Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

How long in general are people waiting for the cashback from Google?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

Gone up to 390e or 290 if you switch your number to vodafone.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/google/pixel-3a.html?gallery=payg

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

Weyhey wrote: »
    Gone up to 390e or 290 if you switch your number to vodafone.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/google/pixel-3a.html?gallery=payg

299e from google store at the moment: https://store.google.com/product/pixel_3a

Hi Guys , impulse purchase . amazingly fast phone , but realized its not my cup of tea , im used to big screens , so selling . Used 2 days or so and did full factory reset . So anyone interested please pm me Price 200 Euro including transparent silicone case and postage to your door or PM locker. Will include dispatch note if you will need to contact google in the warranty period in the next 2 years .

You got it for 129 euro and are trying to make a profit?

Tssk tssk, off to Adverts with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

bidiots wrote:
    How long in general are people waiting for the cashback from Google?

Mine took just over a week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

You got it for 129 euro and are trying to make a profit?

Tssk tssk, off to Adverts with you!

I got it for 179 Euro + 10 Euro for the case case Plus i will include postage (around 10-12 courier) , i didnt get it for 129 as i bought 2 initially one for the member of the family that i got the cashback already . so wanted to give me fellow bordies heads up before going to adverts as phone is brand new.

So this second phone of yours is still eligible for the cashback offer?

Edit: I mean in the sense that I don't understand why you didn't apply for the cashback offer for both phones at the time?

So this second phone of yours is still eligible for the cashback offer?

Edit: I mean in the sense that I don't understand why you didn't apply for the cashback offer for both phones at the time?

Because i bought them 10 days apart , I submitted one and got cashback . Didnt know that you can get two cashbacks . so the other one didn't qualify their second rule as i submitted late and they rejected stating .
    one of the rules didnt apply - "You are submitting your claim within 30 days of making your qualifying purchase"

Why would you not think you can get cashback on both phones? Seems very suspicious.

But anyway, you can't sell on Boards, only on Adverts. :)

Why would you not think you can get cashback on both phones? Seems very suspicious.

But anyway, you can't sell on Boards, only on Adverts. :)

Why would you think you can get many cashback , only if you have profit in your mind :)

and apparently you can only get two cashback not more

Mods: you can delete my post if its violation of any rules etc , i know people were asking here to get one from their fellow members , hence i posted .

• Advertisement

Anyone have a problem with this phone not charging? Tried reboot, changing chargers and cleaning charging port but no luck. :-(

bought 2 of these and a family member has one of them

weird fault came up on it - it stopped ringing on incoming calls

factory reset, other solutions etc didn't solve it.

dns was not on etc etc

from research it appears that it can be a problem with the 3a

got onto google web-chat help and they are going to replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

Weyhey wrote: »
    Anyone have a problem with this phone not charging? Tried reboot, changing chargers and cleaning charging port but no luck. :-(
    Mine's a bit temperamental. I though it was just the charging cable but it's happening with more than one charger??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I bought one at Christmas and stuck it in a drawer but reading all the faults posters here are finding I reckon I'd want to try it sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

I bought 2 and they're working perfectly

barneyrub wrote: »
    Mine's a bit temperamental. I though it was just the charging cable but it's happening with more than one charger??

Tried a few chargers which all worked fine on other half's phone. When I put in the first charger in it beeped like mad for about 30 secs. I got a 'no command' screen at one stage too. Eventually battery on phone died and I gave charging port a third pin clean and put the vacuum over it for a couple of seconds and about 30 mins later phone started charging. Yay.

No idea if this is just a glitch and if letting battery drain or the hoover worked but I am happy as I think it's a great phone and I am a fussy old sod.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

My pixel 3a was working great but I dropped it in work and the corner of the screen cracked. Can still use it but the cost of a screen repair seems to be nearly the same as the 130 I paid for it! My fault for not having a cover so get a cover folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

steves2 wrote: »
    My pixel 3a was working great but I dropped it in work and the corner of the screen cracked. Can still use it but the cost of a screen repair seems to be nearly the same as the 130 I paid for it! My fault for not having a cover so get a cover folks!

I did the same thing this morning.

€125 approx to fix it

Balls!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

barneyrub wrote: »

Yeah mine has been very tricky to charge too. Needs the original cable and to be put in just right.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭long_b

Does WIFI calling work on these ?
    Can't find it in the menus

• Advertisement

My husband got this phone and speakers stopped working after 2 months, obviously within guarantee but they will only replace it with a refurb as regular one out of stock.

Is this correct? It doesn't seem to be replacing like with like when you are getting a refurb model.

My husband got this phone and speakers stopped working after 2 months, obviously within guarantee but they will only replace it with a refurb as regular one out of stock.

Is this correct? It doesn't seem to be replacing like with like when you are getting a refurb model.

If they don't have any new ones, then they don't have many options. They could offer you a refund possibly, but that's not going to give you enough to replace it.

Best bet is to go directly through Google, I'd say.

This is through Google.
    I thought they'd offer. Ext model if 3A oos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

The charge port is starting to go a bit wonky on mine , I think I've had it about 5 months ,
    Shame ,cos I think it's a great wee yoke , nice and light, good camera ,just the right size ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

This is through Google.
    I thought they'd offer. Ext model if 3A oos.

What is an ext model?

Have you tried going to Vodafone? That's who you should be going to anyway, they're who sold it to you. They have it in stock as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭kindalen

Had to send back phone to Google, and got a refurb back. Looked to me to be brand new phone, only difference was its in a plain brown box. Any way to check in settings if it is new?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

My speaker went after two months.
    Contacted Google , given a ups label to ship to Poland.
    They recieved phone on a tuesday and refurbished phone shipped from uk that evening.

It's a refurbished phone , but a great system

Basil3 wrote: »
    What is an ext model?

Have you tried going to Vodafone? That's who you should be going to anyway, they're who sold it to you. They have it in stock as well.
    Apologies, was typing on phone, meant to say NEXT model.

How is it ok to replace with a refurb? That's not like for like. Going to go back to Vodafone now and hope for non-refurb, thanks.

Apologies, was typing on phone, meant to say NEXT model.

How is it ok to replace with a refurb? That's not like for like. Going to go back to Vodafone now and hope for non-refurb, thanks.

A refurb is like-for-like. For all intents and purposes, a refurb is a new phone, and it still carries the warranty.

Only on BA would someone buy a phone for a bargain, then want it replaced with an even better one :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

They do, that's how they do it if you need a replacement device, I got a refurb for my Pixel 4XL and it may aswell have been new, no difference at all to the one I had....

Advertisement