Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Ewe should all be ashamed of yourselves, I can't ram that home hard enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Won't you all fleece think of the children.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Th I bought a blouse last week, it was posted on Friday by standard post, and I received it this morning. From America!

Also TH my purple rose is covered in flower buds and I have a pot of mini daffodils flowering like tiny golden stars on my kitchen worktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Had a 6 month checkup this morning and got to hear the wee girls heartbeat on the Doppler. Once you hear it, it's so addictive. I'm like a junkie, waiting for my next scan/ Doppler fix :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

New Home wrote: »
    Well, so what?! I got to pet a baby lamb, on Saturday. All of three days old. Obvs, I win. So there. :pac::pac::pac:

Awww, takes me back to the day my then neighbour arrived at my door with twin orphan lambs whose mother had died.. when he came back with the feed, I was sitting on the floor with one sucking each thumb.... they were still wet from birth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Antares35 wrote:
    Had a 6 month checkup this morning and got to hear the wee girls heartbeat on the Doppler. Once you hear it, it's so addictive. I'm like a junkie, waiting for my next scan/ Doppler fix

You can buy your own Doppler for cheap enough....to feed your addiction like :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Checking the cinema listings for Friday in search of an interesting film

Ghosteen wrote: »
    You can buy your own Doppler for cheap enough....to feed your addiction like :pac:

I have resisted so far because I heard from others that it can become all consuming, and you end up checking all the time and driving yourself mad if you have difficulties finding it! :D

Antares35 wrote:
    I have resisted so far because I heard from others that it can become all consuming, and you end up checking all the time and driving yourself mad if you have difficulties finding it!

That is true too. Is this your first child? I found the first time you hear the heartbeat quite emotional.

• Advertisement

That is true too. Is this your first child? I found the first time you hear the heartbeat quite emotional.

Second pregnancy but first child yes. I had a loss last year and I didn't realise how much I was expecting the worst until I actually heard the heartbeat at 9 weeks. Cried at that one! Managed to keep it together for all the subsequent ones but it is still pretty overwhelming :)

Is it bedtime? If it is bedtime I am happy but not unless it IS bedtime ….

Antares35 wrote:
    Second pregnancy but first child yes. I had a loss last year and I didn't realise how much I was expecting the worst until I actually heard the heartbeat at 9 weeks. Cried at that one! Managed to keep it together for all the subsequent ones but it is still pretty overwhelming

Ah sorry to hear what happened with your first pregnancy Antare. I wish you all the luck in the world with this child. And congratulations.

Ah sorry to hear what happened with your first pregnancy Antare. I wish you all the luck in the world with this child. And congratulations.

Thank you. TH the kindness of internet strangers! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

My asd son (7) was always a bit of a handful when it came to me brushing his teeth so I decided to try him with an electric toothbrush; turned out to be the best idea as he loves brushing them now and will do it all by himself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Really lovely post js35

Sitting classroom side smiling at a beautiful thank you card from a charming Grandad who attended Grandparents' Day. I love thank you cards as they help beautiful memories linger a little longer. Work can be challenging at times but this is what I refer to as "a little win".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Staying in my sister's for a few days and Th hearing my favourite little biyeen coming down the stairs this morning and he calling my name repeatedly 😃 :3 and yesterday when he came home from crèche my sister told me he was saying my name repeatedly and singing happy birthday to me 😃 (my birthday isn't until April 24th ;) ) and when he came in he gave me the biggest smile and then the two us went mental running the kitchen island with his pull along toys and he was following me everywhere I went and my pull along train kept toppling over and he'd say then "uh oh unle" and fix it for me 😃

Even though bitterly cold, there was no gale and no rain so a short very early walk was enabled.. Four of the cats came along; one was very upset he missed out when we got home and the sixth was.... otherwise engaged.. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Comfortable runners.

A good nights sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Lovely Spring days like today.
    To be able to start with a long walk in the crispy frosty air and then to paint a shed, have coffee sitting in the garden while looking at a blanket of snowdrops with even a daffodil or two opening their flowers. Sheer bliss.

Lovely Spring days like today.
    To be able to start with a long walk in the crispy frosty air and then to paint a shed, have coffee sitting in the garden while looking at a blanket of snowdrops with even a daffodil or two opening their flowers. Sheer bliss.

Aye, the daffodils are ahead of schedule this year and have revived a shook looking garden. It's 5pm as I type this and there is ample sunlight to the west. Winter is almost behind us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Watching this film right now. Always so good.

D88888-BE-35-D4-488-D-9-EEC-D55196-E91-B59.jpg?dl=1

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

As if! :D

Airplane!

It just never stops being funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Airplane!

Surely you can't be serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Surely you can't be serious?

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th hearing my favourite biyeen saying "ah ah unle" when I did something he didn't approve of :3 all I did was put a Lego on the wrong way 😃.
    Airplane!

Spaceballs is great too, in particular this scene

They don't make films like them anymore 😃

Th hearing my favourite biyeen saying "ah ah unle" when I did something he didn't approve of :3 all I did was put a Lego on the wrong way ðŸ˜႒.

Spaceballs is great too, in particular this scene

They don't make films like them anymore ðŸ˜႒

:D:D:D

• Advertisement

Th this pic gave me right laugh

ed244aede5bbe0eb03f3642d4a3f603a.jpg

Advertisement