Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Billy Whizz

Tried again today and it worked.

No response from GoMo to the ticket I logged 24 hours ago though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

Same. 2fa issues for me. Having a nightmare even contacting them. Live chat asked me to find out what networks government and bank use to contact me. Is that mad? How the feck am I supposed to find that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 T4two

I've just switched to GoMo from Vodafone. The only issue I have is that although I can send texts to everyone, I'm not receiving texts back from certain people, it seems maybe Vodafone customers. Anyone have this issue and how can I resolve?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,931 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I'm honestly baffled by these 2fa issues, I've no such issues and have been with Gomo since they launched 🤔

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭coughdrops

Morning - looking for a bit of advice / help if possible please

My Da has a Gomo SIM, has it about 18 months or so. A few weeks ago the coverage in his area "stopped" (his words!) during particularly stormy weather. Service hasn't come back for him, so I think it is possibly an issue with his phone/SIM rather than a network issue. I also suspect that the storm may not have had anything to do with it.

Problem is, he doesn't remember his login, his email, his password - he is confused by the entire thing - so we can't login to Gomo to chat to them about it or to reactivate his account.

He currently can't get/make calls or texts. If I try to reset his account, it sends a verification text, but he isn't getting texts. So we're going around in circles. Added to this, he is 200 kms away, so we're trying to fix this over the phone, with him on landline trying to look at his mobile

Is there a phone number he can call to speak to them?

I've tried to DM them on Twitter to see if they can help, but no response.

Regular SMS on Samsung Galaxy

Morning all, I've been with GoMo from the start, absolutely no issues but.....

Over the past 2 days I've started to get bombarded with calls from UK numbers , anyone else experiencing this🤔

Literally 5 a day, all different numbers , usually before lunch , clearly spam but I know how to deal with this nonsense.

Just wondering anyone else experiencing this 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭KildareP

Yes, nothing to do with GoMo though, the numbers are being dialled at random. Best you can do is not answer them and your number will be marked as inactive and the calls should stop after a week or so. Blocking is unfortunately no good because the numbers are always different each time. If you answer them then they know the number is active and they'll keep calling now and in future "campaigns".

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Yea My father and brother who are on gomo are getting the amazon scam calls aswel...Im on gomo aswel and nothing..yet....Got my fair share of them tho awhile ago.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hi,

You might have more luck with the chat function on their website. You don't need to be logged in, but the prompt for the chat only appears when someone's available, though. I've been having data issues since the beginning of the year, too, I came here to ask about that (H+/3G at best).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

In case it helps someone else, I checked downdetector.ie to see if anyone else was having similar problems. And yes, other people were. I managed to get hold of someone via chat, the first person wasn't very helpful - they did suggest turning off the phone for 10 mins minimum to see if it would catch the signal from another mast, but when that didn't work they first suggested moving the sim to a different phone, which I can't do because I don't have a spare phone with that size of sim (they asked me could I borrow one from a neighbour... I ask you...). They said that it'd be necessary if it was a problem with the sim, and that if it was they'd send me a new one. Considering the inconvenience and the waste of time and the fact that we couldn't be sure the sim or the phone were causing this (it started earlier this month, or even around Christmas), and considering I wasn't alone with the problem, I asked them could they first check and see if it was a network issue... at which point the chat was dropped. I tried again, the next person was much more helpful - they did suggest most of the same things, but they did go and look for other issues, only to discover that a mast in my area was down and the other one was only 2G. So they opened a call with their own support to get it fixed. So much for my needing a new sim....

Anyway, if it helps anyone else, first try switching off the phone and leaving if off for 10 minutes minimum. It might just work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 sickofcovid

WiFi calling, does anybody know when this feature will be available for €9.99 a month people

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Samsung S20 FE handset, 9.99 per month account, my phone has wifi calling switched on.

I'm in Cork - which shouldnt make any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Prospector1989

Minor annoying issue I'm having. Trying to text in to one of those radio competitions. 51552 is the number and it's being blocked. Other SMS working fine. GoMo support justt had me turn the phone off for 10 mins but it did nothing. Anyone see this. I know the number probably isn't included in my monthly bill but would expect it to send and be added on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Iphone x running on the old 9.99 package also and no wifi calling here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,669 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

No WiFi calling available for the pixel 6 either.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 buzz77

It’s not active yet. You’ll know that when you’ll be able to call while on airplane mode connected to wifi only (VoWiFi) or make a cellular call without the phone falling to 3G (VoLTE). Best way to check this is on iPhone trying to turn on WiFi calling. On Andriods you can enable these features on a number of phones (if firmware supports EIR) but obviously it will not work as features are not enabled as well on network side for your profile.

I’ve been waiting for VoWiFi as well as cell reception in my area is quite poor but looks like EIR simply doesn’t care about not keeping up to their promises.

WiFi calling now working on the other half's iPhone, €9.99 plan.

Edit: VoLTE also working too.

Post edited by KildareP on

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Interesting. Tried to enable both but carrier side support is still down for me on an Android handset.

Don't have a supported Android handset to try unfortunately since the Google Pixel doesn't support any of Eir's ancillary features like VoLTE, WiFi Calling or 5G.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I don't think it's working for me. When I was on eir and had a Galaxy S8 a combined wifi/handset symbol came up on a wifi call.

I have an S20+ now but I presume it's the same?

Having said that I do remember regularly having iffy call quality over wifi despite having good broadband. I think I turned it off.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I have a 12 Pro Max on a €9.99 GoMo plan and as of today it is still not working :-(

Did you activate it in Settings - Mobile Data - WiFi Calling? Or is it still giving you the contact Eir message?

Did you turn on VoLTE in Settings - Mobile Data Options - Voice & Data: 4G ticked and VoLTE toggled on?

Working since the weekend on my wife's XR, €9.99 plan within the first 2-3 days of GoMo launching, running iOS 15.3.1 and carrier file 49.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Looking to port over from 48. I was with GoMo a few years ago and had a lot os signal issues at the time, but I've heard it's a lot better now.

Whose network do they use?

Any issues I should be aware of? Roaming ok?

Any offers ongoing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭Glaceon

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

There's only three networks in ROI. 48 uses the 3 network Use siteviewer to see masts near you, a lot of sites are shared so check you are looking at the right provider when checking coverage.

GoMo roaming grand in NI and UK and way better than 3 in Italy

Advertisement