Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I was in Belfast for the first time over the weekend and loved it:) The biggest TH of the weekend was getting a banana milkshake in McDonald's. It is years since I had a banana milkshake in McDonald's , just not available here for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Rubberlegs wrote:
    I was in Belfast for the first time over the weekend and loved it The biggest TH of the weekend was getting a banana milkshake in McDonald's. It is years since I had a banana milkshake in McDonald's , just not available here for some reason.

Belfast is a great city for a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Sorry, I was caught up in the book :o

It’s The Fireman by Joe Hill.

I’m really enjoying it so I’m trying to take my time.

(I tried to word that carefully :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Sorry, I was caught up in the book :o

It’s The Fireman by Joe Hill.

I’m really enjoying it so I’m trying to take my time.

(I tried to word that carefully :D )

Does the book come with illustrations of said fireman?

Asking for a friend:p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I asled about this. The first thing they do after a bg snowfall is remove the huge dangerous weight of snow off the rooves; they all have snowblowers,

My contact was shocked at the idea of bad insulation. This is a country that has heavy snow every winter and no one would build without it.

Still no news
    stoneill wrote: »
    Watching the videos - I noticed how little snow is on the roofs (or rooves) of the houses. Is that a design thing to prevent snow accumulation or just bad insulation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Does the book come with illustrations of said fireman?

Asking for a friend:p

:D

Unfortunately, no.
    But he’s a mysterious loner with an English accent and a penchant for heroism :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I fitted an outdoor tap. With a lot of advice from the lads in the hardware shop, but it works. Sure I'm only wonderful! (No one else here will say it, elderly uncle just grunted at it)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

In from a lovely long walk with my neighbour. TH that we got back on track ... we had been inventing ridiculous excuses since Christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Cooking a tasty dinner.

g.night happy...

• Advertisement

Deeply, deeply relieved and happy that contact has been made with our people in Newfoundland. Shaking with relief here. Tears flowing!

They can all get out , and as there is more heavy snow on the way, they are all queuing at the grocery stores on advice to restock with supplies... the queues are looooooong

God bless the army!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Asked someone a question I was afraid to know the answer to. Answer came back and it wasn’t at all what I had feared

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Our first daffodils have bloomed this morning which means we win the unofficial first bloom of the year competition with our neighbours. Big TH right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Just finished work and heading home to pack for my first holiday in 2 years. Big TH.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Th happy seeing two cats today and yesterday, a long haired ginger fella (not the usual friendly ginger fella I meet) who always has a cross face on them whenever I call them over, there they were slinking was place to place (like all cats do I guess 🐈🐱 ) and every now and again they'd stop and look around to see if anyone was watching/coming towards them, they jumped on lucky the tabby cats wall and I was trying to call them over and who should only jump on the wall then? herself lucky! gave me a fright as I didn't even her :o I was giving her loads of rubs and she rolled over on her back and then bolted because a load secondary school were marching down the road 😤😤.

Then today I was walking past lucky's house again and she was out again and she came running over to me looking for more rubs and then I had to leave and she was looking after me and at one stage I though she was gonna follow me :3 🐱😃 then on the way back I met long hair ginger fella and they had cross face on them looking at me and I slow blinked at them and they slow blinked back :3! Major TH!!!

Happy at a good night's sleep with a quiet day ahead... Happy at groceries arriving today… Life is happy..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

When my face is really happy I get fine lines from the outer corners of my eyes and I love them. Not permanent ones just part of the facial expression. They're in a good place lol. They kinda look like extra eyelashes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A day like this. Calm and sunny. Getting lots done outside and being able to have the morning coffee break sitting in the garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

🤑🤑

Did our tax returns last week - love the ease of doing it online in a few minutes - and today they tell me we're due a refund of €2156. That's this year's holiday more or less covered.

If you don't do a return annually I'd highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I just made some chicken and vegetable soup, and it turned out perfect. Not too runny/thick and just the right level of salt. Very tasty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

My daughter and godson playing together..she's 12...he's 1 and they have a great little bond...gladdens my old bitter heart it does..

First full night's sleep in weeks. Feel I could conquer the world! If it were light I would walk to the shore and back...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

🤑🤑

Did our tax returns last week - love the ease of doing it online in a few minutes - and today they tell me we're due a refund of €2156. That's this year's holiday more or less covered.

If you don't do a return annually I'd highly recommend it.

My tax advisor (Mrs H) just contacted me to say we got our taxback this morning. Not sure of the exact amount but she said it is '15 weeks doles worth'.
    So yeah - milky bars are on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I got my new passport in the post today

Going to see David Copperfield at the cinema this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I felt my baby kicking for the first time this morning :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Antares35 wrote: »

That's not trivial, it's wonderful!

My TH is that I'm putting manners on my finances. I bought a little notebook and wrote everything down. It really made me aware of what I'm doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Antares35 wrote: »

Awww, that's just lovely :)

Majorly TH here, grinning from ear to ear. My eldest and her partner are on the way to pick up the keys to their new house. There have been so many hurdles along the way and have seen them disappointed many times. I couldn't be happier for them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

madmaggie wrote: »
    That's not trivial, it's wonderful!

My TH is that I'm putting manners on my finances. I bought a little notebook and wrote everything down. It really made me aware of what I'm doing.

TH that when I read that quickly, I thought you were putting manners on your fiancé! :D

I'm doing the budgeting thing too, and find it oddly satisfying not spending. Haven't bought a shop lunch since 2019. Had a homemade roll at my desk and then took my little dog for a walk. TH with the simple things :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TH that I'm finished work for that long weekend. No work until Tuesday, thank God.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TH that my car is beautiful and shiny again :D

Advertisement