Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 longcock

Ian010 wrote: »
    Has the GoMo Tariff Guide been updated to reflect the new arrangements for 1850, 1890, 076 and 0818 numbers that should have taken effect on 1 December 2019?

https://gomo.ie/pricing/

All Eir's Tariffs have been updated to reflect the new rates, this includes GoMo

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ian010

longcock wrote: »
    All Eir's Tariffs have been updated to reflect the new rates, this includes GoMo
    The link in my previous post immediately above leads to a GoMo Tariff Guide PDF that is clearly out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

longcock wrote:

Have you got a link to the updated GoMo price list? I can't find any reference on their website reflecting the changes which were to come into effect on 1/12/19.

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Have you got a link to the updated GoMo price list? I can't find any reference on their website reflecting the changes which were to come into effect on 1/12/19.

You don't need a link, it is a legal directive from comreg that all Telco operators in the Republic of Ireland treat 0818, 076, 1850 & 1890 as local calls so if local calls are included in you package as with GoMo then they are included and will NOT be charged for outside of your bundle

You don't need a link, it is a legal directive from comreg that all Telco operators in the Republic of Ireland treat 0818, 076, 1850 & 1890 as local calls so if local calls are included in you package as with GoMo then they are included and will NOT be charged for outside of your bundle
    ... and that information should be reflected in the Tariff Guide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Lissavane

Has the GoMo Tariff Guide been updated to reflect the new arrangements for 1850, 1890, 076 and 0818 numbers that should have taken effect on 1 December 2019?

https://gomo.ie/pricing/
    ... and that information should be reflected in the Tariff Guide.
    It seems you knew the answer before you asked the question. Take it up with Gomo or Comreg.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

No it doesn't give go "free" calls to any EEA COUNTRIES. TERMS AND CONDITIONS 6.5 gives a clear explanation of this

Unfortunately, you are totally and utterly WRONG!!

Ten Pin posted a clear explanation taken from the European Commission's official website and GoMo T&C 6.5 is absolutely in line with this.

When roaming in any EEA country, standard (non-premium) calls/texts to any EEA country are regulated and must be charged as per domestic tariffs. If you have a domestic inclusive allowance, they have to be deducted from that allowance.

When roaming in any EEA country, calls/texts to anywhere outside the EEA are not regulated and the networks can charge what they like for these calls.

Quackster wrote: »
    Unfortunately, you are totally and utterly WRONG!!

Ten Pin posted a clear explanation taken from the European Commission's official website and GoMo T&C 6.5 is absolutely in line with this.

When roaming in any EEA country, standard (non-premium) calls/texts to any EEA country are regulated and must be charged as per domestic tariffs. If you have a domestic inclusive allowance, they have to be deducted from that allowance.

When roaming in any EEA country, calls/texts to anywhere outside the EEA are not regulated and the networks can charge what they like for these calls.

I was going to try and explain that you are misinterpreting the Terms and Conditions but you obviously don't have the IQ to understand plain English. I'm not participating in this topic any longer.

I was going to try and explain that you are misinterpreting the Terms and Conditions but you obviously don't have the IQ to understand plain English. I'm not participating in this topic any longer.

Wow. You are really embarrassing yourself at this stage!

Did you read the official European Commission explanatory that Ten Pin posted earlier? It's pretty easy to understand, no..??

I hope anyone reading this thread isn't confused by the incorrect information that you have posted here.

Roaming in EU and EEA member states and territories in plain English

When roaming in any EU or EEA member state or territory, calls to any landline or mobile numbers in any of the EU or EEA member states and territories will be charged the same as you would pay to call an Irish landline or mobile number from Ireland and included in allowances on the same basis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Simmer down

I got my number ported over from eir this morning. Put in my gomo sim, all good, except mobile data is not working.

Anyone know what I need to do to get mobile data connected?

Samsung phone.

Edit: Got it sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭dollylama

Roaming in EU and EEA member states and territories in plain English

When roaming in any EU or EEA member state or territory, calls to any landline or mobile numbers in any of the EU or EEA member states and territories will be charged the same as you would pay to call an Irish landline or mobile number from Ireland and included in allowances on the same basis.

So if I'm in the Republic and call the North, I'm charged about 30c a minute but if I go into the North and call the North, it's free as Irish calls are free on gomo?! Or if I'm in the North and call France, Spain or any other EU country, it's free?

dollylama wrote: »
    So if I'm in the Republic and call the North, I'm charged about 30c a minute but if I go into the North and call the North, it's free as Irish calls are free on gomo?! Or if I'm in the North and call France, Spain or any other EU country, it's free?

That's exactly correct.

Calls/texts from your home country to other EEA countries are not included under the roaming regulations as it's obviously not roaming.

However, in May this year, the EC introduced a separate regulation covering international calls/texts from one's home country to elsewhere in the EEA. Calls are now capped at 19c ex VAT and texts at 6c ex VAT and it is intended, as was the case with roaming, that these rates will be brought down over the course of a few years and eventually bright into line with domestic rates and allowances.

For the roaming part, so far so good.

If, however, you are being charged 30c per minute for calls from South to North, your provider is in breach of a different EU Directive. The cost of calls from your home country to some other EU member state or territory must not exceed 19c per minute.

For the roaming part, so far so good.

If, however, you are being charged 30c per minute for calls from South to North, your provider is in breach of a different EU Directive. The cost of calls from your home country to some other EU member state or territory must not exceed 19c per minute.

My last GoMo bill had 24.01 minutes of "International Calls" which cost €8.13. To my knowledge, all these calls were to Northern mobiles and landlines and made from the Republic. So GoMo are charging me approx 33c / minute for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

My last GoMo bill had 24.01 minutes of "International Calls" which cost €8.13. To my knowledge, all these calls were to Northern mobiles and landlines and made from the Republic. So GoMo are charging me approx 33c / minute for them

Did you dial NI numbers with 048 or 004428 prefix?

Ten Pin wrote: »
    It shouldn't make any difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

It shouldn't make any difference.

I agree that it shouldn't but the networks have been known to take advantage of any potential loophole in Comreg regulations to increase revenue...NGN call charges are evidence of that.

Just 2 posts from Vodafone that illustrate their policy on NI calls...the info in the posts contradict each other...
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/99745211
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfpost/109521146

The questions are...

- which prefix are people using and does the prefix listed on the bill match the actual prefix dialled (048 vs 004428)

- what (if any) extra charges are being applied for 048 calls

- if there are extra 048 charges on the bill, are they at international rate or national rate (the international rate is cheaper)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭KildareP

Per minute billing applies rather than per second.
    If you are ringing an NI landline use 048 - that’s a national call (included in allowances) - rather than +4428 - that’s an international call and billed extra.
    There is no such alternate access number for mobiles.

Ten Pin wrote: »

Just checked, all calls were to mobiles which show as United Kingdom and are +44

GoMo charge a minimum of 0.23 cent a minute for these, even if the call is only 1 second calls. I think the 34c / minute I'm calculating is due to the number of sub-minute calls being charged the full minute. Texts to UK are 7c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭OL16

Since i ported to GoMo several people have told me they cannot phone me. Does not connect.
    I think the problem is with Vodaphone numbers trying to ring me.
    Very annoying.
    Anyone else got this issue?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

There’s a number of lads I work with with Vodafone and they have no issues calling me on GoMo. This has come up a few times before and I’ve made it a point of asking these lads to let me know it they have been trying to call me and not getting through.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Jeff2

OL16 wrote: »
    Since i ported to GoMo several people have told me they cannot phone me. Does not connect.
    I think the problem is with Vodaphone numbers trying to ring me.
    Very annoying.
    Anyone else got this issue?

When this GoMo offer started I had two phones on Vodafone.
    I switched one to GoMo to check it and all was good between both phones but could have changed since.

I'm just surmising it's Vodaphone?
    I'm not certain.
    My wife is with Three can phone me no problem.
    However at least 4 people have told me they cannot get through to my number since I ported to GoMo. My phone does not ring at all. However they can text me.
    I don't know what is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Don't to be smart but I save my long time number from things going wrong with this.

And glad I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mafitz

Just ported over from Vodafone today from a bill plan, no issues at all, everything went like clockwork. Chatted to GoMo help desk as I got my dates wrong and very professional response, delighted

Aquos76 wrote: »
    There’s a number of lads I work with with Vodafone and they have no issues calling me on GoMo. This has come up a few times before and I’ve made it a point of asking these lads to let me know it they have been trying to call me and not getting through.

Contacted GoMo customer support and they said..

"Vodafone are working on this issue (i.e that I thought I wasn't getting calls from Vodaphone numbers)

Sorry for any inconvenience caused and i hope this helped your query.

Kind Regards
    GoMo Team"

Which basically means go away and don't be annoying us......... (IMO).

OL16 wrote: »
    Contacted GoMo customer support and they said..

"Vodafone are working on this issue (i.e that I thought I wasn't getting calls from Vodaphone numbers)

Sorry for any inconvenience caused and i hope this helped your query.

Kind Regards
    GoMo Team"

Which basically means go away and don't be annoying us......... (IMO).

Got through to WebChat (more helpful). They think it is an routing issue with Vodaphone and are trying to sort it (within next 48 hrs).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Moved into a new house which has no internet at the minute and won't be for the foreseeable future. I'm already with GoMo but thinking about ordering another sim for SkyQ box and Netflix and YouTube? Would 80gb a month be enough?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,465 ✭✭✭✭kippy

James__10 wrote: »
    Moved into a new house which has no internet at the minute and won't be for the foreseeable future. I'm already with GoMo but thinking about ordering another sim for SkyQ box and Netflix and YouTube? Would 80gb a month be enough?

It depends how much you watch of each per month and on what devices you use to watch them but I would think it wouldn't be an option.
    Get a SIM with a higher data allowance

Advertisement