since. Last year I was starting a 10 wk summer contract - losing hope for this year. 😢

Anyone hear any updates from Cork?
    I see they have done online training up in Dublin. I was no.15 on the panel last year for cork and got a job. I say social welfare would defo need a good few TCOs soon

weadick wrote: »
    Sorry to ask but what county was your offer in? Still waiting in Cork...

Wexford

Can I ask who said you could defer if in a TCO contract?

PAS

Anyone hear any updates from Cork?
    I see they have done online training up in Dublin. I was no.15 on the panel last year for cork and got a job. I say social welfare would defo need a good few TCOs soon

High up on the panel and fed up of waiting myself...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

weadick wrote: »
    High up on the panel and fed up of waiting myself...

Same top 3 and nothing

No. 7 myself. Have been moved up and down the cork summer panel, so I feel they assigned contracts and reinstated them

No. 7 myself. Have been moved up and down the cork summer panel, so I feel they assigned contracts and reinstated them

It's very frustrating being close to the top of the panel yet hearing nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Beckett99

Is it possible for a line manager to request a TCO return for another contract or do they go strictly by the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hopefullawyer

No.20 on the Limerick panel, wonder will there be any movement ? Hard to know what will happen

Beckett99 wrote: »
    Is it possible for a line manager to request a TCO return for another contract or do they go strictly by the panel?

If you are in a contract yes they can request an extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭I am me123

Me, not a word since. Last year I was starting a 10 wk summer contract - losing hope for this year. ��

Thanks a mill for reply. Ranked OOM 119, notified I passed the interview February 2020 (before Covid 19, obviously) and not a word since. No Garda Vetting done yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

No.20 on the Limerick panel, wonder will there be any movement ? Hard to know what will happen

Assume you're summer only as I'm after you and have been offered a position.

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Same top 3 and nothing

Have you been told anything by PAS?

• Advertisement

Are they appointing more people off the all year round panel so since their backlogs are probably going to take months to clear... kind of sounds like that? Genuinely thought there’d be high demand for summer contracts but guess not

Advertisement