Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭emy

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Can the bank request a refund from Vodafone?!?!
    No, you have to deal with Vodafone. I was in the same as you, I rung the bank and could do nothing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

emy wrote: »
    No, you have to deal with Vodafone. I was in the same as you, I rung the bank and could do nothing about it.

If you paid by credit card you can request a chargeback as they charged but did not fulfill the order.

I would imagine debit card is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,460 ✭✭✭micks_address

daheff wrote: »
    If you paid by credit card you can request a chargeback as they charged but did not fulfill the order.

So it looks like Vodafones pending charge on my account has posted as a transaction and they have 179.99 of mine. Someone mentioned Twitter as best way to get a refund?

So it looks like Vodafones pending charge on my account has posted as a transaction and they have 179.99 of mine. Someone mentioned Twitter as best way to get a refund?

Contacted via Twitter and they organising refund

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭emy

I paid by debit card, the bank told me that they can not do anything in terms of the refund....but instead of refund Vodafone sent me one more Pixel 3a, is still sealed in the box....i might put it on eBay, no use for me, i already have two of them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I paid by debit card, the bank told me that they can not do anything in terms of the refund....but instead of refund Vodafone sent me one more Pixel 3a, is still sealed in the box....i might put it on eBay, no use for me, i already have two of them...

If u wanna sell it on here, give us a shout. I'll take it off ur hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone on 3 network? My missus put her sim into the pixel 3a and got a text from 3 saying "sorry, cannot use internet or picture messaging automatically. Visit site 'sundering like three.ie/simsetup'.

But that link just describes making sure the phone is unlocked and ordering a new sim. Anyone else get anything similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone on 3 network? My missus put her sim into the pixel 3a and got a text from 3 saying "sorry, cannot use internet or picture messaging automatically. Visit site 'sundering like three.ie/simsetup'.

But that link just describes making sure the phone is unlocked and ordering a new sim. Anyone else get anything similar?

Surely some form of APN settings are required by the phone to get all that going and the text is just a warning type thing?

I know years ago when they were O2 you needed a message to get all the settings (I'm going back donkey years to Nokia time) up and running, maybe that is still the case?

Fieldog wrote: »
    Surely some form of APN settings are required by the phone to get all that going and the text is just a warning type thing?

I know years ago when they were O2 you needed a message to get all the settings (I'm going back donkey years to Nokia time) up and running, maybe that is still the case?

Ah cool, pity the link they send doesn't say that. Found the below settings so will try in the morning, thanks.

The settings are as follows:

Name: 3 Ireland

APN: 3ireland.ie

Proxy: not set

Port: not set

Username: not set

Password: not set

Server: http://mobile.3ireland.ie/bb/HutchKey/

MMSC: http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:/mmsc/

MMS Proxy: mms.3ireland.ie

MMS Port: 8799

MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0

MCC: 272

MNC: 05

APN Type: not set

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Ah cool, pity the link they send doesn't say that. Found the below settings so will try in the morning, thanks.

The settings are as follows:

Name: 3 Ireland

APN: 3ireland.ie

Proxy: not set

Port: not set

Username: not set

Password: not set

Server: http://mobile.3ireland.ie/bb/HutchKey/

MMSC: http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:/mmsc/

MMS Proxy: mms.3ireland.ie

MMS Port: 8799

MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0

MCC: 272

MNC: 05

APN Type: not set

Should get you going I would say, although years ago it just came from a text you received, a lot of the newer Sims just copy all that stuff over, might not be the case with the three one's...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭freebee23

If still available, I would be willing to buy this from you. Ended up getting a Samsung A50 for Xmas but had my heart set on the 3a. Going to give herself the Sammy and could definitely use the 3a. Based in Dublin but could travel and pay in cash if you are selling.
    Cheers,
    freebee23

Fieldog wrote: »
    Should get you going I would say, although years ago it just came from a text you received, a lot of the newer Sims just copy all that stuff over, might not be the case with the three one's...

Worked a treat :)

Another question, camera is in portrait mode and takes 2 pictures (1 with blurry effect, 1 without) can't seem to find how to just take one photo. Like if you go into another app like Viber, there are duplicates of each photo and it's hard to tell which one has the effect.

Is there a way to disable portrait mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

Worked a treat :)

Another question, camera is in portrait mode and takes 2 pictures (1 with blurry effect, 1 without) can't seem to find how to just take one photo. Like if you go into another app like Viber, there are duplicates of each photo and it's hard to tell which one has the effect.

Is there a way to disable portrait mode?
    I think this is a phone settings. When you drag down from top look for auto rotate. Make sure that's on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Can I get a quick vote of confidence/no confidence please.
    Leaving the purchasing aspect aside.
    Can you reply with your experience of owning the actual phone please.
    After a few weeks, would you recommend the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

biebiebie wrote: »

I would. Most midrange phones don't have a lot between them but the camera is amazing on this. Even in almost darkness, I have some great pics of the baby.

In general use the phone is fast and has plenty of storage for me. Double what my last phone (Moto G6) had.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭tomfoolery60

biebiebie wrote: »

No qualms in recommending - just make sure to get a cover as I find the phone very slippery in its natural state! I always get midrange phones and the camera is excellent. Phones quick, battery is good. No complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭gerrykiddy

If you managed to get one, or even two, intentionally or accidental then this is surely the bargain of Christmas 2019.

Now on special offer at only £350 in Currys UK/Argos UK and Google direct.

And if you didn't manage to get one here then really you probably know why.

Thanks to the Poster. You should be awarded Entertainer of the Year.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

gerrykiddy wrote: »
    And if you didn't manage to get one here then really you probably know why.

I don't know; enlighten me?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

No qualms in recommending - just make sure to get a cover as I find the phone very slippery in its natural state! I always get midrange phones and the camera is excellent. Phones quick, battery is good. No complaints.

Yeah, I got the Spigen Rugged cover, delivered via Parcel Motel as they don't deliver to Ireland for some reason. Perfect fit and feels good in the hand without adding much bulk.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MJ7V552/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wheety wrote: »
    Yeah, I got the Spigen Rugged cover, delivered via Parcel Motel as they don't deliver to Ireland for some reason. Perfect fit and feels good in the hand without adding much bulk.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MJ7V552/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Can you recommend a tempered glass screen protector? Bought one off an Irish mobile site, it never stuck to the glass properly, not sure if just a crappy one.

• Advertisement

I think this is a phone settings. When you drag down from top look for auto rotate. Make sure that's on

Yeah thanks, managed to switch off portrait mode but just wish you could choose for it to take just 1 photo instead of 2 in that mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Weird that the Black 3A I bought for myself came with headphones but the white one I gave as a gift didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I'm looking for one but out of stock if you near me in Dublin.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Weird that the Black 3A I bought for myself came with headphones but the white one I gave as a gift didn't.

Ha, logged in to check if anyone else got earphones with theirs since they weren't mentioned anywhere. I got a black for myself with no earphones and then a black and a white as gifts and the black one had a set of earphones included, nothing in the white one.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Affluenza

Ha, logged in to check if anyone else got earphones with theirs since they weren't mentioned anywhere. I got a black for myself with no earphones and then a black and a white as gifts and the black one had a set of earphones included, nothing in the white one.

Australia and France are the only countries that should include earphones so might have been a mix-up. My black one came without earphones.

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/7158537?hl=en

Vodafone back to me on twitter today saying I won't be refunded as they can't see my order.. I posted them a screenshot of my bank statement showing charge. I sent them screen shot of the porting text I got from them as well. They are saying no proof of order so can't refund...I gave them number I tried to port to and email address for order etc..what are next steps? Was visa debit card I used for order

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Get on to your bank and ask them to do a charge back

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Get on to your bank and ask them to do a charge back

Thanks I guess that's the only option. I'll.give Vodafone till tomorrow. They doing some more looking into it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

The feckers have 3 of my orders. 1 from AIB and 2 from Revolut so they better refund me!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Tango One

The_B_Man wrote: »
    The feckers have 3 of my orders. 1 from AIB and 2 from Revolut so they better refund me!!!

I got my one out of the two failed attempts refunded. I contact them again today and they said they would get back to me within 24 hours

Advertisement