Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

^^^
    Party like it's 1993!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I am very happy that:
    A. Ultimate Hell Week is back on Monday and B. Homeland is back on Thursday.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TH the wind sounds like the sea in a conch shell.
    Or the sea in the middle distance, even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject71

Being back home in my cozy house away from the worries of the world,heh.

Scott Eastwood. That is all.

• Advertisement

Remembered the name of a song I liked but forgot for ages til I heard the end of it on the radio. Instead of it nagging me forever at the back of my mind.
    Sia "Unstoppable"

Also very TH by the things a friend says. "Pale blue is not really a colour for a gentleman's conveyance" meaning a certain young gentleman's car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Seeing all my family glued to the count, indulging our inner count fetish. One of the rare things that unites all the generations and capabilities.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Bredabe wrote: »
    Seeing all my family glued to the count, indulging our inner count fetish. One of the rare things that unites all the generations and capabilities.

The Count?
    This guy? :D

IMG-20200209-WA0000.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

blade1 wrote: »
    The Count?
    This guy? :D

IMG-20200209-WA0000.jpg

Did he get elected yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭blade1

RMAOK wrote: »
    Did he get elected yet?

Hopefully :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Work training which was engaging, informative and fun!

Expelling an uninvited guest with a minimum of fuss (no, not that thread). A wee mouse decided to take up residence behind the washing machine. Left the back door open, but he didn't fancy a rinse in the sleet. Fair enough says I, I'll set down a fromage deluxe in the corner. After a few minutes, bellyache overtook caution and he scampered across the room. He met a gentle tap of the broom enroute (snapped it in two), poor fellow was a little shook from the impact. Thankfully he had a sympathetic friend nearby, I lifted him into the dustpan and initiated orbit over the hedge. Worried his new lodgings might be drafty, I'll check in on him later.

Awww. Bertie you made me TH.

It made me TS (Trivially Sad). Thinking of the poor wife and kids, huddled together in some dark corner of Berties utility room wondering where Daddy mouse is. :D

No wait. I think I read that more gently than it happened. Orbit? :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Being indoors with a cup of coffee, watching the snow falling.

It's not much,more sleety at this stage but just enough to briefly make everywhere look picturesque.

Receiving a PM at 2am from a gentleman re-reg, stating his admiration for my work & optimism that we could keep a cordial repartee on his next account. It's the little gestures that make it all worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Be right back

While stopped at a red light, a car ran the red light on his side. A squad car pulled him over. It's the little things..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Received 2 valentines today

:eek:
    this.never.happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Received 2 valentines today

:eek:
    this.never.happens

Sorry, only meant to send one... got a bit carried away! :o :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Posting all the anti Sinn Féin memes i can find on Facebook...and watching the indignant replies :D

I have an appetite. 'Cause I have appetite loss normally food is a a tedious necessity. Just ate a bacon sandwich. A common source of joy I hardly ever get to experience :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

TH , well it doesn't really make me happy so much as I burst out laughing. Don't blame me but watching Brendan Howlin on the news I realise how tiny he is . He is a 3/4 size human!!

Lashing rain from all angles here, with thunder and lightning. My little terrier absolutely conked out asleep and oblivious. Next thing he wakes up and walks straight over to the door to be let out for a wee. He took one look and just went NOPE - turned on his heel and back to the sofa. Just the whole expression he made was so funny. Like 'fuk no, I'll hold it!' :D:D:D

Doves cooing. Sunshine. Heat. I think this is looking positive for a long (starting early) hot summer full of adventures. The early starters are the best summers. Squee!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

cjmc wrote: »
    TH , well it doesn't really make me happy so much as I burst out laughing. Don't blame me but watching Brendan Howlin on the news I realise how tiny he is . He is a 3/4 size human!!

I don’t know why we didn’t realise how small he was before ! My husband saw him on the news and said “ Has he shrunk “

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

No rehearsals tonight and I took the day off tomorrow. I'm so happy. I've had such a busy/horrible 2 weeks because of rehearsals and being sick so it's nice to rest for a little while!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

No rehearsals tonight and I took the day off tomorrow. I'm so happy. I've had such a busy/horrible 2 weeks because of rehearsals and being sick so it's nice to rest for a little while!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to see Emma at the cinema this evening.

• Advertisement

Window open fresh air and its perfectly mild. Getting there, very definitely.

Advertisement