Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

4 puppies came to visit us in school today! I sat on the floor with my class for an entire hour just playing with the adorable little fluffballs. So much fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Home ... eventually....and enjoying a chimay beer...life is good people, enjoy your evenings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Heat on film4 on a Friday night at 10 bells. Just perfick. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The Personal History of David Copperfield was very good.

Just asked my partner to bring me my charger. He told me to call our golden retriever. I did and he had looped the charger around her neck. Made me lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I met the most gorgeous dog ever earlier. I've never seen anything more adorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Deeply content to emerge after the van had been ,after their mainland trip, to see the boxes of groceries, spare gas cylinder and a bag of coal at my gate...
    Happy to live where the needs of old and housebound are so well provided for .

Just was so reassuring with the weather ahead...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am not really one for online crazes but I am really enjoying the Dolly Parton Challenge. Simple and funny.
    Won’t be doing it myself of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

At the edge of my wits for the past while, had a reiki session and head massage earlier this week.
    My endlessly threatening cystitis, low mood and sleep issues, gone!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Hurling, especially a live game of good hurling.

• Advertisement

Listening to Movies and Musicals earlier on today on Lyric FM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Got my tax relief on last years medical expenses. Can squirrel it away to buy a nice gift for my dad's birthday:)

Was shopping for some clothes and my fiance paid for a dress for me. Wasnt about the money but just felt really nice to be treated :)

Jacob-cat finally came home after 24 hours away. He has developed a bad habit of doing this. Worries me silly . Now asleep on my bed and snoring gently! Sweet happy relief..

Happy to have done my most disliked task; parcel of knitteds to Canada! Has to be weighed punctiliously and for some reason however careful I am I often have to perform a kind of Caesarian after packing!

All done, a huge cooked breakfast enjoyed and all work done so a very happy Sunday ahead now.

Off to Mass via the internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Graces7 wrote: »
    Happy to have done my most disliked task; parcel of knitteds to Canada! Has to be weighed punctiliously and for some reason however careful I am I often have to perform a kind of Caesarian after packing!

All done, a huge cooked breakfast enjoyed and all work done so a very happy Sunday ahead now.

Off to Mass via the internet!

Grace , I have discovered a cheaper way to post parcels to BC Canada .If you buy the prepaid yellow box from An Post it is cheaper to send 2Kgs

You buy the box for €9 then fill it to under 2Kgs and pay €11 to post to Canada
    Its also a fine sturdy box but light weight so very handy to send

https://www.anpost.com/Shop/Products/Gift-box-with-prepaid-postage

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Grace , I have discovered a cheaper way to post parcels to BC Canada .If you buy the prepaid yellow box from An Post it is cheaper to send 2Kgs

You buy the box for €9 then fill it to under 2Kgs and pay €11 to post to Canada
    Its also a fine sturdy box but light weight so very handy to send

https://www.anpost.com/Shop/Products/Gift-box-with-prepaid-postage

Thanks but it works out about the same as I send packet not parcel.. meant packet; apologies So as long as it is under 2 kg....half the cost of parcel. because of the sheer bulk and size of knitteds I send 1 kg now as they tightened up on actual PACKET measurements recently And I do not have personal access to a post office. Postman kindly takes outgoing from the gate Been sending stuff for years so worked out the cheapest. . Knitting being bulky stuff also means I can send less for a given size. Parcel post is anathema! Packet is reasonable .PS checked the box and it would not hold enough...Packet can be twice that size.... Appreciate kindness greatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

My sister-in-law loves cooking and knows I won't/don't ... she's just after dropping in the most delicious meals for me. Happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I approached a guy on the uni grinds list-he's always been to busy to help me previously.
    I told him what I needed and then womaned up and told him Im dyslexic and I would need this and that outside of the norm to help me with the info.

He said 'you dont scare me, my job means I work with models all day'

So happy to find a fellow picture thinker!
    Such a difference from the usual reception I get in those situation!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

So happy to have a family who have made it their life's work to serve others. All are in education, health, or social services. Mrs S says we must have done something right. I say there's no "we", it's all her doing. The happiness comes from seeing how they have actually made a difference to lives.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Just spent a few hours in a huge bookshop. Now sitting by the window in a coffee shop, sipping a delicious coffee, watching the slightly rainy world go by. All small things that make me feel happy and content in the moment.

• Advertisement

Quiet end to a busy Sunday, as busy-ness goes in this peaceful place. Weather watching, cat tending, dwelling tending, knitting.. The small change of life that is special One of life's great secrets..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

When you’re broke, go to the ATM expecting “no funds available” and then you hear the motors turning inside, giving you cash

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Charity shops - I got two pairs of gorgeous, thick, lined curtains for a tenner each. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A new family moved in to a house near by and they have tuxedo cat and on the window they have a bed for them and the cat is sometimes there sitting in a funny position with their paws in the air and them just balmed out, I always slow blink at them when I'm passing and today they slow blinked back at me :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

When a boiled egg peels perfectly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

A new family moved in to a house near by and they have tuxedo cat and on the window they have a bed for them and the cat is sometimes there sitting in a funny position with their paws in the air and them just balmed out, I always slow blink at them when I'm passing and today they slow blinked back at me :3.

Sephiroth_dude the cat whisperer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TH - I'm not in work today.

That Brexit is finally happening on Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

My little woodland is lit up with a carpet of snowdrops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The end of today is a big happiness generator. As is pizza night.

Advertisement