Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 naglycd

niallk wrote: »
    Got the white screen on Friday.

Does the refund come through automatically eventually or do you need to contact them?

I got white screen twice and money was debited from my account... Few hours later got text (not email) with order number. I went to this web to check the status: https://www.vodafone.ie/df/assistance/track/index.jsp First attempt was cancelled and other went threw. I got a phone today but NO refund for cancelled order. I'm going to call them today. Anyone had the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Charlie wrote: »
    After getting white screened twice, one of which is still showing as ‘order processing’ (and I need VF to cancel and refund), I tried one last time over the weekend. No white screen, order email received, and as of this morning the order is showing on both VF’s and Fonua’s sites as due for dispatch.

Looks like it’s still possible to succeed with this, but an absolute roulette with the white screen issue.

Phone received today. Delighted I persevered, great Bargain alert!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

naglycd wrote: »
    I got white screen twice and money was debited from my account... Few hours later got text (not email) with order number. I went to this web to check the status: https://www.vodafone.ie/df/assistance/track/index.jsp First attempt was cancelled and other went threw. I got a phone today but NO refund for cancelled order. I'm going to call them today. Anyone had the same problem?

Yes. Pretty much same position as you, had a successful order ship but another white screened order stay stuck at processing. I just got on to VF web chat support this morning with the white screen order ref no. And requested they cancel it. They have cancelled the order and say my money will be refunded within 72hrs.

Would advise going through web chat. A much easier and quicker process than the labyrinth and often obnoxious VF IVR phone system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

corwill wrote: »
    Gah, the dreaded white screen! Is there any chance of the order going through, or should I resign myself to looking for a refund?

The payment is no longer pending on my credit card, they've taken the payment. I'm just hoping that if the porting of the SIM happens as scheduled this afternoon, maybe I'll get a confirmation email or text then?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I see the white one is out of stock now as well. Winner of they'll come back in before Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 naglycd

Charlie wrote: »
    Yes. Pretty much same position as you, had a successful order ship but another white screened order stay stuck at processing. I just got on to VF web chat support this morning with the white screen order ref no. And requested they cancel it. They have cancelled the order and say my money will be refunded within 72hrs.

Would advise going through web chat. A much easier and quicker process than the labyrinth and often obnoxious VF IVR phone system.

All sorted over the chat. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I see the white one is out of stock now as well. Winner of they'll come back in before Christmas.

Even if they do, it will be hard ordering one, many people had upto 6 failed attempts. With only 5 more working days left before Xmas I wouldnt depend on it.

corwill wrote: »
    The payment is no longer pending on my credit card, they've taken the payment. I'm just hoping that if the porting of the SIM happens as scheduled this afternoon, maybe I'll get a confirmation email or text then?

You will need to contact them for refund. Order status doesnt have anything to do with porting as you can select a date month away and still get the phone delivered in 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

Ordered another pixel 3a this morning
    used same card, same delivery address but used a 48.ie sim and different email address.
    No white screen, went straight to payment and took money, got confirmation email.

Hope it goes thru :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ha, back in stock. Ordered an eir sim last week but no sign yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭micks_address

Going to try one last order Friday.. whats the best chance of success? I have an eir sim and two 48 sims.. i will try the eir sim and new email and home address and see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭funnyname

Looking at phones on my computer it's available to order however when I look at it via my phone it's saying it's out of stock, I wonder is that the reason for the white screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Stupid question but can someone tell me if there's a mains charger in the box? I opened it a couple of weeks ago and only started using it in the last couple of days (have a new baby :mad:). I have the little adaptor, a USB A to C cable and earphones.

I'm just wondering if I misplaced the charger or it didn't come with one. Save me the pain of looking, if it didn't come with one.

Wheety wrote: »
    Stupid question but can someone tell me if there's a mains charger in the box? I opened it a couple of weeks ago and only started using it in the last couple of days (have a new baby :mad:). I have the little adaptor, a USB A to C cable and earphones.

I'm just wondering if I misplaced the charger or it didn't come with one. Save me the pain of looking, if it didn't come with one.

white 3 pin plug in the box

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

glasso wrote: »
    white 3 pin plug in the box

Cheers. Now just need to remember where I left it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

Anyone in the market for a spiegel 3a XL case?! Fekn ordered the wrong one:o

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

I think there might be an issue between buying via phone or on the pc. might explain the white screen.

donnyvegas wrote: »
    I think there might be an issue between buying via phone or on the pc. might explain the white screen.

Have got it on mobile and on pc.

Thankfully have managed to get a refund for both orders after contacting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

dan786 wrote: »
    Have got it on mobile and on pc.

Thankfully have managed to get a refund for both orders after contacting them.

How long did refund take? Mine's a week now, still no money back

zefer wrote: »
    How long did refund take? Mine's a week now, still no money back

Requested it Monday evening, was in my account yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭foxirl

Requested it Monday evening, was in my account yesterday.

Lucky you, I'm waiting 18 days on 3 errors. Useless company. Been with them 20 years and this is how we are treated

foxirl wrote: »
    Lucky you, I'm waiting 18 days on 3 errors. Useless company. Been with them 20 years and this is how we are treated

Did you contact them? I got onto their twitter on Monday, received a reply that evening saying they have contacted their orders team. Got a DM yesterday morning saying orders cancelled and refund will take 3-5 working days but was in the account later in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Did you contact them? I got onto their twitter on Monday, received a reply that evening saying they have contacted their orders team. Got a DM yesterday morning saying orders cancelled and refund will take 3-5 working days but was in the account later in the day.

I was on web chat with them and was told it was cancelled and would be refunded but still nothing. Will try Twitter

foxirl wrote: »

Emmmm....the offer is for new customers switching to Vodafone. Maybe that's why your order didn't go through?

Emmmm....the offer is for new customers switching to Vodafone. Maybe that's why your order didn't go through?

Doesnt matter. All you need is a sim from different operator, you can have 100 numbers with Vodafone already under your name, doesnt make a difference..

Doesnt matter. All you need is a sim from different operator, you can have 100 numbers with Vodafone already under your name, doesnt make a difference..

Yes I know. I done it twice and got two Pixels. But I didn't expect special treatment because I am also a long time customer. I didn't tell Vodafone that I was scamming them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Has anybody successfully placed an order with a 48 months sim? Placed an order, no white screen, got confirmation email, but then "We are unable to process your order at this time due to order criteria limitations" email the following day. Second order got a white screen. Waiting on an Eir sim at the moment, but haven't gotten it yet

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The 3A is the best phone I've ever had. Can't believe how good the battery life is on it compared to every other phone I had.

I bought a wireless QI charger thinking it was supported and found out no, then I got a plug in receiver but that sadly won't power it.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭foxirl

Who is to say I am not ordering for a family member switching to Vodaone but thanks so much for your very helpful post!!!

• Advertisement

Yes I know. I done it twice and got two Pixels. But I didn't expect special treatment because I am also a long time customer. I didn't tell Vodafone that I was scamming them.

You are not scamming anyone, its upto them to accept an order or not, I have 3 numbers with them for years and got 3 black Pixels from them also as new customer. Needed to replace one for a white one for Xmas but got white screens on both and was refunded.

No one is scamming anyone, they are getting their money regardless and are not making a loss at all. Even if a few customers actually switched even better for them. Wont make any difference to them even if they didnt get a single genuine switcher.

They are definitely getting them for next to nothing and making money on them otherwise they wouldnt have extended the offer from 2nd Dec to 2nd Jan.

Advertisement