Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Trying to get the cash-back, but the Google claims team say they need a VAT receipt? Where would I get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Got my cashback yesterday

What proof did you use ? Much hassle getting the cashback? I sent them the order confirmation email from Vodafone as a PDF and they won't accept it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

I had to get onto Vodafone, I got this response.

Thank you for confirming the above, hope you had a good weekend.

I've sent an email to our concerned team now with all the required details, hopefully they'll be able to provide you with the proof of purchase as soon as possible given the current situation.

Thanks,
    Lara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Are people just ordering a free simcard from eir to do this? Pressed order a sim and it asks for a phone number so hoping they dont auto-port your number when ordering?

• Advertisement

Del007 wrote: »
    I had to get onto Vodafone, I got this response.

Thank you for confirming the above, hope you had a good weekend.

I've sent an email to our concerned team now with all the required details, hopefully they'll be able to provide you with the proof of purchase as soon as possible given the current situation.

Thanks,
    Lara

How did you get through to them? Been on hold / transferred from team to team the last while. They are up in a heap I'd say with all that's going on.
    Customer Care. PAYG team. Online team. None of them have an answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Are people just ordering a free simcard from eir to do this? Pressed order a sim and it asks for a phone number so hoping they dont auto-port your number when ordering?

I used 48. Free sim & postage, take a couple of days for delivery of sim though.

Today is the last day to purchase the phone, to avail of the cashback folks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Just curious if anyone else has picked up on this?

I've checked resolution settings / made sure lens is clean etc, but I think there's been a marked deterioration in the quality of photos captured by the camera on my 3a.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

If you order, do you have to sign up for €20 recurring plans now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

rks wrote: »
    If you order, do you have to sign up for €20 recurring plans now?

yeah, but there's no phone inspector who's going to call around to your house and make you top up by €20 every month (or even the first month)

Assuming here you're not dumb enough to sign up for a billpay plan...

• Advertisement

Not really looking to sign up for billpay and good to know there's no phone inspectors :)

What I actually wanted to clarify is, if I order they wont charge €20 from my credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Not really looking to sign up for billpay and good to know there's no phone inspectors :)

What I actually wanted to clarify is, if I order they wont charge €20 from my credit card.

Nope

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

I still haven't received my SIM from Eir and today is last today, if I use my own number and then ask them to move my network on specific date and set the date to 1st April 2035 or something like that than I should be OK right

rizzee wrote: »
    I used 48. Free sim & postage, take a couple of days for delivery of sim though.

Today is the last day to purchase the phone, to avail of the cashback folks!!

I would not risk buying today as the dispatch note might have tomorrows date....and might create cashback approval issues !

I would not risk buying today as the dispatch note might have tomorrows date....and might create cashback approval issues !

Would surely come down to the date of purchase?

Anyway, I'm in the clear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Same

Would surely come down to the date of purchase?

Anyway, I'm in the clear :D

I was heckled by google saying order email and dispatch has separate dates....as if they are told to approve very little claims....un necessary hassle !

Ordered one, no email confirmation?? Does it take long for the email?

If I dont get the email then may not be able to claim cashback, is that right?

Ordered one, no email confirmation?? Does it take long for the email?

If I dont get the email then may not be able to claim cashback, is that right?

Correct, a bank statement with payment wouldn't suffice. Keep hounding them on the phone, that's your best bet, but they will just say wait on the email etc...

Have gone through the new website layout, it's an absolute shambles!

Correct, a bank statement with payment wouldn't suffice. Keep hounding them on the phone, that's your best bet, but they will just say wait on the email etc...

Have gone through the new website layout, it's an absolute shambles!

The new site is horrible to use.

Is there any chat or twitter option?

• Advertisement

The new site is horrible to use.

Is there any chat or twitter option?

Not a clue. I'd call up 1907, click whatever options you can and wait to be put onto an agent. They are available until 10pm.

Finally got approved for the cash-back.

So stupid. Literally used the same order email confirmation they had rejected, but I used Microsoft Paint to slap in the VAT amount & order date. and changed the words "Order confirmation" to "Order receipt".
    Approved within an hour. Total cringe.

Vodafone beyond useless (Phone, Facebook chat, Twitter etc). It seems no one in their CS teams has easy access to online order information.

Literally used the same order email confirmation they had rejected, but I used Microsoft Paint to slap in the VAT amount & order date. and changed the words "Order confirmation" to "Order receipt".

Great idea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Finally got approved for the cash-back.

So stupid. Literally used the same order email confirmation they had rejected, but I used Microsoft Paint to slap in the VAT amount & order date. and changed the words "Order confirmation" to "Order receipt".
    Approved within an hour. Total cringe.

Vodafone beyond useless (Phone, Facebook chat, Twitter etc). It seems no one in their CS teams has easy access to online order information.

I sent off a copy of the confirmation email and it was rejected, I then sent a picture of the invoice that came with the phone and got approval after a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

VF saying I need to add in verification code and cannot continue purchase without code to verify phone from different mobile network?
    Help
    TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

VF saying I need to add in verification code and cannot continue purchase without code to verify phone from different mobile network?
    Help
    TIA

They're sending you an SMS message with the verification code

long_b wrote: »
    They're sending you an SMS message with the verification code

I don't have a physical phone just an eir sim card or can use my vf phone number confused

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

I don't have a physical phone just an eir sim card or can use my vf phone number confused
    Can you put the Eir sim card into your phone.

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Can you put the Eir sim card into your phone.

Yes but my network locked so it an locked phone to vf unfortunately didn't think to get it unlocked in advance.
    So the next plan is to get it unlocked to any network when lock down over and hopefully deal still available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Yes but my network locked so it an locked phone to vf unfortunately

Looks like you need to borrow someones phone for 2 minutes, that is on Eir or unlocked (and sanitised)

Advertisement