Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,465 ✭✭✭✭kippy

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Think i have a bigger problem then that ,after trying puk codes and other code thinking this is what it was requesting the phone is now hard locked as i just found out on line you only have 5 attempts at it before its hard locked, so even a unlock code from vodafone will now not work.
    (sony experia xa1), looks like i haven't ruin my phone!

Where did you get the PUK codes and other code you talk about?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

kippy wrote: »
    Where did you get the PUK codes and other code you talk about?

On the Gomo card, thought phone was unlocked, but its hard locked now,
    looked online apparently you get 5 attempts, it gave no count down, so i didn't realise at time putting wrong code would make it unusable, its built in to Sony Expire phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,465 ✭✭✭✭kippy

looked online apparently you get 5 attempts, it gave no count down, so i didn't realise at time putting wrong code would make it unusable, its built in to Sony Expire phones.

I would contact your network operator again and point them towards this:
    https://www.unlockunit.com/blog/sim-network-pin-blocked-enter-sim-network-puk/
    Failing that I would contact an email address on that page with the exact model of phone, IMEI of the phone and network. Advise them of the situation.
    The may be able to give a definitive answer.
    If what you are saying is true, then contact Sony directly with the same details and see if there is any workaround.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Sparkrite

A simlock, network lock, carrier lock or (master) subsidy lock is a technical restriction built into phones at manufacture. It's built in to practically every phone. The amount of attempts varies between manufacturers but nearly all have a subsidiary pin/code that will re-set the attempt counter to zero. The problem maybe in getting this code.
    My advice would be to bring the phone to any of the plethora of mobile unlocking shops who may be able to 'hard' unlock it.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Currently in Sweden. Data working fine. It did take over an hour to connect to a local network for whatever reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

I am moving two numbers. When I get SIM cards, how do I know which sim relates to which of my numbers ? On MyGoMo online it just gives two new numbers and details relating to them. Haven’t ported my numbers over yet but need to know I’m putting correct sim in each phone .

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭joebre

When is it worth making the switch ?

My Vodafone phone was out of contact and I like to make a lot of calls.
    I ported to GoMo last week.

My wife is with Vodafone
    Paying €40 pm.
    !0 months left on her contract.
    Will cost €410 to buy out.
    I reckon it will cost her around €100 to move to GoMo over the next ten months and there seems little point as she is a very light user of calls & data.
    Opinions please ?

xraylady wrote: »
    I am moving two numbers. When I get SIM cards, how do I know which sim relates to which of my numbers ? On MyGoMo online it just gives two new numbers and details relating to them. Haven’t ported my numbers over yet but need to know I’m putting correct sim in each phone .

If both new SIMs are on the same account, what does it matter?

If they are separate accounts I would assume they will be delivered separately and so the packaging will have your original phone number, relating to the enclosed SIM printed on the postage label.

joebre wrote: »
    When is it worth making the switch ?

My wife is with Vodafone
    Paying €40 pm.
    !0 months left on her contract.
    Will cost €410 to buy out.
    I reckon it will cost her around €100 to move to GoMo over the next ten months and there seems little point as she is a very light user of calls & data.
    Opinions please ?

I agree, €510 for ten months for a light user is way too much.

On another point, I have read on boards, many posts where people have ordered their GoMo SIM but have maybe €30-€40 left in their pre-pay account and state something like "I'll wait until my account hits zero before I port" .

WHY ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

The 410 EUR is a sunk cost. It is going to have to be paid one way or another.

The 100 EUR is the relevant cost here but so is the ongoing cost thereafter.

Is she does not switch to GoMo, what plan would she go on after the Vodafone contract expired? You are not going to find a cheaper plan than GoMo.

• Advertisement

True, but we don't know what plan(s) may be available in 10 months time with either GoMo or any other provider, so the extra €100 is also 'dead' but may be a path to a cheaper plan for life.

As the old saying goes, "You pay your money and you make your choice" or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

Sparkrite wrote: »
    If both new SIMs are on the same account, what does it matter?

If they are separate accounts I would assume they will be delivered separately and so the packaging will have your original phone number, relating to the enclosed SIM printed on the postage label.

Unfortunately they don't have the phone numbers you want to port on them - they have the new sim numbers which mean nothing to us.

So, I put one new sim in my phone, my business phone and then phoned it from a landline and nothing - so I swapped it to the other sim and phoned it and perfect. 50/50 chance you get it right first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

LizardKing wrote: »
    I got my 2nd bill and its €10.06 .. I am being charged 7 cent extra for a premium sms or mms to some number I have no record of sending or receiving from ( 00282682273 - looks like its Chinese ) - I have contacted them to investigate. Anyone else seeing the 9.99 bill increase??

just got my bill for November , i have 1 international SMS message 0.07c

check the number and its a 00447534xxxxxx number ? i thought uk numbers are included in the plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    just got my bill for November , i have 1 international SMS message 0.07c

check the number and its a 00447534xxxxxx number ? i thought uk numbers are included in the plan?

From what i can tell out of plan uk sms would be 7 cents but you are unlikely to ahve gone out of plan....

Send them a message via the website.. probs not worth trying the chat.

I emailed via the website and they refunded the 7 cents as credit

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭acelt67

LizardKing wrote: »
    From what i can tell out of plan uk sms would be 7 cents but you are unlikely to ahve gone out of plan....

Send them a message via the website.. probs not worth trying the chat.

I emailed via the website and they refunded the 7 cents as credit

Are UK sms's included in the plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

Re your 6c charge
    Just saw this on faq. I got it also on first bill - as well as charge for sms.

Why am I being charged 6c for an international SMS?
    When activating iMessage on an iPhone, there is an SMS sent for verification as part of the activation. The cost for this SMS is 6c. This is a one off charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

acelt67 wrote: »

Actually - ~I misread the plan note and thought it was EU texts (and UK still in EU) but its when you are in the country not from here.

I guess this charge may be correct then? No harm in querying and confirming...

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Calls or texts to UK are not included in the GoMo plan

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭acelt67

Aquos76 wrote: »
    That's what I was thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

acelt67 wrote:

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

Ok, so i assume i have misread the T&Cs of the plan.

i assume this just covers me ringing/texting an Irish number while i'm roaming in the EU (including UK for now)

but doesn't cover me if i ring a UK number from my irish phone (home or abroad)

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    Ok, so i assume i have misread the T&Cs of the plan.

i assume this just covers me ringing/texting an Irish number while i'm roaming in the EU (including UK for now)

but doesn't cover me if i ring a UK number from my irish phone (home or abroad)

When in Ireland it covers all calls and texts within Ireland, when roaming it covers all calls and texts back home and to numbers in roaming country, not sure about say France -Germany as and example if you were roaming in France, if that makes sense.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

When in Ireland it covers all calls and texts within Ireland, when roaming it covers all calls and texts back home and to numbers in roaming country, not sure about say France -Germany as and example if you were roaming in France, if that makes sense.

When roaming in another EEA country, it covers all calls/texts to every EEA country as per the relevant EU directive.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 longcock

Quackster wrote: »
    When roaming in another EEA country, it covers all calls/texts to every EEA country as per the relevant EU directive.

It only gives you all calls and texts to Irish numbers if you are calling them from home or EU / EEA countries. It does not include calling EU / EEA countries even if you are in that country. Eg if you are in Germany your calls to Irish numbers are included in your plan but if you dial a German number you will be charged for it as if you were calling it from Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/faq/question-and-answers-roaming
    11. If I travel and call or text a friend, do I have to worry on which operator he/she is or whether it is a fixed or mobile?

No. When you are roaming in the EU, all calls to mobile and fixed numbers in the EU will be counted against your national volume of minutes (or will be unlimited if you have unlimited calls at home), exactly as if you were calling within your home country. If you have distinct so-called ‘on-net’ and ‘off-net’ volumes in your national bundle, all the roaming minutes may be all deducted from the off-net volume, and also when you call another subscriber of the same domestic operator while roaming.

For example: If you have a Belgian card and you travel to France and call either a hotel in France, back home to Belgium, or to any other country in the EU and the EEA, you are roaming (refer to legal text on the regulation on roaming) , and you will pay Belgian internal domestic prices (refer to legal text).
    However, if a Belgian SIM card holder calls from Belgium to Spain, she/he will pay the international tariff. Calls from home to another EU country are not roaming and are not regulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 buzz77

longcock wrote: »
    It only gives you all calls and texts to Irish numbers if you are calling them from home or EU / EEA countries. It does not include calling EU / EEA countries even if you are in that country. Eg if you are in Germany your calls to Irish numbers are included in your plan but if you dial a German number you will be charged for it as if you were calling it from Ireland.

It gives you calls to every EEA country when roaming to EEA. I tested it myself, I was in Spain and called France => 0c on my last bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 longcock

buzz77 wrote: »
    It gives you calls to every EEA country when roaming to EEA. I tested it myself, I was in Spain and called France => 0c on my last bill.

No it doesn't give go "free" calls to any EEA COUNTRIES. TERMS AND CONDITIONS 6.5 gives a clear explanation of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭quidel

So, this evening I've been looking to port across from Vodafone to GOMo. Scheduled a port time of around 5pm. Two hours later it looks like the Vodafone network on my iphone is no longer, so i pop in the new GoMo SIM card.
    A 'SIM Not Valid' message is about as far as I can get. Anyone a way around this or advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

So, this evening I've been looking to port across from Vodafone to GOMo. Scheduled a port time of around 5pm. Two hours later it looks like the Vodafone network on my iphone is no longer, so i pop in the new GoMo SIM card.
    A 'SIM Not Valid' message is about as far as I can get. Anyone a way around this or advice?

Did you get signal on the gomo SIM prior to the port or is this the first time the gomo SIM was put in a phone?

Is the phone locked to Vodafone network or is it SIM free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Ian010

Has the GoMo Tariff Guide been updated to reflect the new arrangements for 1850, 1890, 076 and 0818 numbers that should have taken effect on 1 December 2019?

https://gomo.ie/pricing/

Advertisement