Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir GoMo - €9.99/month SIM only (unlimited calls, texts and 80GB data, 10Gb EU Roam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

Received sim card and the pin/puk provided won't work! Set porting for 8am this morning so old sim is now out of action and stuck in limbo with a sim card I can't access! Stuck with a "Hello! Next available customer representative will be with you shortly." message the last few hours with no response as of yet..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭bromley52

reni10 wrote: »
    Port has not gone through and no way to cancel it and cannot get onto their web chat.

Anyone else having problems with porting?

Yes keeps failing due to a port in progress even though there is no port detailed on the website. I have the SIM since 09.30 yesterday morning.
    I'm bill pay SIM only with eir

Iv just opened up chat but from the looks of the last number of posts it's a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I spoke to someone a little while ago called Courtney who said they're having issues with porting today so to hold off for a few hours.
    Maybe thats why some of you are having issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭bromley52

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Popped the GoMo SIM into my dual SIM Note 10 Plus and have it set for SMS, calls and data. All seems OK so far, will hold off a while to port. But I did notice a new WiFi Calling toggle in the settings that appeared as soon as I set the SIM up for SMS, calls and data, has anyone else noticed this? What is Wifi calling anyhow?

Thanks,
    M

Wifi calling uses your home router to make calls/text instead of the nearby mast or lack there of.
    As gomo are using the eir network WiFi calling will appear in settings. Unfortunately it will not work for gomo if you turn it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Number changed at 9 this morning in just a few mins and was all set using now with 4G seems really good so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

How did you do that?

Login,account details

port date was set for tomorrow changed date and time for today

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

So was anyone else able to sign up using revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

bromley52 wrote: »
    Wifi calling uses your home router to make calls/text instead of the nearby mast or lack there of.
    As gomo are using the eir network WiFi calling will appear in settings. Unfortunately it will not work for gomo if you turn it on.

Any idea if it will ever work? Sounds handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    So was anyone else able to sign up using revolut?

Look > here <

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

27.5 hours of 'porting' and I still could not receive calls or texts, with the long weekend coming up, I decided to bail - I ported back into Three, it took exactly 1 hour and I was online with data, calls and text from the moment the new sim was inserted, the port was seamless (a quick restart after the text arrived), and I'm washing my hands of this customer service nightmare. The only 'help' I got via online chat, twitter, facebook was to 'wait a few more hours as the port is still ongoing'. No 'hmm, a port should not take over a day to complete let us take a closer look to see whats up', no 'this doesn't sound right, we'll pass this on to our technical team', nope just 'please wait some more', 'we have no idea how long this might take but just wait and it'll complete at some point [hopefully]...'
    so Thanks Gomo, you were worth a shot, but not for me, I'm already gone and finally back online!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 stephenw105

I'm trying GoMo on a spare phone, Poor data experience so far. I'm in rural Meath with no fixed broadband. GoMo 4g works fine in the evening/night but around midday goes to H and 3g and can't connect to sites. Up and down. Get max 10mb/s to 0 at midday. Currently with Tesco and can't fault them one bit, sometimes getting over 100mb/s at night down to about 10mb/s midday and always connects. Have Vodafone mobile broadband also and while not as fast as Tesco its still reliable. I'm guessing Eir putting Eir users first and pushing GoMo to the back of the Q especially at busy times like school lunchtimes. Also unable to see any details online about your usage so not able to avoid going over limits. GoMo only contactable by email and i haven't received any response about how i can see my usage online.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

I signed up last 18 October and I have still not got the sim. At the time, I set the port date to tomorrow 25 October. I cannot change the port date online nor does it display 25 October. Does that mean that the port date can be redefined but only once I receive the sim? Sorry probably a basic question but just want to be safe. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I cant seem to send them a message getting an error, does anyone know how you can check the usage of your data cant see anything on the website about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rebelArt2018

Guys, anymore experience with this GoMo, I'm happy with tesco, but wouldnt mind trying when contract up, hearing terrible report on that gomo though

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Is anyone having issues using data? My number ported this morning. Calls and texts working fine. Are there internet settings that need to be downloaded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Guys, anymore experience with this GoMo, I'm happy with tesco, but wouldnt mind trying when contract up, hearing terrible report on that gomo though

Most of the reviews I've read on here have been positive enough and I've trawled through the entire thread, I'm due to port my number tomorrow morning so hopefully that goes ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I'll be testing the data a lot this evening once I get out of work!!

jonnny68 wrote: »
    Most of the reviews I've read on here have been positive enough and I've trawled through the entire thread, I'm due to port my number tomorrow morning so hopefully that goes ok.

ok Jonnny68, appreciate it a lot when you test can you post if you are happy? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

I ordered my SIM late last Thursday night, got it this morning. Have been using the internet all day, getting download speeds between 30Mbps and 40Mbps in Salthill. 8701344886.png
    I changed my port to tomorrow morning. Can any one give me any reason why I shouldn't do it so quickly? I'm with Lycamobile which runs out tomorrow at midnight anyway. I cancelled the autorenew of my 15e which I was paying every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Just got these speeds here at work (Conygham Road beside the Phoenix Park)!

Far above what I was getting on Three!

Will pop the 2nd SIM in my Huawei router this evening when I'm at home (Red Cow) and will report back.

Thanks,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

I switched from Tesco last Thursday, have no problems yet, I did get caught with sending MMS messages as they are 30 cent each just use WhatsApp instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,680 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Been using it all week and no issues at all. My biggest problem is trying to sort out billing issues with Eir (again!) but that's a different story :)

GoMo has been perfect for me so far (Dublin/Kildare)

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Been using it all week and no issues at all. My biggest problem is trying to sort out billing issues with Eir (again!) but that's a different story :)

GoMo has been perfect for me so far (Dublin/Kildare)

wow, great to see, I wonder if gomo billing be solid, many thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 41 stephenw105

I'm with Tesco too and they are excellent where i am in rural meath. Trying GoMo on a spare phone and its pretty bad for data. I'm tethering using my phone as a hotspot and can work from home and watch Netflix on TV with Tesco. No chance on GoMo, data keeps dropping on me and losing connection to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 PantlessNoodle

Hey guys im going to use a gomo sim on my three unlocked phone, if i use the sim will the phone be locked to gomo / eir ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

It'll stay unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

lighthouse wrote: »
    I ordered my SIM late last Thursday night, got it this morning. Have been using the internet all day, getting download speeds between 30Mbps and 40Mbps in Salthill. 8701344886.png
    I changed my port to tomorrow morning. Can any one give me any reason why I shouldn't do it so quickly? I'm with Lycamobile which runs out tomorrow at midnight anyway. I cancelled the autorenew of my 15e which I was paying every month.

How did you change you port date?
    When I try and enter my number I get "Port details already captured and in progress for this number".
    I've even canceled my port for next week as it said I could reschedule, but when I try to reschedule I just get the same message.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Ordered a SIM last Friday evening, still saying "In progress" :-/. Was hoping to have it in time for the bank holiday...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pat1981

Ported my numbers over to gomo from vm Wednesday. The porting process took 25 hours. Must say delighted so far, will save me 30e p/m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Gooser14

byrnefm wrote:
    Ordered a SIM last Friday evening, still saying "In progress" :-/. Was hoping to have it in time for the bank holiday...

Same here. Contacted them on chat this morning & they said that due to high demand the current delivery timeframe is 10 working days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement