Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

It's strange how the went full on with 5 ads in one ad break to basically nothing now. I haven't seen the ad in weeks anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 28 alexphoenix

My problem (until just now) was with Chrome, Firefox & Internet Explorer on my PC, and Firefox, on my phone. . It made no difference what browser I used!

I FINALLY FOUND A SOLUTION:

You have to visit your "account details" page FIRST

https://my.gomo.ie/offer

and then click the "move my number" link at the bottom left of that screen before you key in your details for porting your existing number to GoMo.
    It worked! :)

GoMo also ported my number over from Vodafone at 10AM today, on schedule.

Calls, texts and Voicemail are all working.

Hurrah! I'm a happy bunny now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,652 ✭✭✭shmeee

JTMan wrote: »
    Their website now mentions this.

Perhaps this means that they have now hit 100,000 customers and done a time limited extension to the offer.

They haven't hit 100,000 yet that's for sure. It's a large chunk to get in such a sort period. Tesco Mobile have about 400,000 "users" to put it into context.

This is just a stunt so they are back on many social media platforms news streams; Joe.ie, Buzz.ie etc and the talk is around again.

Huge market coming up now with many getting phones at Christmas so what better time to say they are finishing up.

Wouldn't be one bit surprised if we see a

"Extended due to phenomenal demand" message in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Tesco is not a fair benchmark.

Tesco never generated the buzz that GoMo has nor has Tesco offered the value that GoMo does.

When the Comreg stats come out for Q4 and we see port numbers to Eir, we will get a clearer picture.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I would assume this is just a marketing ploy to put themselves back in the shop window, it has died down a bit of late, not many ads on the telly or radio either, by doing this they are going after the new phones which will be purchased over the Christmas period.

That's exactly what it is. Christmas would be a prime switching period with folk getting new phones and being on holidays with time on their hands. Perfect time to push this again.

They'll have to take account of what the other networks do or don't do also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭zeebre12

It's a wonder no other provider has challenged GoMo with a similar offer yet. GoMo is very good if you don't live in a rural area where data coverage is crap.

zeebre12 wrote: »
    It's a wonder no other provider has challenged GoMo with a similar offer yet.

It's a catch 22 for the existing operators. Dammed if you do - help drag prices lower. Dammed if you don't - loose a chunk of your customers.

Three have being price matching for some customers. Virgin Media has resumed their 5 months for 5 EUR per month offer. Vodafone have offered unlimited calls/texts/data for 10 EUR per month for 6 months to selected customers only.

Also, at least 3 people have posted rumors that Three, possibly via 48, are going to launch a competitive offering.

But yeah nobody has really gone head to head with GoMo yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

shmeee wrote: »
    They haven't hit 100,000 yet that's for sure.

https://www.siliconrepublic.com/comms/gomo-introductory-offer-ends-january-2020

According to this article, it looks like they are now close to the 100,000 on the "for life" €9.99 offer - but a clever move to extend the offer to include the Christmas season, and then close it in January. I would expect the follow on offer to be something like €14.99 - which would still be very competitive vs the non-bundled alternatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

https://www.siliconrepublic.com/comms/gomo-introductory-offer-ends-january-2020

According to this article, it looks like they are now close to the 100,000 on the "for life" €9.99 offer - but a clever move to extend the offer to include the Christmas season, and then close it in January. I would expect the follow on offer to be something like €14.99 - which would still be very competitive vs the non-bundled alternatives.

If that is true and I have no reason to suspect it's not, then it's an extremely small % of people who experience problems in porting.
    I accept even one disgruntled customer is too much but it does put into perspective the complaints you see here and on their social media pages. :eek:

Independent article on the GoMo offer ending here https://m.independent.ie/business/technology/news/eir-to-withdraw-10-gomo-monthly-offer-in-january-after-hitting-100000-customers-38745715.html

They are also reporting that GoMo are just under 100k customers. They have taken 2% of the market in 2 months. Phenomenal start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭MackDeToaster

Cannot see a webchat icon no matter what I do (tried several different browsers, Firefox, Vivaldi, Chromium).

Anyways, I had ported a Tesco number over several weeks ago no issue. Ported a second number (Vodafone) recently, but it went over on the first sim (I remember clicking back in the browser at this point and it must've reset to the first sim in the list). I had thrown out the original Tesco sim since the port had worked, and now I cannot get a verification to resend it. Is this possible or is that number lost ?

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭joebre

By click "go back" do GoMo mean the browser back button or a link inside the order that sends you back?

Another trick is apparently it works when using Safari on an iPhone (not desktop).

This sorted me out as could not "Confirm" on my Mac.
    Port happened very easily after that.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Cannot see a webchat icon no matter what I do (tried several different browsers, Firefox, Vivaldi, Chromium).

Anyways, I had ported a Tesco number over several weeks ago no issue. Ported a second number (Vodafone) recently, but it went over on the first sim (I remember clicking back in the browser at this point and it must've reset to the first sim in the list). I had thrown out the original Tesco sim since the port had worked, and now I cannot get a verification to resend it. Is this possible or is that number lost ?

No, you've ported the Vodafone number onto the same SIM that you had previously ported your Tesco number. That would have erased the Tesco number and it wouldn't have gone back onto the Tesco SIM. It's gone into the recycling pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Blueandgold88

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue? I ported my number last Saturday. I am able to make calls and have full data but when somebody rings me it says that my number isn't recognised and I can't receive the call. Got through to live chat and they said they will def fix it in 5 working days but I hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Just wondering if anyone has had this issue? I ported my number last Saturday. I am able to make calls and have full data but when somebody rings me it says that my number isn't recognised and I can't receive the call. Got through to live chat and they said they will def fix it in 5 working days but I hold my breath.
    Did you check that the phone number of the SIM you received and ported to matched the number that appeared on your Gomo account?
    When you call someone, does the number you ported over to Gomo appear on their caller id?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭raemie10

My 18mth contract with three mobile ended in October thankfully :)
    I used webchat to see if I could get three to give me €10pm to match gomo.
    They tried first of all to get me to upgrade my phone, then said best they could do would be €15pm then when I said I’d like to cancel was finally offered €10pm :)
    I would be paying €30pm otherwise and I was limited to a certain amount of texts/phone calls etc.

Delighted.
    My husband is locked into his 3 contract for another year so preferably want to be on the same provider as him.

Got the below email with ‘GoMo EUR10 SIMO Save Offer’ as email subject.

Thank you for your recent order.
    We're really delighted that you chose Three, we'll do our best to make it worth your while!
    The following order has been confirmed.

Order Number:

NA

# of Devices:

N/A

Device cost:

EUR 0.00

Admin charge:

EUR 0.00

Price plan:

3 Unlimited Flex Max SIMO
    Monthly Line Rental EUR 10.00 for 12 months (EUR 30/month thereafter)
    30 day contract

Temporary Discounts:

12 Month discount applies

Add Ons:

All You Can Eat Data Service - ROI EUR 0.00

Deposit:

No Deposit Required

Billing Address:

NA

Delivery Address:

NA

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Blueandgold88

Lissavane wrote:
    Did you check that the phone number of the SIM you received and ported to matched the number that appeared on your Gomo account? When you call someone, does the number you ported over to Gomo appear on their caller id?

Didn't check at the time but the number I have ported to is the one on the gomo account now. When I call someone the number I ported to comes up on their caller id. Everything works perfect except receiving calls

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Independent article on the GoMo offer ending here https://m.independent.ie/business/technology/news/eir-to-withdraw-10-gomo-monthly-offer-in-january-after-hitting-100000-customers-38745715.html

They are also reporting that GoMo are just under 100k customers. They have taken 2% of the market in 2 months. Phenomenal start.

Certainly is.

Have hit the 100K customer mark and extending the "offer" through January.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

And I still have not been billed yet. Dec 8th I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

I got my 2nd bill and its €10.06 .. I am being charged 7 cent extra for a premium sms or mms to some number I have no record of sending or receiving from ( 00282682273 - looks like its Chinese ) - I have contacted them to investigate. Anyone else seeing the 9.99 bill increase??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭leche solara

My 2nd bill is 9.99 the same as the last one. No extra charges. Two things I did notice - data used on 31st October is included on latest bill although it says it is for usdage period 01 Nov 19 - 30 Nov 19.

Usage period 01 Nov 19 - 30 Nov 19
    Monthly charge period 01 Dec 19 - 31 Dec 19

At the top of the bill it says: Find all the details of your usage on my.gomo.ie

There is no my.gomo.ie, it redirects to mygomo.ie, and there is nowhere that I can see data usage on the gomo site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Gooser14

There is no my.gomo.ie, it redirects to mygomo.ie, and there is nowhere that I can see data usage on the gomo site

My.gomo.ie should take you to the login screen for your GoMo account. Once you login you should find a copy of your itemised bills. Perhaps you haven't registered for your GoMo account yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Gooser14

LizardKing wrote:
    I got my 2nd bill and its €10.06 .. I am being charged 7 cent extra for a premium sms or mms to some number I have no record of sending or receiving from ( 00282682273 - looks like its Chinese ) - I have contacted them to investigate. Anyone else seeing the 9.99 bill increase??

No. Mine came in at 9.99. I had no calls to 1850,1890, 1818 or 076 numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,476 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Gooser14 wrote: »
    My.gomo.ie should take you to the login screen for your GoMo account. Once you login you should find a copy of your itemised bills. Perhaps you haven't registered for your GoMo account yet.

Indeed, the data used in the billing period is on the bill.

I think a lot of people are looking for near enough "real time" how much data have I used in order to ensure they dont breach the cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 buzz77

Gooser14 wrote: »
    No. Mine came in at 9.99. I had no calls to 1850,1890, 1818 or 076 numbers.

They didn't charge the texts to activate iMessage. Nice!

International SMS
    Number To Quantity €
    00447786205094 United Kingdom 1 0.00

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rumplestiltskin

Hi all, Just wondering can anybody tell me how long it takes for the activation code to arrive on your old SIM before porting?
    i have been retrying for the last hour but getting no code. Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭DopeTech

SMS to other networks seems to be down. I assume everyone is the same? On network SMS seems to work fine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    SMS to other networks seems to be down. I assume everyone is the same? On network SMS seems to work fine.

Have you tested different numbers rather than just 1 person?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Apologies if this particular query was already answered earlier in the thread or elsewhere. If so, please direct me to the link...

I decided to avail of a special Black Friday Offer promotion on 02/12/2019 on Vodafone.ie that gave €100 Off Samsung Galaxy A20e mobile handset for €49.99 as I was switching from another mobile network and bringing my existing number to Vodafone. I had scheduled that my mobile number would be porting on 22/12/2019 (so that I use up any remaining credit with my outgoing network first) when I was processing the order on the Vodafone website yesterday.

Today I noticed that GoMo will STOP selling their €9.99 per month for life offer no later than 08th January which is only weeks away. Just wondering if I buy a GoMo SIM, and stick it in my old unlocked mobile, will it go inactive if it is not topped up monthly or how exactly does their service work? Is GoMo regarded as a Pay-As-You-Go or Prepay Plan or is it a Bill Pay monthly deduction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Davy wrote: »
    Have you tested different numbers rather than just 1 person?

Yes

Advertisement