Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

I have order status: "Despatched" (sic). I ordered to a vodafone store so is there a good chance it's there now? Do I just go in and give them my order number?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

commited wrote: »
    I have order status: "Despatched" (sic). I ordered to a vodafone store so is there a good chance it's there now? Do I just go in and give them my order number?
    check the post above yours by dan. once delivered anpost will reflect the same. you'll get a call from the shop once they receive it. make sure to bring id and proof of address. they'll also ask you for the number you ported.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

dan786 wrote: »
    Posting this again so people can track it properly. Once your order changes from your payment is being processed to anything else, ie Order being processed, due for dispatch, dispatched, you can use the method below to track it from there on as it is more accurate than Vodafone site.

You will need to get the secondary order number from Vodafone tracking page using the order number starting with "o" and your email.

Here: https://www.vodafone.ie/df/assistance/track/Track.shtml

You will see an other order number there, its 8 digit number.

Then go here:

http://www.fonua.com/orderstatus/default.asp

Put in the above order number and it will bring up full details including link to tracking with An Post if its been dispatched. If the order is accepted and processed it will show as "Packing".

My orders were shown as still simply being processed. Only by following this do I see that they have been despatched to the actual shop so I can pick them up.
    No notification otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭914

Anyone want to entertain a silly question about porting.

I am currently on 3, so lets say I order an eir sim. Get the phone for 179 and my eir number is ported over.

Is it just a case that I can then stick in my three sim without needing to do anything and I have a pixel 3a while still being on 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Yep. Pixel phones should be unlocked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

commited wrote: »

Unless you're a Yank, 'despatched' is the correct spelling! :D

First order was cancelled after some hours, but the second one (a day later) went through payment processing and then general processing, only to be cancelled late last night.

I cannot understand as to why this is happening. This is terribly frustrating. Is it worth even trying again, as the money is debited and you're waiting around two days to get it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

First order was cancelled after some hours, but the second one (a day later) went through payment processing and then general processing, only to be cancelled late last night.

I cannot understand as to why this is happening. This is terribly frustrating. Is it worth even trying again, as the money is debited and you're waiting around two days to get it back?

Ok so once you have an order cancelled twice you need to start from scratch.

New email address
    New delivery address
    New Name

you can use the same number. you are the 5th person in this thread to have the same issue, and the other 4 has issue fixed with the above.

Many thanks for that. I'll continue to try Click and Collect maybe.
    I'm genuinely moving to Vodafone from my service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Many thanks for that. I'll continue to try Click and Collect maybe.

IF doing click and collect, I suggest at least a new email address and payment card that you havent tried to use before.

• Advertisement

Vodafone must be losing money on this big time on the orders that are getting through.

Very few/ anyone has any intention of moving to their pay as you go service.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 BoxingFan009

glasso wrote: »
    Vodafone must be losing money on this big time on the orders that are getting through.

After the god-awful display of ordering and customer service. Hell no!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭X111111111111

Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭dubliniift

What if they had a deal at 130e. Still 20e. No one loose money in business. They always have conversion numbers in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BakeMeACake

It's the best phone by a country mile I have possessed and I have paid more for phones in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

I ordered one last Saturday, it still says order being processed.

when I follow the fonua link it says order number not found.

they were quick enough to take my money but have heard nothing since.

should I cancel and reorder?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Jambonjunior

If you port your number to vodafone, could you port it straight back?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Poolboy19

Go to Fonua.com, contact section and email them your 8 digit order number and let them know your order is in limbo. I did this last night and today it eventually dispatched, dont know if it is coincidence or if it had an effect. I didnt recieve a responce to the email but it may have worked.

It's the best phone by a country mile I have possessed and I have paid more for phones in the past.

179 isn't a lot for a phone tbh and it's normally nearer 400 euro until recently.

it's great value for 179 but the battery life is not exactly impressive.

Cancelled again. That's the third attempt. They're really cracking down by the look of things. I'll try once more with a different card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

patrickc wrote: »
    I ordered one last Saturday, it still says order being processed.

when I follow the fonua link it says order number not found.

they were quick enough to take my money but have heard nothing since.

should I cancel and reorder?

Are you using the number that began with "o" or the number in the order tracking window?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Markcheese wrote: »
    Mine just arrived in the post, ordered it Monday night, haven't turned it on yet... Ported onto an eir sim..

Markcheese - can you (or anyone else) confirm if eir's WiFi calling works on this phone? You will need to be on any normal Eir Bill-pay plan for it to work (not pre-pay or Go-Mo). Samsung phones require the Eir firmware to be flashed in - but Google Pixel should work with the stock version. You will probably need to go into the Phone settings menu to turn on WiFi Calling. Once it is turned on, you should get a WiFi calling icon on the toolbar when you are in good WiFi coverage. The icon is usually a phone receiver with a WiFi symbol beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Ordered today, 279 minus 100 for their Cyber Monday offering... Let's see if I get it or not

So just to update all you lovely people, bought on Monday for delivery to store, got a call on Wednesday to say the store had received my order, collected it yesterday (Thursday)

I looked for my actual eir number to be ported today (Friday) but as of 12pm nothing has happened on that front... I can't remember exactly what time I set the request to take place and my Vodafone account doesn't seem to be set up yet so I've no way of checking

Anybody who ordered and received can ye recommend a case?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Are these unlocked?

Or has anyone had luck unlocking one?

I ordered on ebay for P30 Lite unlock code at 26e. Phone developed a line and was replaced yesterday.

Can I cancel order on ebay and get a refund. Requested seller to adjust the IMEI - No confirmation received yet.

Can I cancel an unlock request and get money back? Ye to get unlock code

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Are these unlocked?

Or has anyone had luck unlocking one?

They're unlocked

Also looking for a recommendation for nice case or skin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

dubliniift wrote: »
    I ordered on ebay for P30 Lite unlock code at 26e. Phone developed a line and was replaced yesterday.

Can I cancel order on ebay and get a refund. Requested seller to adjust the IMEI - No confirmation received yet.

Can I cancel an unlock request and get money back? Ye to get unlock code

Which seller did you use?

Which seller did you use?

master.of.unlocking....he just end me code for old phone :-((

Is there a shop in Dublin which unlocks?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bargainboy

Yamanoto wrote: »
    They're unlocked

the spigen rugged or tough armor from amazon give the best price of case to phone ratio imo but you need to use a third party delivery method ie parcel motel etc as they dont deliver Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭xl500

Yamanoto wrote: »
    They're unlocked

I got the phone last monday for 179 bought this case find it grand

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MJ7V552/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Advertisement