Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

On a side note, anyone get a white one and double check if its unlocked? I know all black ones were.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

dan786 wrote: »
    You are not scamming anyone, its upto them to accept an order or not, I have 3 numbers with them for years and got 3 black Pixels from them also as new customer. Needed to replace one for a white one for Xmas but got white screens on both and was refunded.

No one is scamming anyone, they are getting their money regardless and are not making a loss at all. Even if a few customers actually switched even better for them. Wont make any difference to them even if they didnt get a single genuine switcher.

They are definitely getting them for next to nothing and making money on them otherwise they wouldnt have extended the offer from 2nd Dec to 2nd Jan.

I know, I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

28064212 wrote: »
    Has anybody successfully placed an order with a 48 months sim? Placed an order, no white screen, got confirmation email, but then "We are unable to process your order at this time due to order criteria limitations" email the following day. Second order got a white screen. Waiting on an Eir sim at the moment, but haven't gotten it yet

Yes, ordered one via 48.ie and got confirmation email, it got despatched the next day, due tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

dan786 wrote: »
    On a side note, anyone get a white one and double check if its unlocked? I know all black ones were.

In a rare case, google decided to lock only the white ones...

Na, all the Pixels are unlocked. Google does not allow carrier locking on its devices.

Paddy_man wrote: »
    In a rare case, google decided to lock only the white ones...

Na, all the Pixels are unlocked. Google does not allow carrier locking on its devices.

They do. There are plenty of Pixel 3As locked to T-Mobile and Verizon in the US, and my friend's one is locked to EE in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Yep, they even have a support page about unlocking a Pixel device: https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/7107188?hl=en-GB

The ones from Vodafone do seem to all be unlocked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

corwill wrote: »
    The payment is no longer pending on my credit card, they've taken the payment. I'm just hoping that if the porting of the SIM happens as scheduled this afternoon, maybe I'll get a confirmation email or text then?

Nice lad in Grafton St shop doing his best to sort out order, he's been passed between 6 different teams on the phone. Poor guy is wasted on this gang!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

When will I see the "white screen" other posters talking about? Bought today and order went thru' fine with confirmation email etc.

When might the problem crop up?

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

When will I see the "white screen" other posters talking about? Bought today and order went thru' fine with confirmation email etc.

When might the problem crop up?

It would have happened when you hit pay, you’re fine.
    Got through to support on Twitter today and they were very helpful in finding my “order” and starting process of refund for anyone else that got white screened.

What reason are they giving for the "white screen"?

My dh is looking for a few phone and I'm afraid now for him trying it from the same connection, might just get him to wait until mine is en route.

• Advertisement

What reason are they giving for the "white screen"?

My dh is looking for a few phone and I'm afraid now for him trying it from the same connection, might just get him to wait until mine is en route.

The lad I dealt with in Grafton Street branch must have spoken to at least 6 different teams, and none of them could explain it to him. One of them did tell it would be delivered on "the 25th", which led to a pretty choice exchange between the two.

At least I have an order reference now, for whatever good that will do me; "Your order is being processed"...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

White screened via a 48 and Eir sim. Web chat lad said that he can't cancel the orders so Twitter might be the best route for refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭micks_address

same re white screen, funds pending in my account...no email re order.. this is my 5th attempted order.. will it auto refund or do you have to contact them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

same re white screen, funds pending in my account...no email re order.. this is my 5th attempted order.. will it auto refund or do you have to contact them?

From the look of the last few pages we need to contact them. Livechat can give you the order number if you provide them with the email address you used.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,471 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Anyone any idea how to actually get an order through successfully? Currently sitting on 4 white-screened ones :rolleyes: Multiple different addresses, tried click and collect, different cards, 48 and eir SIMs

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

Mezcita wrote: »
    From the look of the last few pages we need to contact them. Livechat can give you the order number if you provide them with the email address you used.

If you can even get them on webchat that is! Im getting the following when I click on webchat:

Agents are offline
    Sorry, we have no agents available at the moment.
    Our opening hours are between 8am GMT and 10pm GMT, Monday to Sunday.

Mezcita wrote: »

do you have link to the livechat? i phoned customer service and they asked me for the porting number i wanted to port in and they couldnt find it.. they asked me to go into a store to sort it which i said no.. i want to speak to a manager.. so on hold... he said they can't track to my email address....

Just off the phone.. they said money will be refunded within 5 days... that there is no actual order on the system.. goodbye vodafone
    do you have link to the livechat? i phoned customer service and they asked me for the porting number i wanted to port in and they couldnt find it.. they asked me to go into a store to sort it which i said no.. i want to speak to a manager.. so on hold... he said they can't track to my email address....

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭chonix

28064212 wrote: »
    Anyone any idea how to actually get an order through successfully? Currently sitting on 4 white-screened ones :rolleyes: Multiple different addresses, tried click and collect, different cards, 48 and eir SIMs
    Just: don't buy the phone if you get white screened, that's my 2 cents. Lots of people had refund issues and stuff, and to be honest, if I get that from the start I won't keep going further. That means they don't care about the customer at all. Also by looking at the first 10 pages of the topic you begin to get the idea of whom you're dealing with. Even if it's for the phone, imagine if the device breaks.... and you have to go through them before going with Google (IF for any reason).
    You save money on the phone: yes, but are these headaches worth it?

It's your money, it's your time, and it's your patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

Useless!! Got on to livechat through the business support pages (appears on the right hand side when you scroll down).

"Can you try a different browser, clear the cache & cookies & try again" I have 5 incomplete orders now! More fool me! This is why I would never move to VF! They overcharge compared to the competition & then can't even provide a decent support service!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

curranbaz wrote: »
    Useless!! Got on to livechat through the business support pages (appears on the right hand side when you scroll down).

"Can you try a different browser, clear the cache & cookies & try again" I have 5 incomplete orders now! More fool me! This is why I would never move to VF! They overcharge compared to the competition & then can't even provide a decent support service!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Try contacting them through Twitter. And this is coming from someone who never uses it. I set an account up in 2012 to follow the election back then, and that was the last time I used it. Someone else here suggested it to contact Vodafone.

Sent them a message, and they replied about an hour later. They asked for the porting number, and email I used. I gave it to them, and they said they found the order and could see it didn't go through. So they offered me a refund. Can't complain tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭dubliniift

I have 3 weeks old P30 Lite. I bought it as Google was OOS at that time and order was cancelled. I bought at an old price.

It is the blue color. No issues. Any takers? I shall buy Google 3A after that.

Can I sell locked phone at CEX?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 naglycd

Whats the warranty period on pixel 3a?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

naglycd wrote: »
    Whats the warranty period on pixel 3a?

2 years is the European standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Got an eir SIM in an effort to get this one last time. White screen.
    Raging.

Out of stock now, wonder will they come back in before Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Is the 3a XL worth getting? I might just get that instead.
    The 3a was meant as a present for xmas so I think at this stage I'm pretty stuck!

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Is the 3a XL worth getting? I might just get that instead.
    The 3a was meant as a present for xmas so I think at this stage I'm pretty stuck!

It's a great phone, it's what I have. The 3A was supposed to be for the OH, not keen on size of the XL, but wanted the top class camera. Battery life on the XL is fantastic. It has plenty under the bonnet for a non-power-user like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Onto Vodafone again this morning and just want to reiterate what others have said.
    Vodafone support are absolutely useless!

The only suggestion they had was that I contact my bank. Can the bank request a refund from Vodafone?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Onto Vodafone again this morning and just want to reiterate what others have said.
    Vodafone support are absolutely useless!

The only suggestion they had was that I contact my bank. Can the bank request a refund from Vodafone?!?!

Honestly the worst customer service I have ever had to deal with. I was actually thinking about just staying with them after the port but having dealt with the CS during this I completely knocked that idea on the head.

Advertisement