Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pixel 3a €249 on Vodafone (In Stock!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Im going to get this but can I make payment in store as I have a Me2You give voucher that I would like to use.

I admire your confidence! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Weyhey

And cancelled again. 4th time unlucky.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Weyhey wrote: »

There actually is no deal. This is all just an elaborate prank on you. We're all in on it including Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭millie12345

Anyone return an online order instore successfully? I was told on chat yesterday I could return instore but I had messaged them on Facebook before this and they have eventually replied just now to say I have to post it back. Who is right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

dan786 wrote: »
    You need to get the secondary order number from Vodafone tracking page using the order number starting with "o" and your email.

Where it says your order is dispatched you will see an other order number there, its 8 digit number.

Then go here:

http://www.fonua.com/orderstatus/default.asp

Put in the above order number and it will bring up full details including link to tracking with An Post.

Also for those who have theirs at due for dispatch can also be tracked here. They will say "packing" so once you get to that stage you are good.

Took me a while to find this post from dan786. Very useful info on how to track the phone shipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

So you cant order on the same details.

Try again with diff name, address, and email address.

Once you are blocked as Fraud on their system it will auto cancel again.

There actually is no deal. This is all just an elaborate prank on you. We're all in on it including Vodafone.

Ah unlike some others thanks for at least refunding my money promptly :-)

flexcon wrote: »
    So you cant order on the same details.

Try again with diff name, address, and email address.

Once you are blocked as Fraud on their system it will auto cancel.

I only have one billing address but tried different delivery addresses? Also only have one sim to port from? Name i assume has to match payment card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

I only have one billing address but tried different delivery addresses? Also only have one sim to port from? Name i assume has to match payment card?

Not necessarily no.

Change billing address somewhere else - card companies dont need this to match the card.
    New email address
    New name,

same sim card to port is fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

It's only when you open the permissions manager do you realise just how many apps request location access all the time instead of when in use. It's ridiculous.

After seeing this I said I'd have a look, the amount of apps I had given permissions for things that are irrelevant to them working was ridiculous

billing and delivery address (or name) does not have match the billing address or name of the card that you pay with.

I can verify this as went through on an order that was successful for me.

I would definitely change up as many details as possible email, name, address etc from your failed orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Mine arrived today. Cheers OP. Got it for €179. Only ordered on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Thanks OP

Ordered early yesterday & phone arrived today. Sorry to see quite a few others have found the whole process considerably less straightforward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Would be great to understand how they are choosing what ports are ok. We went in store and picked up a p30 lite and ported no problem from Tesco. Bit of a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭dubliniift

commited wrote: »
    Would be great to understand how they are choosing what ports are ok. We went in store and picked up a p30 lite and ported no problem from Tesco. Bit of a joke!

Tesco Is no more listed for porting options seriously? No wonder they cancelled my Sunday Order. I had ported with Tesco option. Now they removed Tesco.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

This offer is due to run until January 2nd.

Christmas Switching Offer Online

€100 off the Google Pixel 3A when you switch to Vodafone Pay as you go

1. New customers porting their mobile number to the Vodafone Pay as You Go network from another network provider between 15th November 2019 and 2nd January online will be eligible for €100 off the Google Pixel 3A.

2. Offer available on Vodafone.ie only.

3. This offer excludes existing Vodafone customers moving from Vodafone Bill Pay to Vodafone Pay as You Go.

4. This offer is subject to change and the offer is subject to stock availability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

They left out number 5. We reserve the right to randomly cancel orders based on our random number generator

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭emy

I really want to switch to Vodafone, but it seems that the eir is rejecting porting, both sim cards were rejected. Vodafone customer rang me advising to ring up the eir to have the porting done by them.
    What is happening now if the switch to Vodafone is not done? We have to send them back to Vodafone? They are going to chase us?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Quackster wrote: »
    This offer is due to run until January 2nd.

Christmas Switching Offer Online

€100 off the Google Pixel 3A when you switch to Vodafone Pay as you go

1. New customers porting their mobile number to the Vodafone Pay as You Go network from another network provider between 15th November 2019 and 2nd January online will be eligible for €100 off the Google Pixel 3A.

2. Offer available on Vodafone.ie only.

3. This offer excludes existing Vodafone customers moving from Vodafone Bill Pay to Vodafone Pay as You Go.

4. This offer is subject to change and the offer is subject to stock availability.

Nice, may actually get one as a present for an existing Vodafone customer yet if Eir ever send out a SIM card. Ordered another one yesterday as they never sent out the previous one I ordered.
    I'd bet the Adverts sellers with multiple handsets available are loving the above news. No harm and could deem it similar to ticket scalpers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Nice, may actually get one as a present for an existing Vodafone customer yet if Eir ever send out a SIM card. Ordered another one yesterday as they never sent out the previous one I ordered.
    I'd bet the Adverts sellers with multiple handsets available are loving the above news. No harm and could deem it similar to ticket scalpers.

I'd recommend ordering 48 SIMs. Get a few so you'll have one to hand the next time an offer like this comes up. That's what I did (used an unactivated 48 SIM I had lying around to get the P30 lite).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Got this earlier:
    We are unable to process your order at this time due to order criteria limitations. All charges have been refunded to your credit card.

Raging.

I wonder would I get away with it in-store?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

Only a €40 discount in store!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

OK fair enough.

I suppose I was using a Tesco SIM. I just ordered a 48 SIM now, so I'll try again in a day or two.

5th time....... lucky!!!! yay!!! Well possibly lucky. Fonua says 'despatched' and vodafone says 'due for dispatch'.

This time I used an eir sim instead of tesco and changed my email and billing address. Thank you to op and everyone else for their help and advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

I have phone since monday, port was to go thru yesterday from GoMo. No service since yesterday and still waiting for it to activate sim says not active for voice. Wondering who is at fault for not porting, was on to GoMo and they don't have anything on system yesterday shop said port in progress and they can't see more.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭theintern

Ordered yesterday with a brand new Eir sim, dispatched the same day and according the the tracking number I got from Fonua, will get it today. No issues here thankfully, a great deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Mine just arrived in the post, ordered it Monday night, haven't turned it on yet... Ported onto an eir sim..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

bit of an aside - anyone manage to move all their data from ios to the pixel? managed to move some except whatsapp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Posting this again so people can track it properly. Once your order changes from your payment is being processed to anything else, ie Order being processed, due for dispatch, dispatched, you can use the method below to track it from there on as it is more accurate than Vodafone site.

You will need to get the secondary order number from Vodafone tracking page using the order number starting with "o" and your email.

Here: https://www.vodafone.ie/df/assistance/track/Track.shtml

You will see an other order number there, its 8 digit number.

Then go here:

http://www.fonua.com/orderstatus/default.asp

Put in the above order number and it will bring up full details including link to tracking with An Post if its been dispatched. If the order is accepted and processed it will show as "Packing".

Advertisement