Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭bossdrum

LizardKing wrote: »
    I got my 2nd bill and its €10.06 .. I am being charged 7 cent extra for a premium sms or mms to some number I have no record of sending or receiving from ( 00282682273 - looks like its Chinese ) - I have contacted them to investigate. Anyone else seeing the 9.99 bill increase??

You probably have a xaomi phone or something similar. When you change sim they (xaomi) try to verify that the phone is yours.
    The same happened to me and I think something similar happens with iPhones.
    It's not an increase in the bill your phone actually sent the texts.

Maybe you should contact Gomo to say you did actually send the texts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I got my first bill today, I mostly use it in a USB modem.
    In the data usage section, I notice 2 repeated dates, i.e. the same date listed twice with the same amount of data.
    17 Nov 19 23:55 9.61 GB 0.00

27 Nov 19 20:03 2.63 GB 0.00

Anybody else getting this?

Also on page 1 of the bill it says "Find all the details of your usage on my.gomo.ie"
    Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I got my first bill today, I mostly use it in a USB modem.
    In the data usage section, I notice 2 repeated dates, i.e. the same date listed twice with the same amount of data.

Anybody else getting this?

Also on page 1 of the bill it says "Find all the details of your usage on my.gomo.ie"
    Where?
    Interestingly enough, I do have an apparent duplication on 27.11, like you. 17.11 is ok for me.

27 Nov 19 23:33 169.32 MB 0.00
    27 Nov 19 23:33 169.32 MB 0.00

I haven't tried totting up the figures to see if the duplication is included in the total usage.

I can't find details of usage anywhere in my account on gomo.ie - just on the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Lissavane wrote: »

I haven't tried totting up the figures to see if the duplication is included in the total usage.

I can't find details of usage anywhere in my account on gomo.ie - just on the bill.

My total is roughly the sum of all the lines, including the duplicated dates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Have my wife on gomo and was charged 18euro for premium texts. She has texted STOP to them now. Asked on chat could premium texts be blocked but they told me they couldn't. Is there any other way. I've told her not to just click on everything that comes up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Have my wife on gomo and was charged 18euro for premium texts. She has texted STOP to them now. Asked on chat could premium texts be blocked but they told me they couldn't. Is there any other way. I've told her not to just click on everything that comes up.

They are legally obliged to block all premium SMS if requested.

Quackster wrote: »
    They are legally obliged to block all premium SMS of requested.

Well told on chat they wouldn't. Will get back onto them in morning.

Well told on chat they wouldn't. Will get back onto them in morning.

Tell them you'll file a complaint with Comreg if they don't.

Just had a quick look at comreg site. Seems to be more a service that phone companies offer rather than mandatory regs. Am I missing something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

Today I noticed that GoMo will STOP selling their €9.99 per month for life offer no later than 08th January which is only weeks away. Just wondering if I buy a GoMo SIM, and stick it in my old unlocked mobile, will it go inactive if it is not topped up monthly or how exactly does their service work? Is GoMo regarded as a Pay-As-You-Go or Prepay Plan or is it a Bill Pay monthly deduction?

Hi it's bill pay so you will be charged 9.99 per month

• Advertisement

Hi anyone know what mms to email means on the bill. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Anyone know how to contact this lot? Repeated attempts via live chat have failed. Have sent messages via their website, no replies. I requested to cancel just within the allowed period but this month I’ve been billed again....they are literally stealing my money.

Have I any legal claim here? At this point I just want to stop them stealing money from my account.

yew_tree wrote: »
    Anyone know how to contact this lot? Repeated attempts via live chat have failed. Have sent messages via their website, no replies. I requested to cancel just within the allowed period but this month I’ve been billed again....they are literally stealing my money.

Have I any legal claim here? At this point I just want to stop them stealing money from my account.
    I suppose if you want to take drastic action to stop further payments, then you could delete your card details on your account and / or instruct your bank not to process any further direct debits. I'm not recommending you do so but it may be an option. If you want legal advice, go to a lawyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

yew_tree wrote: »

You are best to follow the advice provided on their website BEFORE you approach ComReg as they will only tell you to do so first otherwise.

According to the GoMo website, this is how the procedure should work:

GoMo Escalation Process

If you contact our care department with an issue our care representative will endeavour to provide you with a suitable response and where possible resolve the issue to your satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with the response/outcome you may request to have your issue escalated, at which point you will be provided with an internal case reference number.

If after this point, we are unable to resolve your issue or you remain dissatisfied you may request to log a complaint by emailing us at complaints@gomo.ie or by post at GoMo Complaints, eir Exchange, Roches Street, Limerick. Upon raising a complaint you will be contacted by a member of our Complaints Team within 48 hours and we will endeavour to resolve your complaint within 10 working days.

Above information was found on the following website link:
    https://gomo.ie/code-of-practice/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

LizardKing wrote: »
    I got my 2nd bill and its €10.06 .. I am being charged 7 cent extra for a premium sms or mms to some number I have no record of sending or receiving from ( 00282682273 - looks like its Chinese ) - I have contacted them to investigate. Anyone else seeing the 9.99 bill increase??

My bill was €10.22, was charged 23c for a call to 00441992632222 which I never made.

My bill was €10.22, was charged 23c for a call to 00441992632222 which I never made.
    Looks like a call to Tesco in Cardiff. Ever had dealings with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Looks like a call to Tesco in Cardiff. Ever had dealings with them?

No dealings with Tesco in Cardiff. I was with Tesco mobile before switching to GoMo.

No dealings with Tesco in Cardiff. I was with Tesco mobile before switching to GoMo.
    There have been reports on the Gomo threads here of users of certain phones, in particular iphones, having automated messages sent from their phones to foreign numbers as part of the porting process. I wonder could it be something like that?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

My bill was €9.99 and I had a couple of 1890 numbers on it which weren’t charged for.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    My bill was €9.99 and I had a couple of 1890 numbers on it which weren’t charged for.
    That's as indicated in the price list at page 2 here https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf They're charged as National Calls and therefore included in the unlimited package.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Aquos76 wrote: »

Just for info for anyone not aware of the changes since last month
    WHAT’S CHANGING?
    LOWER-COST OF CALLING NGNs
    From 1 December 2019, calls to 1850, 1890, 0818 and 076 NGNs will cost no more than calling a
    landline number and will be included in your bundle
    of call minutes if your bundle includes
    landline calls.

Consumers should note that all calls to these NGNs (including 1850) will be deducted
    from bundles on a per minute basis or in the absence of a bundle, charged on a per minute basis.

If you have any concerns in relation to your current price plan, check with your phone operator.

Calls to 1800 numbers from both landlines and mobiles are free.

https://www.comreg.ie/ngnreview/consumer/

Davy wrote: »
    Just for info for anyone not aware of the changes since last month

https://www.comreg.ie/ngnreview/consumer/

Yes. But Gomo seems to have applied the new regime from their October launch, rather than from 01 December, which is pretty decent, I think.

Hi anyone know what mms to email means on the bill. Thanks

Sending an MMS from your phone where the recipient is an email address rather than another phone number.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 longcock

Gomo webtext, anyone know if there are any plans to introduce webtext to their site. They seem to be the only provider not to offer this service.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

That's as indicated in the price list at page 2 here https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf They're charged as National Calls and therefore included in the unlimited package.

Actually they charged me €3.90 last month for calls to 1890 numbers, I had a bit of a battle with them over that exact document, eventually they conceded that that paragraph seemed to indicate that they were included as national calls, the subsequently credited me back the 3.90 and then gave me a further 3.90 of a discount on my bill also.

168-E7-B57-D6-C3-4-A95-ADDB-A6-F4-E8684-E66.png

EE13-DA2-C-209-B-4648-87-D3-47-EDBC6697-E2.png

Quackster wrote:
    Sending an MMS from your phone where the recipient is an email address rather than another phone number.

Thanks why would someone do that. It's a relative and not at all tech savvy so don't know what she was at.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭jace_da_face

I see I've been charged €2.46 for an SMS to 57117 - The Late Late Show. How could that charge be correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,527 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I see I've been charged €2.46 for an SMS to 57117 - The Late Late Show. How could that charge be correct?

Most of those premium texts are a few euro and a variable charge, depending on operator on top of it.
    I am assuming you sent the text in the first instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭jace_da_face

kippy wrote: »
    Most of those premium texts are a few euro and a variable charge, depending on operator on top of it.
    I am assuming you sent the text in the first instance.

Yes I sent the text but I don’t see that level of charge on their pricing. It looks beyond exorbitant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,527 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Yes I sent the text but I don’t see that level of charge on their pricing. It looks beyond exorbitant

https://servicechecker.comreg.ie/PR6814/RT__THE_LATE_LATE_SHOW_VIEWER_COMPETITION
    €2.00 goes to the LLS (nothing to do with GoMo)

GoMo must charge 0.46 on top of that - each operator will vary on the piece on top.
    For example: Vodafone charge 0.80 on top of the 2.00
    https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/bill-pay-plans/out-of-plan-charges.html

I'd assume these charges from GoMo are outlined here - maybe you are correct in that it is too high - contact them:
    https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

In fairness - to most premium rate messages - there is a fairly rigid disclaimer read out about the costs and potential costs.

Advertisement