Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Bought this case in grey. Looks excellent and protects well.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07RT87BMV/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_dHS6DbNPQSPVW

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

commited wrote: »
    Are you using the number that began with "o" or the number in the order tracking window?

it arrived today, still hasn't been updated on their system and never ported my number :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Mine says "Due for dispatch". Fired an email off to Fonua to see if that speeds things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Mine says "Due for dispatch". Fired an email off to Fonua to see if that speeds things up.

Did you click the an post tracking link? Will take 24hours to work

Finally got the 3a yesterday. Haven't had a chance to play with it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

Anybody figured a way to take the burner number off it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Shpongler

The camera on this thing is amazing, just wow! For the money paid. Best bargain ever!

Yamanoto wrote: »
    They're unlocked

Also looking for a recommendation for nice case or skin

I got this - the colour works well with the black and it is above the bezel on the front so will protect in a fall on a level surface.

it's silicone type material but tougher than the free sort of ones that you get with some phones.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07M8NRBH4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

daheff wrote: »

what?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

Come again?

The sim you got to use as the port is not anyway attached to the phone.

Just put in your own sim card.

The phones comes fully unlocked and not anyway related to Vodafone or the "burner" sim card you used.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Ordered Friday, checked Fonua and have an An Post tracking number this morning. Probably arrive today or tomorrow. Nice one boardsies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Got a 48months sim on Fri since Eir don’t appear to be sending out any. Activated the sim and ordered one Sat morning to have the order cancelled by Vodafone later that night. Tried again Sun morning to have the order cancelled again by Vodafone late last night. Both amounts still showing as pending on credit card and email cancellation states it was cancelled “due to order criteria limitations”. Are Vodafone likely to be blocking porting from 48months now with the view of removing them from the drop down list of eligible suppliers similar to the fate of Tesco.
    I’ll try ordering again this evening if still in stock using a different credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I've had the same experience 3 times now. I have kind of given up.

Changed emails, different cards, delivery, click and collect- the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

I've had the same experience 3 times now. I have kind of given up.

Changed emails, different cards, delivery, click and collect- the lot.

What sim card did you try - I think only Eir, Three (and possibly Postfone work)?. Tesco, Lyca (and now maybe 48) no longer seem to.

Eir sims can be got in store, I think you have to buy credit but you don't have to use the credit or register the sim.
    I wasn't lucky until the 5th go when I switched from a Tesco to an eir sim card and different billing address.

I would have been happy to try vodafone payg but with all this messing around from them I am reluctant. Their customer service has been non existent.

shmeee wrote: »
    Come again?

The sim you got to use as the port is not anyway attached to the phone.

Just put in your own sim card.

The phones comes fully unlocked and not anyway related to Vodafone or the "burner" sim card you used.

if you look in the About Phone section of the settings you can see a number there. As I used a burner sim I have that number in this section. it keeps trying to use that number for apps. I can't figure out how to take it off or replace it and neither can google!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

White is in stock now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

if you look in the About Phone section of the settings you can see a number there. As I used a burner sim I have that number in this section. it keeps trying to use that number for apps. I can't figure out how to take it off or replace it and neither can google!!!

I believe that number comes from the SIM you have in the phone. It's nothing to do with the SIM provided with the phone (unless that is the SIM you are using).

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

can't pay for the phone, tried mobile and desktop browser. I'm getting this error at the top for both on the payment page:
    cis_errors += "Error Retrieving Content - Not Found BAU007942\n" " /> cis_errors += "Error Retrieving Content - Not Found BAU007943\n" " />

EDIT:
    It might have been a problem with my card, I used it previously to get one for myself when it was 250. I used my Revolut just now and it worked.

The number I have in that section is not the "burner" number.

It is the number which came with my GoMO sim that I then ported my Eir number too. This is the number locked on the sim.

In my last phone, you could click and change this number. Can't seem to here. But it is not effecting when I sign up for apps.

You sure this is the burner number and not the number on your Sim Card before you ported your number to it? Did you insert your burner sim into the phone first? And set it up with that sim and have since used your own sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭captainneutron

that was the same for me earlier, i tried there too and it seem to have gone thru, got an order number and says payment is processing, hopefully it goes thru

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

that was the same for me earlier, i tried there too and it seem to have gone thru, got an order number and says payment is processing, hopefully it goes thru

What sim was that with. I got an order number and payment is processing notification when porting from 48months but about 9hrs later order cancelled by Vodafone.
    Anyone know why Eir aren't sending sims when ordering online despite email confirming it's on the way?

• Advertisement

What sim was that with. I got an order number and payment is processing notification when porting from 48months but about 9hrs later order cancelled by Vodafone.
    Anyone know why Eir aren't sending sims when ordering online despite email confirming it's on the way?

eir sim, ordered 48.ie and eir sim same time and both arrived today. used eir sim and went thru after a few goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭bren4q

I registered a new SIM from 48 Months on Friday, put credit on it and used a bit. Placed order for white 3a to port number from 48, for delivery to home. Order was cancelled on Saturday morning.

Ordered black 3a on Saturday with different email address, for click and collect. Opted to port my main Tesco SIM which I've used for years. Since Tesco isn't listed I selected 48.
    Order status started as 'Your payment is being processed'.
    Next day it was 'Your order is due for despatch'.
    Today it is 'Your order is being processed'. No idea if this is further than my first attempt or not, and if it could still end up being cancelled.

Side note: looks like black is out of stock and only white is available.

Side note 2: looks like Tesco is back on the list of selectable networks to switch from. ffs.

The number I have in that section is not the "burner" number.

It is the number which came with my GoMO sim that I then ported my Eir number too. This is the number locked on the sim.

In my last phone, you could click and change this number. Can't seem to here. But it is not effecting when I sign up for apps.

You sure this is the burner number and not the number on your Sim Card before you ported your number to it? Did you insert your burner sim into the phone first? And set it up with that sim and have since used your own sim.

actually...thats what is on the phone. the GoMo number. I ported my number to GoMo, never used that dummy number, so strange that its used. I guess this number is then hard coded onto the sim card?

Never used the burner sim in the phone.

actually...thats what is on the phone. the GoMo number. I ported my number to GoMo, never used that dummy number, so strange that its used. I guess this number is then hard coded onto the sim card?

I get you know.

I had the same thing on my last few android phones, but I could select to change the number. Can't seem to be done on the Pixel. Even google isn't giving many working answers.

What app's are pulling that number out of interest?

ordered this morning using eir sim, order had changed to your order is due to dispatch

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

You could try ordering a replacement SIM from GoMo, which should then come with your own number on it, but, as it's GoMo, that could be risky! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

If you have an iPhone you can change that number, maybe an app with Android

If you have an iPhone you can change that number, maybe an app with Android

I have a pixel............

I get you know.

I had the same thing on my last few android phones, but I could select to change the number. Can't seem to be done on the Pixel. Even google isn't giving many working answers.

What app's are pulling that number out of interest?

Whatsapp, Yahoo, gmail, Facebook....pretty much anything that asks for a number in any way shape or form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Tried again, money debited from Revolut immediately. No email received, and site went blank. Customer Care stating they can't find my order and that I'll have to chargeback from bank. Not good.

Advertisement