Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

This is m 500th post!!!

And I have Toblerone!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Funny story, he took his mothers surname, his father's surname is Hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,014 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Discovering that the tv series of the Shardlake series of books will be out next month on Disney+. Love those books.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Us amateur photographers is my TH

I was getting our intercity coach home which takes an hour or so and there was the most beautiful vivid rainbow. I was taking photos with zero skill and my 6 years old crappy phone and sending (possibly annoying) friends on WhatsApp. I looked across the aisle and a girl was doing the exact same thing. Dammit, I could have said hello and asked to compare pics but I did nothing. 😔

Today I saw a hot air balloon and I even saw the flame when gas fired to gain altitude and I was taking photos. Looking across the road and someone was doing the same.

Viva to amateur photographers 🤗

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Getting ready for bed, teeth brushed, face routine done, pjs on long before bed so I can just go straight to bed when I feel tired

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The Kindle app appears to be working on my tablet. It's literally the only thing I use the device for so that's good.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I had calls all over the city yesterday, and I knew I would be out in the evening as well. Walking past a well-known fast food "restaurant" sparked the memory that a youngster I worked with had given me a 2e off voucher for them. So I got my favourite meal at a reduced price and only had to take two phone calls while I was eating.

Th, I got to eat at a reasonable time, love the spices on their chicken, have 2e back in my purse and not having to waste time looking for or cooking food meant I was home earlier than I would have been without the voucher.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,366 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Finishing work on a Friday when it is not raining biblically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,377 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I found a Terrys chocolate orange . 🍊

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

M&S custard creams. They really are a superior custard cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,387 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Tired dogs.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That arsenal and city ate out of the champions league . Petty , as a Liverpool supporter , but gratifying

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Lost a motorbike key on Saturday morning and I've been searching everyday since so more than TH to find it down the back garden today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

The smell of freshly mown grass.

Two donkeys have moved into the field across the road, in the field next to the sheep and lambs. Sure I'll get nothing done with looking out the window 😍

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Miamee. You should know the rules, by now. Pics, or GTFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I am delighted that Liverpool were knocked out last night.

Manchester City fan since the late 1970s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Jiggly Pops are back!! They're the Aldi version of Wibbly Wobbly Wonders, and they're marvellous! I just finished my second one today. 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

The sun spilting the sky all day long and everyone going for walks or sitting outside eating and drinking like on the continent.

Honestly after the dreadful weather we have has so far, the beautiful day we had today has nearly made me cry!

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Goodigal

This cutie 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 24,815 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

8 hours of uninterrupted sleep… didn’t even get woken up by my student neighbours going outside for their first smoke of the day together which between the decibel shattering guffaws, asthmatic coughing, door slamming and eccentric Knox Harrington like psycho giggling from the ultra camp one 🔪 ….this has to have been a first….

Seriously feeling the better of it 😎…. Mmmmmm sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭ruth...less

Chatting to a young coworker and he was looking for something and I thought I had seen it but wasn't sure and I said to him 'im fairly sure I saw it but I'm never sure of myself so I'll say I'm 75% sure' and he said "ah stop ' and we were both laughing 🤣😂🤣

I was a television version of a person with a broken heart...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Seen a few weird interactions recently. I work near a massive London cancer hospital. I walk by one day for a snack at the shop and this monster of a man comes out in handcuffs. Like, he's almost 7 foot tall, easily. He's accompanied by two short police officers and there's no ill-feeling. It was a nice day and he said he was grateful to be outside.

FA Cup final was yesterday and I live beside the stadium. Overheard two older fans from Manchester talking:

"I live in Liverpool now. Married a Scouser"

"Sounds like a tough gig".

Also, my Chinese colleague eats his bread with chopsticks and dismantles his sandwiches before eating them.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Hozier's new song which is a US no.1. Like it.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

My boss stayed late with someone recently. They gave her some chocolate which she doesn't want so she's given it to me.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Drying clothes outside, and when you take them in… the lovely fresh smell.
    Happy days.

• Advertisement

I reversed into a car the other day , your man was sound . He’s screwing me over for all the damage I did but he’s a useful alibi to where I was .

Advertisement