Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Thanks for that laugh ODB. Hilarious and depressing in equal measure! That vid making the little child take pics of his mum in her bikini draped over the dad.. you wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry! :D

That one was the worst. :D Or the two wans blocking the guy from entering his workplace whilst not even acknowledging him. Muppets! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Receiving a hand made thank you card in the post , from a nine year old , complete surprise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Minnie Snuggles

Having had disastrous internet speeds for a few years - download speed of 0.23Mbps and upload 0.15Mbps - on a good day, we got fibre typical speeds of 145Mbps - 28Mbps even with everyone online. It's fantastic, we can now watch netflix without having to turn off wifi on our phones and more than one person can be online at a time and of course it is so much easier to follow boards on a laptop - Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Good friends.
    Am incredibly lucky to have some special people in my life.
    Not dozens, just a nice number.

We don't need to message all day every day, but when we meet, it's so relaxing and natural, and a perfect way to spend a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I'm probably tempting fate by saying this, but TH that I've avoided all the nasty bugs so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭bnt

When it comes to email, I've always wanted an empty Inbox, and this is where the Snooze / Sleep function has really helped me since being introduced by the two I use (Microsoft Outlook Mail and Gmail). I get an email about something happening next week, I Snooze it until next week. Until then I don't have to see it, and my Inbox only contains things I need to handle today. I just realised how much I appreciate this since it's not universal yet e.g. Microsoft has it on their phone apps, but not on their own Outlook mail program on the PC.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Had words with a colleague a few days ago. Said colleague usually talks incessantly and has told me their life story maybe 5 times already. Now, the colleague is ignoring me (presumably as "punishment"). Silence is such sweet music. TH my ears have stopped bleeding and I can finally get come work done! :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Some fruitloop from Laois informed me that my hair isn't Auburn. "Really? What colour is my hair?"
    Laois man: ...."I don't know, auburn is brown..."
    Is it now, blondie?

When you make a mug of tea that is so good you have to make another. The second one never quite lives up to the first but that's ok.

Antares35 wrote: »
    Had words with a colleague a few days ago. Said colleague usually talks incessantly and has told me their life story maybe 5 times already. Now, the colleague is ignoring me (presumably as "punishment"). Silence is such sweet music. TH my ears have stopped bleeding and I can finally get come work done! :pac::D

I had to endure someone like that last weekend. Every fri***** detail down to.his first childhood memory. He calls it being open. Some might say head too far up his own bum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When you make a mug of tea that is so good you have to make another. The second one never quite lives up to the first but that's ok.

Barry's ? 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 30,360 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I had to endure someone like that last weekend. Every fri***** detail down to.his first childhood memory. He calls it being open. Some might say head too far up his own bum.

I also work with someone like that. Always recalling events that she remembers when she was a baby.

I cannot wait to hear the tales from the womb :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Think of that guy and add in an opinion on everything , everyone and a willingness to share "wisdom" and advice whether solicited or otherwise and you have my colleague! Long may the silence last.

TH it is almost the weekend :)

Barry's ? 😛

...let's say yes...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,044 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

...let's say yes...

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

😛

• Registered Users Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭Bredabe

For various reasons I dont always communicate as well as I should-its terribly frustrating.
    Today I met another grown up maile who understood me easily!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe my people are finally finding this planet!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Thanks for that laugh ODB. Hilarious and depressing in equal measure! That vid making the little child take pics of his mum in her bikini draped over the dad.. you wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry! :D

To add to the LOLs, a lot of the people submitting photos and videos are influencers themselves. :D Oh, the lack of self-awareness brings me more joy than it probably should. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,092 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Not closing the curtains until 5pm today !! Spring will come as it always does and I love it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I live in the States, but still watch as much GAA as is humanly possible on GAAGO, the streaming service for us abroad. They used to show the games exactly as shown in Ireland, and TG4 shows one live game and one or two games on deferred coverage over a number of hours. But I just found out that now I can watch all games here live and simultaneously so I don't have to stay off the internet and phone for three hours so I can watch it without knowing the result. Tir Chonaill Abu

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The end of January is a happiness for me. It really is a nothing month, glad to see the back of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to see A Beautiful day in the Neighborhood at the cinema this evening.

Found a new environmentally friendly floor cleaner that smells of rhubarb. Motivated to clean from top to bottom when I'm home.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TH that I'm finished work for the week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

RMAOK wrote: »
    TH that I'm finished work for the week

Be with you in an hour and with that will be the end of my Dry January. I will be vaproising whatever drink they first put in front of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TH the stop/go system that was in place down the road for the past few weeks is finally gone.

Major TH that I found and subsequently inhaled a rather busted up Orange Twirl that had fallen down the back of the press.

I’m happy that Sjanuary is nearly over. Hopefully the Sfebruary and Smarch weather won’t be too lousy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

Had a really good day with some work negotiations going my way, after a very difficult few days on the personal front. So now I can go into the weekend chilled out :)

You know what I've experienced the past few years? Just when things feel the very worst, something comes along right at that time - kind of like the world telling you "hey it's cool, you got this" :)

Now please excuse the sentimental ****e from me and get on with your evening :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Big TH, finally got the lawns cut.

• Advertisement

Spring :)

Everything feels different

Advertisement