Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

Ordered two - using same revolut number, using same Eir simcard, using same delivery address.

Both delivered.

Thanks OP.

donnyvegas wrote: »
    Ordered two - using same revolut number, using same Eir simcard, using same delivery address.

Both delivered.

Thanks OP.

not sure what the hell the criteria is then!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Tango One

Tried again, money debited from Revolut immediately. No email received, and site went blank. Customer Care stating they can't find my order and that I'll have to chargeback from bank. Not good.

Yes I just had the same thing happen to me twice with two different card porting from eir

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Tried again, money debited from Revolut immediately. No email received, and site went blank. Customer Care stating they can't find my order and that I'll have to chargeback from bank. Not good.

Same here. Money is pending in my bank. Screen went white after ordering. No confirmation email. Raging.

Did they tell you to just try again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

For anyone that got blank screen, there is a way to find your order if you have ever bought from Vodafone before using same email address.

• Advertisement

HI Dan I never got an order number to try using your method for checking the status. Any other suggestion or do I just wait for the money to be refunded

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Tango One wrote: »
    HI Dan I never got an order number to try using your method for checking the status. Any other suggestion or do I just wait for the money to be refunded

Have you ever purchased a phone from Vf using same email address? If yes you can use that old order number to track on Vf site and it will show all orders made with the email address even the ones that got blank screen.

dan786 wrote: »
    Have you ever purchased a phone from Vf using same email address? If yes you can use that old order number to track on Vf site and it will show all orders made with the email address even the ones that got blank screen.
    I might have years ago but unlikely to know any old order number
    Edit found an order from 2015 and 2010 but throwing up an error message.

Has anyone got the blank screen and still received the phone?

dan786 wrote: »
    For anyone that got blank screen, there is a way to find your order if you have ever bought from Vodafone before using same email address.

I got my first order cancelled (tesco sim) and got an order number with that. Just tried it and now I can see my other orders. Thanks!

I actually tried it twice after that. One with an eir sim, which gave me the white screen, and just now again with the tesco sim (also white screen), after reading the above post about the chargeback. Now the orders page shows my first order unsuccessful, the 2nd order says "Your order is being processed." and the one I just tried there says "Your payment is being processed." All 3 used the same name and address so we'll see what happens...

EDIT: My 2nd attempt at using the Tesco SIM was unsuccessful. Its just been cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

daheff wrote: »
    Whatsapp, Yahoo, gmail, Facebook....pretty much anything that asks for a number in any way shape or form

I hadn't that issue and signed into all the above.

Have you autosaved the number on your Google account so it automatically populates. Surely that can be changed or removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Google pixel 3a is the Smartphone of the year 2019-Android Police

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/12/09/2019-smartphone-of-the-year-award-pixel3a/

This thread is busy for a reason !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

For those who had an order cancelled and were later successful in placing an order, what changed for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Got white screened as well :l

Anyone get white screened and end up getting some sort of email or confirmation in the subsequent days?

Edit: Now received my email (with order number) confirming that my order was cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Charlie wrote: »
    Got white screened as well :l

Anyone get white screened and end up getting some sort of email or confirmation in the subsequent days?

Edit: Now received my email (with order number) confirming that my order was cancelled.

How long did it take to receive an email from them? I ordered, got white screened but url had thankyou in it but havent received any email at all..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Same. Around 30+ hours ago now.

My missus just got her 500 (double order) back.
    Took just over 4 weeks.
    no communication from VF

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

zefer wrote: »
    How long did it take to receive an email from them? I ordered, got white screened but url had thankyou in it but havent received any email at all..?

Probably only a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

My missus just got her 500 (double order) back.
    Took just over 4 weeks.
    no communication from VF

Jesus that's bad.

Same. Around 30+ hours ago now.

So, you got no mail at all from them since your order? Has payment gone through on your bank or is it still pending?

Money was debited immediately, with no confirmation email and a blank page. I was going to blame my Chrome extensions, but there were none active at the time except for a password manager (but this would have no effect).

Very poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 bargainboy

For those who had an order cancelled and were later successful in placing an order, what changed for you?
    i had six failed attempts seventh was successful first four attempts were the (credit card failure )then the( criteria )problem the only thing i did different was use a number other than the porting number as my contact number and made sure to use the porting sim (eir) prior eg, made a few calls and texts that's about it hope it helps .

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭foxirl

bargainboy wrote: »
    i had six failed attempts seventh was successful first four attempts were the (credit card failure )then the( criteria )problem the only thing i did different was use a number other than the porting number as my contact number and made sure to use the porting sim (eir) prior eg, made a few calls and texts that's about it hope it helps .

What is the differences between the credit card failure and the criteria one. Also was it the same sun on the 7th as for the 6 failed ones. Thanks

Money was debited immediately, with no confirmation email and a blank page. I was going to blame my Chrome extensions, but there were none active at the time except for a password manager (but this would have no effect).

Very poor.

Have you rang Vodafone? Or what’s your plan?

edit: tried calling vodafone there, sales told me they couldn't help and said I'll transfer you to customer care. I got an automated machine asking for mobile number which then hung up after 3 tries!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bargainboy

foxirl wrote: »
    What is the differences between the credit card failure and the criteria one. Also was it the same sun on the 7th as for the 6 failed ones. Thanks
    the credit card failure was blaming my credit card company that was the first four attempts i believe the( criteria limitations)was the last two failed attempts nobody knows what that was all about not even vodaphone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Can this be got in store? As in walk in assk for phone and the discount for porting over?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Can this be got in store? As in walk in assk for phone and the discount for porting over?

The Pixel 3a deal is online-only according to previous posts. There is a lesser discount in store apparently but most of them have no stock.

zefer wrote: »
    Have you rang Vodafone? Or what’s your plan?

After kicking up on the phone I later received an email saying my order was cancelled and that I'll be refunded.

I think I'm giving up on this offer now.

I've had an order sitting on "Your order is being processed" since Sunday.
    Fonua link says "Order Status: NOT FOUND".

Should I be hopeful here, or whats the craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

I wouldnt think so.
    Ordered mine monday morning and it got delivered this morning.
    The order would show on the fonua site as being despatched

• Advertisement

After kicking up on the phone I later received an email saying my order was cancelled and that I'll be refunded.

I think I'm giving up on this offer now.

Jokers, what number you ring? I got hung up on earlier!

Advertisement