Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Ariya

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,695 ✭✭✭✭josip

MY RWDs ordered now (without a towbar) have an estimated delivery date of Feb/Mar 2023.

It's quite likely that MY won't have USS so there will be no parking assist. Coming soon when/if Tesla cracks the vision conundrum allegedly.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Upgraded Autopilot can be added after delivery, it's a software update so you just order it via the App and the car updates itself, no need to visit service centre etc. This will keep cost of car under the grant cut off

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

i can understand that, Tesla styling is very bare inside and an acquired taste, I mean ( and again this is utterly subjective) , Nissan as an overall brand has a bland image , individual Nissan cars ( like the Arya) are fine looking cars

Tesla has a cool fresh and exciting image, Nissan seen as less cool than Toyota and Toyota has never been seen as cool

im getting too philosophical now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

By whom exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I didn’t know that. It’s still an extra expense though and the Ariya has that as standard on the Evolve. Obviously we got in before the price change though so no doubt the price of the Ariya when it comes available again would make it a very different conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Keoin18

Spoke to my dealership, my poor point of contact is still sick so got some info from another helpful fella that my car is/was on the Serenity Ace (en route to Rotterdam at this min) It stopped in Zeebrugge before so he wasn't sure what boat is delivering it to Ireland or when.

At least its this side of Europe!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Corporatemarky

It landed after Weser Highway’s latest depart to Dublin. It’s about here now so with luck will be heading back to Zeebrugge tomorrow/Thur on another Dublin trip and yours on it 🤞🤞. Knowing it was on the Serenity is prob as much as they know but if it’s on the Weser’s next trip, they’ll know within 24 hours of that if it’s landed 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Ariya Evolve list €52,995 (Advance €48,995) after grant vs Model Y €54,190 after grant ?? Tesla def a subjective choice, bare inside..

The Y with the cheaper of the paints…different paints cost more..1,316 Teslas reg YTD vs only 60 Ariyas, so the Ariya quite a rarity..Bjorn Niland on YouTube is a decent independent electric tester, lots of good stuff, appears reliable, a reasonable fan of the Ariya and its range..

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Keoin18

Yeah that was my thinking too. Dublin port doesn’t seem to see that far in the future though. Another week to wait early Xmas present!!

🤞

• Advertisement

Mind you, range is really a function of your regular journeys. City driving will always provide better outcome than motorway, late 50 kWH or 60s kWH cars not ones for frequent motorway driving range wise = definite range anxiety ! We’ve a 2016 BMW 330e at present - pre 2018 has only best 32km battery range (Post then hybrids c. 50 kms before you turn on the aircon, lose 6-7 km range if it’s on). Interesting bit is that recently my spouse was breaking the m’way speed limit when we’d battery power. The car knew, switched off battery and the ICE came on (not loud but slightly noticeable), and suggested she might want to slow down ! Wasn’t a hugely popular view 😃😃

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

You're new at this trolling I think 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭costin

@Corporatemarky Bjorn Nyland just ordered a new Tesla M3 not an Ariya. Also there seems to be a lot of confusion about Tesla autopilot.

Tesla autopilot is free of charge. Enhanced autopilot and full self driving capability (both just software features) are extra.

Ariya was a good deal when price was under 50k if Nissan could deliver. However Nissan can't manufacture at cost yet, therefore only few Evolve models were allocated for Ireland.

As per my previous post, dealers are taking advantage of this and want extra.

By the way is any of you paying under 56k for an Ariya Evolve? List price was always 55k not 52... We are talking now acquisition price.

Fact that only few Ariya are on the road is a big disadvantage on the longer run, not an advantage.

You have all Bjorn Nyland tests here

Ariya 170/250 Wh/km at 90/120 vs 150/200Wh/km for a MY LR. Tesla MY RWD will be more efficient (see M3 RWD LFP) as car is lighter and has bit less power than MY LR.

The 250 Wh/km means 220-230 km range on motorway in warmish weather. In today's wether condition will be 170-180 km. Note that measured battery by Bjorn is 58.5KW not 63! The Model 3/Y LFP battery usable capacity is 57.5 (line 195) so it's like for like but much more efficient drive train on Tesla.

On an EV you will see that range matters a lot in all weather conditions.

Also charge speed is a big deal while on motorway in Ireland. On Tesla you can take advantage of the superchargers - up to 170KW (Indeed only a handful of supercharges) while for the rest you are limited at 50KW... Hopefully this will change with the adoption of more EVs but it's shocking that are no 100+KW CCS chargers yet.

Our Evolve is €55k with the nappa leather seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Contacted my dealer today about the Green Evolve 63kwh we ordered in May (wanted red but told wasn't available)

Apparently Nissan still can't give them a delivery date! Anyway they had 3 available in January (they're in Zeebrugge at the moment). All Evolves, 63kwh and dark interiors. We choose the ceramic grey - when I say we I mean my wife! I would have preferred the copper.

My 63 kW Evolve invoice was Sept 22, and pre grant €57,995 before paint, €52,995 grant deducted. As above. No idea what other dealers could be doing. I see Nissan’s Nov 22 model price list no longer has the Ariya there…

@Corporatemarky and how much was the paint and other extras? All Ariya comming now are dual tone so 53k is not the final price.

Did the dealer also added compulsory paint and leather treatment?

€900 for 2 tone Pearl white/black roof, no compulsory anything on top..

• Advertisement

But with prior experience I’ll probably take the paint/fabric treatment inside n out (Supagard). Had it on last 3 new ones and a great finish partic outside. I’ve never heard of ‘compulsory’ treatment..optional €400 if we want it, on a par with prev costs..garage arranges that not Nissan..

Nissan dose not sell direct like Tesla. My point was that grages are taking advantage of this situation and inflate pricess. Be aware again that invoice price can't be more than 60k including all extras. In my case was a bit over 61k... This had triggered the post...

Definitely worth being aware of the invoice limit when spec’ing an EV partic if close to the €60k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

There are other 150kw+ chargers around e.g. Ionity and Ecars have some.

Last time I counted Tesla had more than both of them combined at 58, but Ecars are continuously (slowly) adding new 150kw chargers.

A big advantage of the supercharging is the integration with the car where it will automatically include a charging stop, preheat as required for max.speed and knows the availability of chargers enroute in real time. No manila route planning needed. And just stop, plug in and walk away, no apps,barcodes, pressing buttons etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭RainInSummer

Having been in a couple of Model Ys and 3s it's cured me of wanting a Tesla at all, and I'd land firmly in the minimalist camp.

I'd pick an Ariya for both interior and exterior every time (if it wasn't so dear). Tesla software might be great and all, but forcing you to interface with a screen and take your eyes off the road to switch stuff on/off is a retrograde step. Great if you happen to have the EAP and do your driving on motorways. Less so for the bulk of R and L roads.

Only decent looking car Tesla ever made was the S, and that's long over due a refresh.

Was going to see if we could get our hands on one of those other two if they were still available but spoke to our dealer this morning and he confirmed that ours is en route. Currently on a boat that stopped off in Greece last week and then went on to Spain. Not sure exactly when the car is due into Dublin yet but that it’s on the way is the main thing so happy days. We’re not in any great rush so if it’s ends up being Feb before it gets here it’s no great shakes.

Gotta feel for the dealers on these ones though. I can only imagine what a pain in the backside all this is for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,702 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Only decent looking car Tesla ever made was the S, and that's long over due a refresh

I agree with you highly on that both inside and outside its the best looking Tesla. I wonder will they replace it. All the others have that horrible half finished front lip at the front of the bonnet which looks like it could be dangerous if it hit a pedestrian. Then again being Tesla that would not surprise me.

Viewed mine in the garage this evening (😎😎😎). Chatting to the lads there, v lucky and only a few more expected for rem 2022/2023 incl those already en route. Of the 60 already registered that includes demo cars and ones Nissan Irl have, looks like they’ll be as rare as hens teeth on the road. I see Nissan have taken the Ariya off their model price lists. It’ll be lovely in the grey..

Dealers ARE very frustrated!

• Advertisement

Advertisement