Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,221 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

The pencils at the polling station were very fancy. Nice decent pencils.

I remember the last time I voted it was an auld small stub of a pencil. Neither sharp nor broken. Where I felt like a toddler "colouring in" the amount of pressure I had to use.

Jayus, this time I felt like what it must have been like for Da Vinci in comparison. The only draw back was the pencils were on string yokes. Next vote I might bring a scissors....

Post edited by gormdubhgorm on

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Everyone seems to have disappeared….

decided after all to go vote around 6pm, only about two other people in the room, I think I woke up one of the polling staff 😅 I was presuming it’s going to be packed… but in and done in two minutes.

gym Friday always dead and again, lots of room and pick of equipment….

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭appledrop

Went to the polling station and was the youngest person voting by about 20 years, I'm in my 40s but it was great to feel young again😁.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Judas Priests' new album is 🔥 Really looking forward to seeing them on Friday.

Thought I had the dentist this week but looking at the wrong page in my calendar… happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Spent a few days in New York there. Fab time, but the place is gone eye-wateringly expensive. Arrived at JFK for our flight home on Saturday evening to be told it was overbooked, and would we consider a thousand quid each and a hotel for the night on Aer Lingus to fly back last night instead. Eh, yes please!

A document from a government department that I’ve been waiting for, for over one month, finally arrived, with about 24 hours to spare… probably wouldn’t have happened without calling them last week where they were all jovially blasé about it… “ sure lots of time yet.. “

yeah basically, one day to spare, …nice one. 🤌🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That it’s nearly a new week of Wordle . I don’t have much else to be doing

plus a thing I ordered has arrived , and for once I don’t seem to have made a balls of it 😷

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Getting a physical video game in a jiffy bag in the post, it's like being a child again. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭Archeron

When you get your beard trimmed and the barber goes at your overgrown ear and nose hair with a single simple graceful move, when you know in reality it's the barbering equivalent of hacking his way through the Amazon rainforest with a machete 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Finally managed to get my hands on some Wagyu steaks in Aldi. They're *always* sold out by the time I get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Leisuring around a local chain supermarket, I heard the unmistakable sound of teens on a mission, I could see from their clothes they were first years in one of the local fe colleges/uni's.

They had handed in their end-of-year assessment and were a bit hyper, so they had pooled their money and were scouring the shelves for marked-down soft drinks and sweets. What struck me was how quick they were to add up the costs and find the best value by checking the weights of the items as it impacted the prices.

Two th's in this, as someone who deals with that age group a lot, it's great to see some who have a good grounding in personal/household finances, they were so happy that they made everyone else in the aisle smile as well.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

The actor Steve Evets on TikTok . He’s created this comedy misanthrope alter ego of his personality….basically just very funny. Films himself on his phone out and about interacting with strangers and people he knows, calling them cúnts and disparaging them for various reasons or no reason at all….most people working in film, TV etc would steer well clear of the slightest controversy but. He just couldn’t be bothered…. “ look at all these cûnts, hey look at this cünt down here …. “

Went into an apple green station for a coffee and they had one of those big green smiley frog bins outside the door. Someone has taken the time to give him a big Salvador Dali style moustache made out of the stickers you get on bananas 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Vote4Squirrels

Not to sound to obsequious but - this thread!

Long time lurker, took the plunge and joined and this has made me smile on a miserable morning!!

That - and scrambled eggs, a comfy walked dog snoring and the thought of beers and rugby later. Have a great day everyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Going to see The Jesus and Mary Chain tonight. Drinking on a monday night, just madness.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Watching the lambs in a nearby field running around like the little lunatics that they are, great to see them roaming around in little groups with their pals running and jumping around the place.

Texas BBQ Pringles….NOM!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Browsing in a bakery dept. this am, they had cheese scones and chocolate ones, both packs seemed to be stretching the budget and I was juggling food allergies as well.

We have one group who is allergic to combining cheese and chocolate and the other has generalised dairy allergies, I left the chocolate ones back on the basis they were the more expensive and would be on sale next week.

Just as I put them back, staff told me to wait as they were going into markdown in 5 minutes, so I bought those(my thinking is that they are grown-ups and know not to eat what makes them ill.

Back at the ranch I cut them in half and put them in the toaster slots, all gone and no complaints by the time I left and more money in the kitty for the weekend workers.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The face on Jordan pickford as the ball rolls by him , **** a penalty , and scored for england

• Advertisement

Discovering chocolate fingers in both dark chocolate and chocolate orange flavours!!!

When you are walking down the road in the cold irish rain, hood up and shivering, but suddenly the clouds break behind you and the sun shines through and suddenly your whole back warms up beautifully and you audibly go aaaaaahhhhh

No work for a week and I’m having a pint!!!!

Someone bought me a doughnut

👀

👅

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

80s pop duo music

Why the feck were they so many of these acts in the 80s ? Go West, Wham, OMD, Tears For Fears, Yazoo, Soft Cell to name a few

Dont know why but find it a little uncomfortable and odd. Great music mind you better than a lot of today's muck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Was in Berlin for a few days (not a humble brag)

My TH is they have a computer history museum. Now this isn’t some dry academic museum of technology and IBM and such though there is a little

It’s for computer games. Those of us of a certain age grew up playing Nintendo and Sega and later PlayStation came along. There are old arcade games which were before my time but I was very impressed with a Commodore 64 which my family owned (still own , it’s in the attic somewhere for the last 30 years)

There were more adults playing games than kids !! I must play my Nintendo Wii from my cupboard as I had great fun playing Wii tennis

• Registered Users Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

A dry and sunny spring day, it makes such a difference.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This Youtube short, I can't stop laughing 🤣🤣

Spent a very happy 5 hours or so watching two series’ on the History Channel - Royal Bastards - Rise of the Tudors, covering the Wars of the Roses, Richard III etc and Royal Kill List - Charles Ii getting back on the throne and how he hunted down those who signed his father’s death warrant.

I love my history anyway but these were excellent!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement