Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Receiving a valentines card 😊

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You do know that those you send yourself don't count, right? 🤣

(speaking from experience...😭)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

The Robins singing everywhere in the warm sunshine. They are always singing even in the coldest darkest times of the year. Now, if my wish would come true where I could stop all unnecessary traffic (safely) by clicking my fingers. There would be no unnecessary journeys under my watch 😁😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Gave up weeks ago trying to find a particular type of step set, and spotted them while randomly shopping in a local chain store.

I bought the last two which extended my cash flow a bit, the youngster on the till just had the best news about her dad on the front line and scanned in her last few card points to celebrate which brought it down to a manageable sum.

Happy for her and her family and happy for me as I am not going to hear about those steps again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not trivial for her I know, but I'll share her happy where I can.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’ve finally solved ball sort 113 , though it took 27 goes . But I did it 😷

I’ve found my good reading glasses . Only ta is there were in my pocket 😡

The whole recycle for bottles makes me happy, esp. when like yes, I got a discount for my items at the till and then scanned the recycle token and it came down by the 15c!

God be the days when I used to get 10p a bottle return . I got a lot of ice cream and mars bars out of that little number .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I went to get petrol, this morning. Without even slowing down the flow, I stopped at exactly €20.

• Advertisement

I used to always put 20+a few pence , not enough that they’d charge you , but something that would make me feel I was getting a deal . Pre paid pumps have done away with that .

TH is hammering wales . I can’t stand them .

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

Got the ride last night, so that was nice. Hardly slept a wink though and have a massive headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

A really long walk, wrapped up on a cold day. Can walk for ages and zero sweat.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Finding a new walk not too far from home...dog was too tired to do it all but I will go back on a nice day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Used to love that game when I worked at a statoil. One morning I was half asleep and went over by £1.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Been tasked with co-organizing a family holiday… mentioned and as soon as I did about 10 people on board and everyone agreeing in no time, potential suitable dates and in principle the type of getaway……..

By fück it’s needed, and happening. 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 15,747 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Triggered Irish people hammering their phones and keyboards furiously whenever anyone mentions Ireland is in the British Isles.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Having tried the Bombay Bad Boy Pot Noodles in the past, it brought a smile to my face when I saw the Aldi version: Mumbai Mad Boy. 😄

The nice girl in the deli said hello to me , and she had a twinkle in her eye 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

A Thursday evening beer and meal with the OH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,111 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Beautiful day where I am

Washing paint work and walls, strangely satisfying.

A couple of goes at updating the software on my tablet yesterday….. but it didn’t work, repeatedly just got a generic error message…. Tried this morning and it worked just fine…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Giving a girl a compliment about her new hair style and I think she really appreciated it 😎😎

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Brought what was described as "too many clothes" to a stag weekend (necessitating the need for a 10kg bag - everyone else just brought a small one).

Walked into deep slush outside Heuston while running for the airport bus on Friday. Runners and socks soaked. No problem, had brought a pair of shoes just in case.

Someone spilled a pint on my jeans. No problem, had a spare pair.

Ended up using everything.

My broadband magically is back working , though the engineer is still coming tomorrow to check it as now the house phone plugs into it

Department of Transport, don’t know if it’s the norm but spoke to two different people today one who I wasn’t expecting the call back from until tomorrow. Both were beyond helpful in sorting out a situation that wasn’t of mine or their making but did it with professionalism, gusto and a charming courtesy and efficiency…. Positive experience and some.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I made a vegetable soup last night for the first time in ages, mainly to get rid of certain frozen vegetables from my freezer (along with some fresh veg). It looked absolutely terrible, not surprising with the amount of broccoli and kale in it...but it was amazingly gorgeous! And healthy too., I presume, without a bit of salt in it. The three chillis I threw in were the star performers, though. 🌶️🌶️🌶️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,498 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

A perfect day for making electricity in the sunny (and windy) North East. And a perfect day for drying clothes washed in a machine using that electricity. And giving thanks for not having to deal with the drudgery of the past, like living by candlelight at night, and having to wash clothes by hand.

Advertisement