Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Ariya

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

It was the copper model. Wasn't mad keen - had ordered an Aurora green.

It's floating around somewhere, Nissan yanked it out of the Windsor allocation and sent it somewhere else it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Well I just hope that hasn’t happened with ours!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

Spotted a new Pearl Blue Ayira outside my local dealer this morning. Lucky bugger who's ever getting it.

Spotted my first one out in the wild today in Castlebar, Co. Mayo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

This is where Tesla is kinda going with the Model Y and 55 kWh Blade BYD battery.

Not the biggest range but efficiency, aerodynamics and fast charging should make up for that.

I remember the days of driving with 24 kWh but back then there was more chance the charger was in use as they were free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Sorry not fully up to speed but saw one yesterday and it looked good - is there an easy way to determine the model from looking at the car?

No I’m afraid not. Nissan don’t put the trim or battery info on the car itself. The only visual difference might be the sunroof, which comes as standard on the Evolve trim but not on the Advance trim. That said, you can option is on the Advance so even that isn’t reliable.

I’d imagine most models would be the smaller battery as the larger one was always above grant regardless of trim. The smaller was within grant, also regardless of trim. So I’d assume if it has a sunroof it’s probably the lower battery Evolve, if it doesn’t it’s probably the lower battery Advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Has anyone got their Ariya yet? Apparently mine is built - just waiting for dealer to get back to me as to whether or not it's on one of the 2 ships Nissan has bound for Europe at the moment!

Not yet. I’ve have seen one out and about in Wicklow (Enniskerry area) recently. When did you order yours?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Corporatemarky

Had ordered Aurora Green. My dealer found one in Nissan in the Pearl White. The 63kW Evolve. In transit last update by don’t know which ship. He had 40 orders, getting 2, I’m on one of them 🤞🤞. Neither of the 2 so in desired colour (other purchaser wanted green too). Dealer has no idea what / when / how many more may arrive in 2023. Same global issue as many other EVs. They’re very frustrated as my guy also waiting for a load of Leafs to fill orders. First batch of 100 incl dealer test drive Ariya models arrived here and released by customs in September. So there will be a few private models on the road at the mo. Haven’t had a white car before, no choice if want one as could be way into 2023 (or later) to get a Green…fab car. Test drove an X Trail new hybrid while waiting to chat with the dealer at the weekend. Nissan have really upped their game spec and comfort wise.

Until it arrives and I get the ‘call’, still can’t be certain but I’m hoping !

Due here in a couple of weeks for a 231 reg is the timetable

63kwh Green evolve ordered in May.

Ours was one of the dealers original allocation (1 of 2). The first arrived in at the start of Oct. No sign of ours yet and no idea when it will arrive in. Hopefully part of that batch Corporatemarky mentioned. At this stage we’re better getting a 231 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,808 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

You will love having a white cwr come the Summer. No need to worry about burning your hand on the scorching hot paint on your car as white barely gets warm.

Youngsters miss it in the Autumn and winter do when that little but if heat from whatever sun we get then would be welcome.

/\/\ WTH lol.

You will miss it in the Autumn and winter do when that little but of heat from whatever sun we get then would be welcome.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

My car currently on the car ship Freedom Ace per the Nissan garage. It’s currently sailing around a number of European ports. If a vehicle is in transit (garage will know) they can tell you the ship it’s on. You can then Google n track it. Tho in my case I don’t know (hope) Dublin on the Freedom Ace schedule unless it’s heading back out to Japan and returning late this month..

I heard that the cars are taken off in Zeebrugge, and put on a different ship for Dublin. One of the earlier Ace ships did not call at Dublin and headed back to the Med after calling at Tyne Port after earlier calling at Zeebrugge.

As for my own vehicle. God knows when I'm going to get it as my dealer can't tell me when the next batch is due to enter production.

You guys seem to be getting more from your dealer than we are from ours. No talk of batches or cars in transit, just “we spoke to Nissan and it’s definitely coming, we just don’t know when”. And that’s it.

My ship was in Tyne UK having been in Zeebrugge, and now berthed in Amsterdam today. You could well be right about the ship not actually coming to Dublin, can’t see its schedule other than next stop. Probs not too many with my OCD about where the car is, figuring out what ‘ship’ it’s on is popular in the UK given the scarcity of vehicles, so I just thought I’d ask !

• Advertisement

If a main dealer, and car coming from S Korea/Japan, they ought to be able to tell you c. 2-3 weeks in advance of delivery if it’s ‘in transit’ and the ship.

Dublin Port website has arrivals 6 days in advance. The Freedoms Ace isn’t on the schedule up to 8 Dec so the Wanderer could be right about the ship switcheroo..if it heads away East/South East from Amsterdam then mine likely not currently on it.

As per The Wanderer 4/12/22 at 9:25 pm, Weser Highway is a car carrier (Kess Lines) operating between Zeebrugge n Dublin. It’s just been here (2 Dec) and on the way to ZB now. It’s due back in Dublin on 7 Dec..

Plagueing myself I know !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,606 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

You'll be lucky - our dealer said production of the Ariya was halted in early September and not scheduled to resume until July 2023.

If your car had been finished prior to the production cutoff then surely you'd have it by now?

Yeah it could just be that the dealer wasn’t going into specifics, but he said that they’ll know when it’s going to land, which could be the 6 days you’re referring to here, and that they’d let us know when it does. So they may well know about it being in transit and not say anything. All contact is over the phone as they are in Kilkenny and we’re in Wicklow. Hard to just swing by for an update when it’s a 3-4 hour round trip.

I don’t think production was halted. They stopped taking orders but that’s it AFAIK.

You'd get better tracking on Aliexpress! Anyone know how long it takes from a car landing in Ireland to being ready for pick-up from the dealer? My guess is we're all looking at 23 plates at this stage.

There’s at least 2 def on the way here, Nissan Irl are competing for the relatively small supply coming to Europe with other countries. We’re a small market vs UK. AFAIK production not ceased but like Hyundai stopping all European Ioniq 5s for H2 2022 (otherwise I’d already be an Ioniq owner), their production is limited..

• Advertisement

There’s some customs stuff to be dealt with before the dealer gets it AFAIK but not a lengthy delay..

Advertisement