Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2020 in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PLUMPTIOUS

Scouseouse wrote: »
    Thanks for the update on Donegal . Are you registered for all year or summer only?

All year I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

Has anybody applied for the permanent CO campaign and if so how did you find online assessment?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Linda2linda

abbeybella wrote: »
    Has anybody applied for the permanent CO campaign and if so how did you find online assessment?

Yes I applied for permanent CO also. Done assessment over weekend. Found it good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭I am me123

Has anyone not recieved a vetting link yet? If so, what was your OOM?
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PLUMPTIOUS

abbeybella wrote: »

Seems to be much the same as before. I think depending on which job/positions they look for different answers. I've done some and passed them and some and failed and generally use same answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Linda2linda

I am me123 wrote: »
    Thank you
    I received vetting about 3 weeks ago was told early March 55 ahead of me in Donegal for all year round

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Thank you

Nope have not received it, I am 125 OMM.

Nope have not received it, I am 125 OMM.

Thanks for the reply. I am in the same boat I'm OOM 119 and have not received a vetting link yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Orlahughes86

Hi, does anyone know if the clerical officer jobs for the 2020 campaign are for permanent jobs or temporary jobs?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Hi, does anyone know if the clerical officer jobs for the 2020 campaign are for permanent jobs or temporary jobs?
    Thanks

TCO 2020 campaign are Temperary
    CO 2020 campaign are Permanent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

Thanks

That depends on which campaign you applied for. There is a temporary and permanent campaign running at the moment.

The newest campaign is for permanent positions.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭niteclubbecks

Clerical Officer in the Civil Service 2020 - Stage 1 Online Questionnaire
    Anyone get any emails after you did
    the on line questionnaire?
    Just wondering if it’s been put on hold or what the story is

Clerical Officer in the Civil Service 2020 - Stage 1 Online Questionnaire
    Anyone get any emails after you did
    the on line questionnaire?
    Just wondering if it’s been put on hold or what the story is

You dont get any email/message acknowledgement, you should have gotten a confirmation message when you submitted the questionaire.

The next message will be the results in the next week or so.

Please check out the clerical officer 2020 thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Red Honeysuckle

jules5417 wrote: »
    Im number 57 for all year. Not sure if i will take post if it is in the next few weeks. I have a partner with high risk illness so im not going ou too much.

I'm 26 all year but told them in interview I wasn't available till mid June as I has a 2 week old at the time.

Has anyone who passed the interview not recieved their Garda Vetting yet? I take it assignments to positions may have been affected by the lockdown, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Australia33

Is this campaign on pause at the moment... possibly until July / August?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Is this campaign on pause at the moment... possibly until July / August?

No idea but someone posted here recently saying results within 2 weeks. That was 2 weeks ago. So not sure what is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Australia33

Lisa2011 wrote: »
    No idea but someone posted here recently saying results within 2 weeks. That was 2 weeks ago. So not sure what is going on.

That’s prob for the permanent campaign. I have been placed in a department a number of weeks ago (I rang them and this is what they said). But I haven’t received a phone call from any department. So I’m assuming all is on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭furrybones

Has anyone who passed the interview not recieved their Garda Vetting yet? I take it assignments to positions may have been affected by the lockdown, etc.

Interviews are being done on a need basis and I guess there are no new positions being filled while we're dealing with Covid-19.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Heather60

I am no 2 on summer panel for Laois, got Garda vetted last March, but I expect things are on hold at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Funkey_lover19

Is this campaign on pause?
    I am no 10 for cork and was hoping to get a contract soon.. I even worked in DEASP last summer so I wouldn't need too much in office training.

Is this campaign on pause?
    I am no 10 for cork and was hoping to get a contract soon.. I even worked in DEASP last summer so I wouldn't need too much in office training.

Most staff are working 3 over 6 days to reduce the number of staff in the office at any one time.

In addition some other departments have shut down operations and temporarily redeployed staff to support DEASP and Revenue.

Its unlike they will be recruiting many TCO's, at least until later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

Is there anyone who has got their start date and is starting their TCO role soon ? I got my start date before the Covid-19 pandemic just wondering did anyone else and they are still starting?

Are you still starting as normal? I’ve emailed PAS asking are they still recruiting for the summer months and they couldn’t give me a clear answer. I feel they need TCOs but possibly won’t be able to allow normal office work till August?

cvb03 wrote: »
    Is there anyone who has got their start date and is starting their TCO role soon ? I got my start date before the Covid-19 pandemic just wondering did anyone else and they are still starting?

I have just been moved from no.10 on the panel for Cork to no. 5. So they are offering contracts? But are these contracts starting later in the summer maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SUMMERBAY

I have just been moved from no.10 on the panel for Cork to no. 5. So they are offering contracts? But are these contracts starting later in the summer maybe?

Hiya,
    R u no.5 on the summer panel r all year?

Summer!
    SUMMERBAY wrote: »
    Hiya,
    R u no.5 on the summer panel r all year?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TrishaK

A lot of staff who had opted for the shorter working year are being allowed to cancel it due to the covid as a lot of them may be working from home already. I'm sure there will still be some tco contracts but I dont think we'll see as many as we usually do

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

TrishaK wrote: »
    A lot of staff who had opted for the shorter working year are being allowed to cancel it due to the covid as a lot of them may be working from home already. I'm sure there will still be some tco contracts but I dont think we'll see as many as we usually do

If they applied and are having their wage deducted pro-data as most do then they can’t cancel they can just move the dates. It looks like a lot of people will try move it to later in the year so it could be that TCOs won’t be required until the new school term I’d say. I think that’s when a lot of offices will go back to more normal working patterns and capacity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭TrishaK

If they are being deducted pre rate the payment already deducted are being refunded to them in due course and they can cancel their swy

Advertisement