Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Ariya

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Corporatemarky

Dealer will know if it’s arrived in D Port, as should the distributor, so if something in transit, a check in every 2 weeks maybe..

Well, the Weser Highway is on the way here again from Zeebrugge, 2nd trip in 6 days, so there will be some happy car buying people very soon !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Not just stopped order taking, which would make sense if they were under pressure, but actively cancelling already-ordered vehicles.....because production capacity was being diverted to other markets.

1m new cars in UK in 9 months to end Sept !

Freedom Ace has headed off to Egypt now, Weser Highway out of Zeebrugge is landing here at 3 today…so if my car ‘was’ on the Freedom Ace, it (and many others) ought to be by rights on the Weser Highway (or parked in Zeebrugge) 🤞🤞🤞

• Advertisement

Garage confirmed that my Ariya eagle has landed, ship monitoring (and the Zeebrugge hint) worked ! Should be in the garage to hold for 231 reg in the next few days, the guy will let me know when it arrives and I can go down to see it (and take it out for a ‘still garage owned’ spin…very happy bunny 😎😎

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Keoin18

Found this thread last night, also been waiting since May for my Ariya order!

Congrats that your was on the ship, some great sleuthing to figure it out on this board!

Did you @Corporatemarky contact the garage or did they let you know? to date my dealer has been...slow with information etc so wondering if I need to get onto him

Family accused me of being a pest (true). I struck up a rapport with the guy (laughed when I called to the garage every week or so for 6 weeks. He found a non-customer allocated one buried in the system that was due here 2 months forward, and leant on the distributor to give to him as he has 40 Ariya orders n no cars. My timing was lucky. In the UK other brand garages seem to be able to be able to tell people it’s being built and will be yours, then update them it’s ‘in transit’ and they follow the relevant shop (which is in their system if it’s actually on board). There seem to be varying degrees of accuracy as regards promises, some do arrive, some don’t and people getting either delighted or the majority frustrated (See Ariya forums in UK and USA for reference). I would maintain contact and be a ‘happy n excited’ customer and not a frustrated one. If you get a good feeling that the guy or girl really doesn’t know (and that’s possible), stay in touch in a positive way.

I really did want the green (he had one there on one of my visits and it was awesome), so I had the white/black (or none) choice, made it immediately and I’ve made peace with it. My guy said unlikely he’s gonna get any greens until maybe H2 in 2023 at best (and it’s a totally speculative maybe), so really it is about whether you may at some point get an offer of ‘a car’, might not be the colour you want but if the spec you wanted, just run with it…

ah its a good positve interaction we have, Ive been killing them with kindness when I've called every few weeks! The delays are understandable if frustrating so not their fault at all. They seem pretty blind themselves and were commenting how frustrating it is for them not to know.

Was told back in June that my one was confirmed and was waiting for the boat to pick it up. Last check in mid Nov, it was imminent delivery and my order was still valid, so theoretically Im assuming mine was on that boat too!

• Advertisement

I got my order in like in May with a deposit down, so according to my guy, its the one we asked for a copper light grey interior one. pumped for it but its been a loooong wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

You’re in the same boat as we are here. Ours was part of the dealers allocation so we didn’t have to expressly order it, but same deal. No updates at all. Will call tomorrow and see what they say but it is a long wait all right. I’ve been limiting it to once a month, but maybe I should pester!

It’s good to see others in the same boat though as it means we aren’t worrying about our legs being pulled by the dealer.

Cheers thx, fingers crossed no last minute repositioning to another customer..

Touching wood for you big time 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Weser Highway is off to Zeebrugge again !

Called the dealership to check and my point of contact isn't back til Tuesday! the guy on the phone didn't seem arsed to find out, "not his area"!

Argh have to wait some more 😦. Hope others got theirs confirmed soon!!

You might have caught the wrong guy on the wrong day. All the sales guys have access to the system, it was a different guy last week gave me the Freedom Ace info which led to the Zeebrugge link. Fingers crossed for you on Tuesday..

Zeebrugge link courtesy of The Wanderer thx The Wanderer 👍👍

Yup!

still not much can do. What’s another few days! (At least I hope it’s just another few days and that there were a good few on that boat!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭costin

Seen quite a bit of excited people lately waiting for 2023 deliveries of Ariya in Evolve trim.

Be aware of the following.

1. SEAI grant is applicable for vehicles with a cost no more than 60k. This includes dealer margin, delivery charges and all extras (metalic paint, tow bar etc etc).
    2. Because of low availability and high demand dealers will push the price over 60k by 1-2k at least. Be aware that this will put off the car for SEAI grant. However dealers will do the 2 invoice trick - this is illegal and confirmed via phone by SEAI twice. This happened to me. I've ordered an Advanced but I was offered an Evolve model different colour. I've accepted but when I went to sign the new documents I've seen that price I had to pay was 56400 euros after a 500 deposit! Than I've started asking question as same happened with an EV6... Be aware of this as could be repercussions in the near future. Total cost on the invoice used for SEAI grant application should not exceed 60k! When grant is applied price needs to be under 55k. A second invoice is illegal... Confirmed by SEAI via multiple phone calls so be aware of this. Not let the excitement overcome the rational...
    3. KIA is practicing same trick for 2023 EVs (EV6es). Dealers will tell you that grant is applicable to the advertised price not to the invoice one. This is false. They will be issuing 2 invoices. One for the grant application and the 2nd only for yourselves - SEAI won't see it. AGAIN this is illegal and you could see SEAI looking for money back if checks will be done in 2023. I'm amazed that none talks about this.

I had same experience with Windsor and 2 KIA dealers... I could not believe it.

This is the reason why I've ditched the Nissan (still need to get back my deposit - I hope they won't be funny as I will than make an official complaint with SEAI) and went for a Tesla Model Y.

I could not believe that now a Model Y is cheaper than an Ariya. Superior drive train with way more power, more range, way more features for less money. Tesla delivery is now confirmed for end of February and is 4k less than what Windsor wanted for an 63kw Ariya. Crazy...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I’ve a RWD Tesla Y ordered myself but is the range that much more than the Nissan?

100%. I have friends in Germany and Norway with Tesla Model Y and Nissan Ariya 63kw. Nissan barley does 18kW in warmer conditions (September) while a Tesla Model Y RWD will do it in 13-14kW. On motorway is way worse, Nissan will do at 120-130km/h at 25-28kW/100km while Tesla RWD is well under 20kW. Here aero coefficient matters a lot.

Ariya was an option before Tesla lower the prices back in August 2023 and Nissan priced under 50k. In 2023 will be hard to sell an Ariya. If they will be any available...

Drive train on Tesla is much efficient while aerodynamic coefficient is net superior on Tesla. Also SW experience in a 2022/2023 Tesla is incomparable with Nissan entertainment.

Interesting, I prefer the Tesla anyway regardless

Tesla MY RWD WLTP range is 455km vs 401 km claimed by Nissan for the 63 kW version. Note that a Leaf with same battery size and similar enough drivetrian is not near the 401 km claimed range for the Ariya. Motorway efficiency was never an advantage for Nissan EVs...

We looked at the MY when the price came down but the Ariya still has a couple of things that we want that it doesn’t have. The self parking and the HUD being two big ones for us. It’s only going to cost us an extra €1k and we are still expecting it earlier than we’d have gotten the Tesla anyway. We also prefer the interior on the Ariya too, but obviously that’s a very subjective thing.

The range thing doesn’t really matter to us either as we don’t do long trips often. So the extra few km is worthless to us 95+% of the time.

@molloyjh did you tried out autopilot on Tesla vs Adas on an Ariya? On Ariya is a bit better than on a Leaf but no comparision with Tesla autopilot. Tesla is a tech company autopilot beeing one of its strenghts. Same applies to the entire car enetertainment system. Windsor could not even confirm if the Evolve will include Bose speakers as per the spec sheet. Until those cars land no one knows whats in them...Happened indetically with Ionic 5s and EV6es in the spring.

The Arya might well be a better all round car but ( and this is just my silly impression) Nissan are a bland brand, not Opel bland but bland, Tesla are the opposite, I realise that is not anything more than personal preference and if it didn’t have a Nissan badge , I’d really like the Arya, looks good inside and out

The self park only comes on the upgraded autopilot which pushes it over grant, so that rules it out. Plus no Tesla has the HUD.

• Advertisement

My wife doesn’t like the Tesla because she deems it bland, which I understand. They’ve gone for the minimalist look and while I think it looks good, she isn’t a fan. We are both agreed though that the Ariya is nicer in that regard. It’s a step up from what I’d expect from a Nissan. I was pleasantly surprised when I sat into it for the first time.

Advertisement