Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Ariya

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I've been told the order nooks for 2023 are closed and you'd be bloody lucky to get a Leaf too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Was back from holidays this week and noticed the local dealer had got their demo while driving pass. So after work today popped down for a test drive.

The demo is a 87kw advance model in Ceramic Grey. 

Sadly I only had time for a quick drive around the bypass but a lovely car to drive. Think you'll need a one day course to get to know all the tech and features on board! But did manage to find the cruise control and tried the e pedal on the open road.

Thankfully the dealer confirmed my order is placed (he has 10 orders in the system) but couldn't give a delivery date yet, I'm expecting early 2023 to be honest. I must actually drop him an email next week to confirm the colour I'm getting as I gave him 3 choices so he could see what was available on the system.

He also confirmed Nissan has told them not to accept any more new orders as mentioned elsewhere on the thread. The same also applies to the USA and apparently Japan markets so is a pretty serious production backlog / delays.

A corporate customer is getting the car for the entire weekend for a test drive. Lucky bloody bugger!

He also got another Ariya in for a customer which is now on the road, I'll be keeping a look out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Yeah got my call today that order books closed. I have to say I’m disappointed. I need a “high” car for physical reasons so options limited. Think I’ll still go for the test drive and then use it to compare others and see if hanging on is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,811 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I must actually drop him an email next week to confirm the colour I'm getting as I gave him 3 choices so he could see what was available on the system.

Why not just leave it at a nice surprise figure joursflf seen you do get the car. How will know its going to be one of them 3 colours just not which one.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Just spotted one in Cork. Imposing on the road. Mixed feelings on the look long term though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭creedp

Saw one yesterday in the flesh. Very impressive looking car and I'm normally not taken by bulky SUV styled cars. Must say I much prefer the look of this to the Ioniq 5 or EV6. Will have to wait to see how they compare under the skin.

Noticed today that the price list for the Ariya has vanished from the Nissan Ireland website in its September price list pdf. This is as a result of the order book closing.

Also I've heard from UK sources that tinted red is no longer available. Which is a shame as it was a stunning colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

In the flesh it was a very bright red though - not as appealing as the brochure made it seem.

Price rise on the way, 3-5%.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Any sign of it yet? We got our names on a cancellation and were told at the start of last week that it would be “within the next 2 weeks”. But when we contacted the dealer yesterday he said he didn’t have a date and was in touch with Nissan to try and get a date. Didn’t get a good feeling!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I’ve seen three of these locally now. Saw a black (or maybe very dark grey) one earlier, nice looking car. I was surprised at how well it looked around regular cars. Much nicer than an id4.

The orangey launch colour looks better in the metal though, the dark one lost the contrast between the paint and black bits.

Could have been the black or aurora green version. Hard to tell the difference at a distance at times.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Saw a white one during the week, disappointed, did not do anything for me

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

Have to agree saw a white one with a big black what used to be a grille and it looked hideous, then saw a black one later the same day and it looked way way better, with the white the contrast between the black and white is too great imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭creedp

Agree much nicer in darker colours. Personally don't like a lot of cars in white and I really don't understand why some EVs manufacturers persist with a black shiny fake grill on white cars. The Q4 etron being a particularly good example of this.

FFS why does he say "TEZ LA" ?

But to me the Nissan looks a bit small ?

Electric cars are at stupid prices now. I remember when a Leaf could be got for 28.5 K max spec.....

I don't like where the charge port is, means always having to drive forward into a parking space at a charger, I reverse park all the time whether at a charger or not as it's much safer than reversing out.

We have a Leaf and reverse park all the time. Running the charging cable along the side of the car has never been an issue. I don’t get that complaint at all.

You can still get EVs with a decent range for in or around €30k. Which is what the Leaf cost originally (€29,995). They will have a far better range and a better spec for the same money. The base Leaf model for example is now going for €28,145, which is cheaper than the original Leaf. It has well over twice the range, charges faster and has a higher spec than the original. So you are getting a good deal more for less.

The bigger cars are starting to get ridiculous price wise. But that’s down to market and supply issues. It won’t last forever. And despite that there are ways that they become financially more viable. We are getting solar panels in and replacing our main car with an Ariya (hopefully!). Based off both of those we think we should be saving about €3,000 a year even with rocketing energy prices. Long story short, that means the Ariya is effectively hitting the €30-35k price range for us once all savings are factored in. Not bad for a fully kitted out car really. That’s not going work for everyone who obviously but then it doesn’t have to with cheaper EVs out there.

Not everyone wants a range of only around 200 Kms for 28-30k , having to spend 50+ for an EV with half acceptable range is a complete joke. I consider 400 Kms to be the minimal acceptable range the majority of People will rather have, I'd certainly not get an ev with less range than the VW id3 tour 5, it's far better than hanging around at charge points, if you can find one, proper high powered ones are very few and far between.

You can't reverse park a leaf at a fast charger, the only hope you have is if the charger is positioned in a way that allows you to reverse or parallel park.

You’re just being a bit unreasonable tbh. Our Leaf has 100km range and since we got it (and the charger installed) we’ve done the vast majority of our driving in it. If we had a newer Leaf with 200+Km then I don’t see what trips in Ireland wouldn’t be doable with that. You’d be hard pushed to do more than 300km in any one trip in Ireland so you might need a longer stop at a fast charger to do that, but how often does the average person do that in a year? How many people never do that in a year?

And if range is that important, the MGs have longer ranges than that. Or the Leaf 62kwh has 385km which should be more than enough for a small island like ours. Sure they are another €2-6k more expensive than the original Leaf, but they aren’t €50k. You seem to want to not compromise on anything at all but expect to able to do that at a budget. I’m not sure you could do that with an ICE never mind an EV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I disagree, I think if you can have a moderately sized (40-50kWh) battery and very fast charging 100-150kW that would suit most peoples needs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

That machine looks yuuuge. Saw one in the flesh, and as Nobby says, it looks big next to the current gen Qashqai. The boot is perhaps not particularly big for the SUV segment, particularly in the AWD version at 408 litres which is rather small. Only bugbear to me is that it is an SUV with a pointlessly high driving position and road clearance. The whole SUV segment is ridiculous given how more efficient an estate would be, similar to the urban pickup craze in the US.

At least the EV6 and e-Megane hatchbacks only borrow the crossover styling for the most part. That said, this is a great SUV... Looks less boring than the Enyaq, and more like the ID.5 than the ID.4.

100 - 150 kw sustained rather than a 5 min peak is what we really need, rather than talk kw we just need the charge times greatly reduced and a lot more high power chargers and in reality we're years away from having an adequate charging infrastructure.

I think if People had the choice of 80 Kwh or 40-50, I think most people would choose the 80 Kwh but in reality their budget is often the limiting factor, if I had the option of 100 Kwh I would have taken it. I think the more independence we have from public charging the better.

There are People who will choose the 40-50 Kwh because they have the Diesel car too and will take that for the longer trips but I think in the majority of cases People don't want to be hanging around at chargers and on top of that paying a huge premium over night time electricity so the more night time energy you can store the better.

There are a lot of People who like these types of cars and it's only right to make cars that people want, not everyone wants to climb down into a car whacking their heads off the car in the process and there are a lot of People who don't want to climb out of the car.

Not everyone wants a small hatch and not everyone wants a small SUV or larger crossover. It's nice to have options.

There's People wo don't want to eat meat because they think it helps save the earth and there are People who love a good O'l Steak but it's usually the People who don't want to eat meat that think the rest of the world shouldn't either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭MarkN

Spend a week getting to know a car.

Film it over a few hours.

Edit it over a few hours.

Has an issue with my pronunciation of Tesla.

Thanks for watching it though ;)

In the Megane during the week, will be interesting to compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭eltoastero

Quality review (as always). What sticks in my mind from your reviews was when you talked about the current Leaf owner and whether the could justify (or want to) the move to the more expensive and physically larger Ariya if they want to continue to drive electric.

I know many people who stick with car brands for life so their electric moves were obvious: Golf to ID3, Tiguan to ID4, Tucson to Ioniq 5 etc. There will be some who will transition from Qashqui to Ariya as it's a like for like transition (ignoring cost), but I'd be interested to know what direction the current leaf owners will head in should they want a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭KCross

In the Megane during the week,

Make sure you practice your Renault pronunciation before you post that!.... or just say Ren-awlt to annoy folk, it might get the click count up! 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭costin

No news yet but talking to them last week I'll say will be slim changes for delivery this year... Again I've order it in March... Crazy...

Ms

Oh can not wait to see what you think of the Mègane E-Tech. I just wish Renault gave the option of logos as the old one will always be my favourite but the new one is growing on me.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
    Ms

At least the EV6 and e-Megane hatchbacks only borrow the crossover styling for the most part. That said, this is a great SUV... Looks less boring than the Enyaq, and more like the ID.5 than the ID.4.

An Enyaq is not boring. It's a lot nicer than the ID.3 or ID.4.

I would have the Skoda over the Nissan.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement