Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo FAQs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭jace_da_face

kippy wrote: »
    https://servicechecker.comreg.ie/PR6814/RT__THE_LATE_LATE_SHOW_VIEWER_COMPETITION
    €2.00 goes to the LLS (nothing to do with GoMo)

GoMo must charge 0.46 on top of that - each operator will vary on the piece on top.
    For example: Vodafone charge 0.80 on top of the 2.00
    https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/bill-pay-plans/out-of-plan-charges.html

I'd assume these charges from GoMo are outlined here - maybe you are correct in that it is too high - contact them:
    https://gomo.ie/wp-content/uploads/mobile_pt12.2-3.pdf

In fairness - to most premium rate messages - there is a fairly rigid disclaimer read out about the costs and potential costs.

That would explain it. Good work. I won’t be txting the late late again. You could understand €1 , or even €1.50 maybe for such a premium but €2.46 , nah.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Yes I sent the text but I don’t see that level of charge on their pricing. It looks beyond exorbitant
    Take that up with the LLS. They display the pricing for entering and your are responsible for it, not your operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MunsterM

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I got my first bill today, I mostly use it in a USB modem.
    In the data usage section, I notice 2 repeated dates, i.e. the same date listed twice with the same amount of data.
    17 Nov 19 23:55 9.61 GB 0.00
    17 Nov 19 23:55 9.61 GB 0.00

27 Nov 19 20:03 2.63 GB 0.00
    27 Nov 19 20:03 2.63 GB 0.00

Anybody else getting this?

?

I've also got a duplicate entry for 27 Nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭marsbar1

I can't see any usage on mygomo on the website.

I was charged a billing period from 1st Nov to 31st and €9.99, but I didn't activate the sim until the 18th Nov. How does that work? Should I have been billed a partial month not the full €9.99 or the bill date should have run 18th Nov to 18th Dec ish?

I have also got duplicate data usages on the bill on the 24th and 27th Nov

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

A quick question. I ordered a SIM on Sunday, and the status on the website for the order has changed to Completed. Does this just indicate it's been dispatched or should it have been delivered?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Bikerman2019

marsbar1 wrote: »
    I can't see any usage on mygomo on the website.

I was charged a billing period from 1st Nov to 31st and €9.99, but I didn't activate the sim until the 18th Nov. How does that work? Should I have been billed a partial month not the full €9.99 or the bill date should have run 18th Nov to 18th Dec ish?

I have also got duplicate data usages on the bill on the 24th and 27th Nov

They call it an activation fee. It just so happens this "activation fee" also covers useage for the period from when they send it out.

So if you get it on the 4th, or on the 24th, there is no charge, its just the activation fee, which covers until the bill run around the 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I've received my card today but realised I put the wrong email in when registering. I cannot verify my account now and can't seem to contact them either. Is there anyway I can change this?

Also, do they continue taking the money out of my account even though I have not verified my account?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭Jeff2

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    I've received my card today but realised I put the wrong email in when registering. I cannot verify my account now and can't seem to contact them either. Is there anyway I can change this?

Also, do they continue taking the money out of my account even though I have not verified my account?
    Your wrong email should have a way to recover it if its yours.

It would be best to cancel the card used if to pay in my opinion if you can't sort that out.

I know they take money for cards that has a sim that is not activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Kurtosis wrote: »
    A quick question. I ordered a SIM on Sunday, and the status on the website for the order has changed to Completed. Does this just indicate it's been dispatched or should it have been delivered?

Their website is bad and mine was in process well after I got it and ported.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 2,881 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kurtosis

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Their website is bad and mine was in process well after I got it and ported.

Cheers for that. I'd heard the site was very slow to be update the status. My concern is that if it's been updated to "Completed" that it may have been delivered to the wrong address or something. I'll give them a shout on Twitter today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 donalmoore

Keep getting this message cant get any assistances from gomo. Phone number is VF monthly prepaid.

Is there noone in customer service

someone contact me to help been trying since october 24th no! We tried to move your number to our network but the number was not available from the network you selected. See our FAQs at gomo.ie/joining-getting-started-with-gomo/#move-number on what to do next and how to complete your move. That's it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭JTMan

The GoMo customer service has got better. Have you tried to send a DM to GoMo on Twitter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭statto25

Anyone seeing an issue when going from H or H+ to 4G?
    It's like I am swapping from one mast/base station to another but it holds the current connection rather than improving. I've to turn off mobile data and back on to resolve. It's a PITA especially when in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 18,472 ✭✭✭✭kippy

statto25 wrote: »
    Anyone seeing an issue when going from H or H+ to 4G?
    It's like I am swapping from one mast/base station to another but it holds the current connection rather than improving. I've to turn off mobile data and back on to resolve. It's a PITA especially when in the car

Not had that issue that I can see. What phone are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭statto25

Not had that issue that I can see. What phone are you using?

A Note 8. I've both APNs setup but doesn't make a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I've not noticed. I'd say the signal strength is a bit more unstable in that it changes signal strength the same location for no apparent reason.

More than with other networks. That said I've had a dual sim for a while and I noticed both sims are regularly at different signals strengths, with other networks also.

GoMo is a little worse generally. But sometimes its better.

Not causing me any issues anyway.

Jeff2 wrote: »
    Your wrong email should have a way to recover it if its yours.

It would be best to cancel the card used if to pay in my opinion if you can't sort that out.

I know they take money for cards that has a sim that is not activated.
    Surprisingly got it sorted today with customer service on Facebook, they
    re entered correct email address now can register and get phone ported.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭xraylady

That happened to me too. Chat said having problems with hotmail. Some not receiving verification emails. I had to use other email account. Setting someone up soon that has no other account - so will have to see..
    Some people seem to have no problem with their hotmail accounts but chat have acknowledged that problem for some .

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

That would explain it. Good work. I won’t be txting the late late again. You could understand €1 , or even €1.50 maybe for such a premium but €2.46 , nah.

Has it never crossed your mind how the Late-Late and the others, GAA, IRFU, etc., actually get the money for the 'prize'?? :eek:

New card, every time i turn off phone and back on , "sim locked", i have to put in code, anyway around this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

New card, every time i turn off phone and back on , "sim locked", i have to put in code, anyway around this?

Turn off sim lock in your phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

SCOOP 64 wrote:

Remove the SIM lock in settings should be under security I think

whats sim network unlock pin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

SCOOP 64 wrote:

It's on the packaging your SIM came in and also can be found on the gomo site when you log in

The SIM network unlock PIN, despite what it appears to be is not a PIN associated with the SIM.

Essentially this usually happens when you have a phone that is network locked, and you've inputted the network unlock code incorrectly a set number of times.

The phone then starts looking for a second "Unfreeze" code which you can only get from the network operator it is locked to. You may need to explain to the network operator in no uncertain terms what has happened (you've entered the network unlock code incorectly too many times.)

Seen this on a Samsung phone in the past.
    https://www.unlockunit.com/blog/sim-network-pin-blocked-enter-sim-network-puk/

The SIM network unlock PIN, despite what it appears to be is not a PIN associated with the SIM.

Essentially this usually happens when you have a phone that is network locked, and you've inputted the network unlock code incorrectly a set number of times.

The phone then starts looking for a second "Unfreeze" code which you can only get from the network operator it is locked to. You may need to explain to the network operator in no uncertain terms what has happened (you've entered the network unlock code incorectly too many times.)

Seen this on a Samsung phone in the past.
    https://www.unlockunit.com/blog/sim-network-pin-blocked-enter-sim-network-puk/

Yeah thought phone was unlocked, but it is locked to vodafone.

Yeah thought phone was unlocked, but it is locked to vodafone.

Yeah,
    it can be confusing, and as I said I have seen it happen in the past. Depending on who you get on the other end of the support call you may have to explain it fairly well as they will initially tell you it's the SIM card thats the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Baoithin66

I put a gomo sim in a 3G modem and it wouldn’t work until I changed the apn from broadband.mymeteor.ie to data.mymeteor.ie. Does anyone know if there could be out of bundle charges for using it in a modem and with a different apn than it uses by default?

Hi how did you set the apn? did you have to put it in a phone and change the apn and then move to the modem??

Yeah,
    it can be confusing, and as I said I have seen it happen in the past. Depending on who you get on the other end of the support call you may have to explain it fairly well as they will initially tell you it's the SIM card thats the issue.

Think i have a bigger problem then that ,after trying puk codes and other code thinking this is what it was requesting the phone is now hard locked as i just found out on line you only have 5 attempts at it before its hard locked, so even a unlock code from vodafone will now not work.
    (sony experia xa1), looks like i have ruin my phone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Hi how did you set the apn? did you have to put it in a phone and change the apn and then move to the modem??

Depends on the modem but when it's plugged in to a PC/laptop, open browser and navigate to the modem settings which is accessed by entering...

http://192.168.1.1

...in the address bar.

Advertisement