Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundation (Apple) [** SPOILERS **]

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭DenMan

Just watched the season 2 finale tonight! I've really loved this show. I wonder how long it will be until season 3 comes out, to be set 152 years later.

I'm not watching this at all. I will but Apple really bug me in every aspect of their business

I'm the only one in the house who likes this but I don't get any time in front of a TV, on my own.

I do get time with my PC/Laptop/Phone and can I watch Apple player in good quality on any of these? Can I feck

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The rumour is we might not get a Season 3 'til 2026 when you factor in the Strikes and the fact Apple hasn't officially greenlit a Season 3...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭SharkMX

Loved the books.

Didnt really like the first season at all. The second season has grown on me and i enjoyed it far more than the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ooof. That took a while, and with the Strikes that suggestion we mightn't get a new season 'til 2026 at the earliest suddenly seems accurate. Pity. Can't see myself retaining enthusiasm - or memory! - of the show that long into the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭corkie

@pixelburp Can't see myself retaining enthusiasm - or memory! - of the show that long into the future.

At least we have the wiki links in thread to remind us what happened. I just looked at imdb for a reminder of what happened in S2.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭DenMan

That's fantastic news!

More a case of maintaining the enthusiasm and energy for the show. 3 years of a wait is a lot of TV, habits and preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Someone had mentioned it gets better in season 2, it didn't for me. Not a big fan of sci fi, liked the main actor from another show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Adding Sci fi Royalty happy days have always enjoyed him tbh. A great addition to an excellent show

• Registered Users Posts: 4,356 ✭✭✭Homelander

I find the stuff with Gaal, Savlor and Hari just about passable, there's definitely a constantly increasing level of wishy-washy nonsense masquerading as complexity that I find a bit grating.

But anything involving Empire is top notch. Everyone involved is superb, but Day and Demezel are next-level. Lee Pace as Day in particular, I feel like the show almost hinges on him at this point, steals every scene he's in.

I love how the show constantly builds up a particular brother Day only to coldly break him down. Really hammers home the point that they have ultimate power, and the will to change is there, but really they have no power or agency at all because Demezel is pulling all the strings, as she has been for generations.

Haven't read the books so have no idea what's coming next. A civil war between genetic dynasty and new dynasty?

But anything involving Empire is top notch. Everyone involved is superb, but Day and Demezel are next-level. Lee Pace as Day in particular, I feel like the show almost hinges on him at this point, steals every scene he's in.

The difference between teh two aspects of the show are so different in terms of quality as to be enraging. Like you said the Gaal material is hocus-pocus nonsense and "psychohistory" isn't even trying to be actually mathematical and is, for all intents and purposes, magic. Every now and again they'll use a real term that sounds vaguely mathematical - but it amounts to magic spells. Even the Prime Radiant opening up is like something from Harry Potter.

But everything with Empire could sustain a show in its own right; there's so much to work with what amounts to the three same characters, just subtly altered from season to season. In fact the whole courtship of the princess needed a few more episodes 'cos a little too much was said instead of shown, for the sake of making room for the other matieral.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

OT but an entire article about Siddig without mentioning Star Trek Deep Space Nine, for many his most memorable role (I know, it was 30 years ago).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,414 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

First show in a while where I just couldn't wait to put it on each night.

Generally the show looks amazing with my only gripe being "The Mule" who looks like the bad guys from Highlander II (which is set in the far off future of 2024)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ah jaysus. Bit worrying that the article mentions the budget being "brought down"; cos this has always been a rather smashing looking show, and very expensive looking. Hopefully whatever budget slashing occurs isn't at the expense of the scale of the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Honestly with this news ill be shocked if it makes it beyond S3

It's starting to get that stench all right; stoppages over budget after the Strike-induced pause screams an announcement Season 3 will be the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Thats iff season 3 goes ahead... I was really enjoying that second season. I never read Asimov, bu it is a quality story from what the episodes are telling me.

Lee Pace is brilliant, and I think a real star is born in the actress who plays Gael... quick google... Lou Llobell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,310 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 3 to resume filming on March 6th.

So the budget has been cut enough to get filming to resume so I'm guessing there won't be a season 4.

I hope it won't be noticeable in the final product. Whatever else this show was it was always quite sumptuous to look at.

David D Goyer is gone as showrunner too; man this is getting fairly chaotic at this stage.

Co-creator David S. Goyer is stepping back from his showrunner duties ahead of production resuming on the show’s upcoming third season. Goyer (Blade, The Dark Knight) will still be creatively involved with the show, contributing scripts from Los Angeles, while executive producer Bill Bost will be moving to Prague (where the show is filmed) to oversee the duration of season three photography. While sources say this means Goyer is effectively no longer serving as showrunner, a representative for the production says he will retain that title (contrary to an earlier version of this story).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,679 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I gave up mid-season 2 myself. Yea it looks fabulous but honestly, I couldn't get into the Gail and co plotline and started to see everything beyond the Empire plots as filler/distraction.

Advertisement