Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I started plucking my eyebrows at 13 when pencil thin brows were all the rage. No matter what, I can't grow them back.
    Yesterday, I finally found an eyebrow dye that really makes them look fuller.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I spend a lot of time in work on the phone and so get put on hold a lot also

There is one particular company and their hold music is rocking ! :cool:

They change it up regularly and I discover new tunes. I listen to the lyrics and google them to find the artist

It is an absolute pleasure to be put on hold with this company. Irish Revenue Commissioners should learn from this company

This short by Pixar. I love the message of it. Beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Parents getting vaccine Wednesday, which means we don't have to be terrified of passing covid to them all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Antares35 wrote: »
    Parents getting vaccine Wednesday, which means we don't have to be terrified of passing covid to them all the time!

It is such a relief for them and ye..
    My Da( almost 83) is getting second jab tomorrow..he's showered already...

• Advertisement

I see Lucy Verasamy is doing a food program on Channel 4..cute as hell...

4Ad wrote: »
    It is such a relief for them and ye..
    My Da( almost 83) is getting second jab tomorrow..he's showered already...

Ah :) best of luck to him tomorrow. I forgot about the second one actually, feck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A nice neighbour who out of the blue put two portions of delicious apple crumble at my porch .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

This is extremely trivial but I didn't bother washing my car for ages. I got two guys to wash it today but it took them ages.
    He told me it was in a bad state. I gave him twice the price of the wash I felt so bad.
    But now it is shiny and spotless. They did a great job, one of them looked a bit like Usher as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Not everyone will get this BUT praise the lord for the paid memory in Cite this right for me!!!

Got me out of a lottttttttttttttttttt of trouble today.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Rachael Blackmore's huge smile made me more than trivially happy today.
    Her historic win gave us all a break from Covid for a little while, and during that short period of time it was like life was normal again.
    Well done Rachael.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Kivaro wrote: »
    Rachael Blackmore's huge smile made me more than trivially happy today.
    Her historic win gave us all a break from Covid for a little while, and during that short period of time it was like life was normal again.
    Well done Rachael.

History has been made :) I couldn’t be more prouder of her and what she has achieved :) Won myself some money too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Autosport wrote: »
    History has been made :) I couldn’t be more prouder of her and what she has achieved :) Won myself some money too :)

Well done.
    I'd say that the Bookies got hammered today. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

This is extremely trivial but I didn't bother washing my car for ages. I got two guys to wash it today but it took them ages.
    He told me it was in a bad state. I gave him twice the price of the wash I felt so bad.
    But now it is shiny and spotless. They did a great job, one of them looked a bit like Usher as well :)

Watch out for them b*stard crows.
    I'd swear they wait until I wash my car to then shīte all over it.
    I'm a fool then, I throws them out food every day! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

blade1 wrote: »
    Watch out for them b*stard crows.
    I'd swear they wait until I wash my car to then shīte all over.
    I'm a fool then, :( I throws them out food every day!

I think my neighbour puts bird feed in the garden. They better not relieve themselves on my motor

That water wipes are now biodegradable but also a better wipe too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I was laying the fire one day last week when suddenly something stroked my cheek so gently.

Jacob -cat was sitting on the chair by the fireplace and had reached out to stroke me with such a look of sheer adoration on his furry face! These critters give us so much love!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

quite trivial this, but the en suite toilet in my folk's house was broken for months, but they fixed it yesterday, thank god :D

Saw my first Swallow today.

Graces7 wrote: »
    I was laying the fire one day last week when suddenly something stroked my cheek so gently.

Jacob -cat was sitting on the chair by the fireplace and had reached out to stroke me with such a look of sheer adoration on his furry face! These critters give us so much love!

What a beauty :)

• Advertisement

My 74 year old dad who left school at 11 and is dyslexic, informed me today he's started writing a book and he's 30,000 words in - he got "bored during lockdown and thought why not", and he installed zoom on his laptop to attend a creative writing course this week. I just need to do a test call with him to make sure it's working ok. Pre-covid I used to have to do all his online business for him but when covid hit he decided to become self-sufficient. The man is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

a walk in the park with my bestie today and coffee and cake on the go.. its mad how his virus and its subsequent restrictions have recalibrated my pleasure receptors to a more simple level - how bad.. and the sun was shining too :)

PS not trivialising the friendship with my mate - she is an incredible human being and I am soo glad I have her as a friend

What a beauty :)

Yep! And would you believe, a throwaway.

So busy reading back I have.....lost the plot.... Happy to know so many fascinating folk... ;)

Graces7 wrote: »
    Yep! And would you believe, a throwaway.

All the best ones are. I've six throwaways here!

All the best ones are. I've six throwaways here![/QUOT

Seven here! Although two are more runaways from starvation locally! I keep putting the HOUSE FULL sign up but they take no notice..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The speed my new phone charges at.
    Went from 0-55% in 10 minutes.
    0-100% in 35 minutes.
    I also got earbuds with it and if I lay the earbuds on the phone just touching off it, the phone charges the earbuds!
    Mind blown! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Kids back in school.
    I dont know my peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

was on a beach walk today (man it was great to get out).. was walking along and this dog kept stopping in front of me.. then I noticed he had a ball in his mouth.. he proceeded to place the ball on the beach between us.. then I twigged "he wants me to play ball with him".. so I did.. was so funny.. man he was class.. like a pro... and so eager.. like a keen tennis player.. (while this was going on I saw his owner a few yards away on her phone).. he clearly hadn't been playing enough throw and catch in recent times.. there was no stopping him.. he was so excited... really cheered me up.. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

My nephew turning 5 tomorrow

Advertisement