Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

I don't have a physical phone just an eir sim card or can use my vf phone number confused

Hi mylittlepony
    Did you get sorted? Can you borrow a phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Not a bargain alert message, more of an FYI, but Google just stopped selling the original Pixel 3 and 3XL amid release rumors of the 4A in the coming weeks.I can't see the price of the 3A going down much/at all, but just to let you know.

Nonetheless even if the 3A is €180 (no cashback anymore, just the €100 off from VF) it's still a brilliant deal and you have the years of updates with great software experience, excellent camera and a compact phone.

Have two of these clear case and glass protector at cost price if anyone would like, just let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

I see someone from this thread has bought two to sell on for 269 and 259 after getting it for 130. Not hard to guess who.

https://www.adverts.ie/nexus/google-pixel-3a-white-64gb-unlocked-new-sealed/20074942#comments

https://www.adverts.ie/nexus/google-pixel-3a-black-64gb-unlocked-new-sealed/20074922

These were apparently for them and their partner.

And a another person doing same selling for 235.

https://www.adverts.ie/other-mobiles/brand-new-sealed-pixel-3a-black-sim-free-w-receipt/20081594

Well done lads. Sticking to the spirit of bargain alerts. Not.

If people knew about the deal for 130 they would have got them then. That's not on anymore.
    Even at the moment, they are 280 on Vodafone (no port) or 329 on Google store so it's still under the RRP and rules of the forum.
    Happy for people to get them at the discounted rate as per all my comments and advice in previous pages.

Settle down, petal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

rizzee wrote: »
    If people knew about the deal for 130 they would have got them then. That's not on anymore.
    Even at the moment, they are 280 on Vodafone (no port) or 329 on Google store so it's still under the RRP and rules of the forum.
    Happy for people to get them at the discounted rate as per all my comments and advice in previous pages.

Settle down, petal.

it's still sharp practice, I would be mortified to know somebody doing this

• Advertisement

Each to their own!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

it's still sharp practice, I would be mortified to know somebody doing this

Yeah, it's absolutely scummy behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

rizzee wrote: »

Settle down, petal.

Clearly you missed the point. Its not about if its still under RRP.

How did you find out about the deal? Through this forum. Its scummy then if you go and take advantage of that to make a few bucks.

You have not offered any advice but gained advice in this forum by people answering some of your initial questions , if its unlocked or not etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

hi folks

Not to derail the thread - just wondering if this is still a deal worth getting or better to hold off a bit?

Bought one as a gift for 279 in VF shop ( didn’t realise there was a cheaper way) person I bought it for very happy ðŸ˜႒ btw.

I have an old IPhone- on its last legs - the continuous updates draining my storage - camera poor etc.

Just looking for a solid phone that would last me for at least 24 months?

Have heard rumours of new pixel coming shortly �

Any help appreciated- thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

thebullkf wrote: »
    hi folks

Not to derail the thread - just wondering if this is still a deal worth getting or better to hold off a bit?

Bought one as a gift for 279 in VF shop ( didn’t realise there was a cheaper way) person I bought it for very happy ðŸ˜႒ btw.

I have an old IPhone- on its last legs - the continuous updates draining my storage - camera poor etc.

Just looking for a solid phone that would last me for at least 24 months?

Have heard rumours of new pixel coming shortly �

Any help appreciated- thanks !

Its still worth every penny at 180 eur....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

Just did the cashback there, it was insanely easy. Took a picture of the invoice that came with the phone, plus a picture of the box, then put in my bank details. Cashback was confirmed by the time I put my phone back on the table so I'd say it took about 10 seconds after clicking submit lol.

Bargain of the century at €130, however I'm upgrading from a Pixel 2XL so it might not be much of an upgrade in reality (except my 2XL battery has gone to ****e). Rest assured if I flog it on in a few weeks I won't be charging more than cost-price

e: also got one for my mum for xmas (at €180) and she seems well happy with it so fair play to BA once again

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

gerard2210 wrote: »
    Hi mylittlepony
    Did you get sorted? Can you borrow a phone?

No and no.
    Hope to get my current phone unlocked when shops reopen.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭rks

rks wrote: »
    Ordered one, no email confirmation?? Does it take long for the email?

If I dont get the email then may not be able to claim cashback, is that right?

No mail, got them onto chat support.

They said my order is cancelled, no stock. Even though there's stock available today. :mad:

Wanted to give me sales guys number so that I can order again. I said first give me the refund then I will think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Hi guys

Looking to claim back the 50 euro on 2 phones
    so far ive sent google the emails orders, but they came back with, "As valid proof of purchase we can accept only a VAT receipt or an invoice. If you do not have those, please request them from the retailer by phone or online chat/email. The receipt or invoice must show the date, product and the retailer name/logo."

So sent them the dispatch notes that came with the phone, but alas, same response.

What can i send them that works?:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Hi guys

Looking to claim back the 50 euro on 2 phones
    so far ive sent google the emails orders, but they came back with, "As valid proof of purchase we can accept only a VAT receipt or an invoice. If you do not have those, please request them from the retailer by phone or online chat/email. The receipt or invoice must show the date, product and the retailer name/logo."

So sent them the dispatch notes that came with the phone, but alas, same response.

What can i send them that works?:confused::confused::confused:

Nothing else will work just call them and said Vodafone has told that despatch note is the invoice and is proof of purchase.

Cool, whats the number to call them would you know

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Cool, whats the number to call them would you know

If you have any problems or questions related to this promotion, our customer service team will be happy to help.

By Telephone: 016950668

Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm (excluding bank holidays). Calls will be charged at local call rates from landlines only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

How long did it take most people from their claim being approved to receiving the money to their accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

How long did it take most people from their claim being approved to receiving the money to their accounts?

Think mine was just over a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Ordered the phone on 1st April, and got an email to register for My Vodafone shortly afterwards. However, none of the registration codes / tokens seem to work, the payment is still pending from my bank and I've nothing (apart from an order number) to show I've ordered anything. Vodafone's support options look non-existent.

Am I better to hang tight and assume Vodafone will sort this out, or is there a way of confirming the order? There are pages of bad customer service on this thread, yet they're obviously under now pressure with Covid-19, so I'm not sure if it's worth hastling them. The black 3a looks like it's still in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Hang tight. It's frustrating but give it another 1-2 business days.

That order number starting with "00" is actually trackable on An Post as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Finally got approved for the cash-back.

So stupid. Literally used the same order email confirmation they had rejected, but I used Microsoft Paint to slap in the VAT amount & order date. and changed the words "Order confirmation" to "Order receipt".
    Approved within an hour. Total cringe.

Vodafone beyond useless (Phone, Facebook chat, Twitter etc). It seems no one in their CS teams has easy access to online order information.

What figures do you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

I got onto Vodafone and they emailed me a receipt, Google have accepted it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

PRICE (without VAT): 146.33 euro

VAT (23%): 33.66 euro

TOTAL PRICE (VAT included): 179.99 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Leo Demidov

Del007 wrote:

What channel did you use to contact Vodafone, I haven't tried yet but some on here were saying their chat was useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Is the Google Cashback offer still working?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Del007

What channel did you use to contact Vodafone, I haven't tried yet but some on here were saying their chat was useless.

Facebook messenger. If they don't reply then keep sending them every hour or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Del007 wrote: »

I imagine you can only submit the claim now but the order will need to have been placed last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

Looks like price back up to 390 now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

magnavox wrote: »
    Looks like price back up to 390 now..

Yeah. I dropped the one I got back in November yesterday and smashed the screen. I checked yesterday and could have picked up a replacement for 180 but today it’s up to 280 :(

Advertisement