Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Unexpectedly finding a 20 kg bag of coal at my gate yesterday morning... I had ordered in from over the water but with the storm knew the shopping ferry would not have gone. Puzzled!

Emerged that the postman, who had got over in terrible weather, had brought it, requested by the supermarket manager who knew the shoppers would not be over.

" It is what we do, " he assured me.

Makes me so happy that there is such real caring. Shaking my old head in awe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

My 22 year old car passing its NCT first time yet again. My Dad bought it new back in January 1999; I learned to drive on it and took it over a few years later. He'll be delighted when I tell him.

Nice that it's my 1999th post too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,259 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

My 22 year old car passing its NCT first time yet again. My Dad bought it new back in January 1999; I learned to drive on it and took it over a few years later. He'll be delighted when I tell him.

Nice that it's my 1999th post too.

I hope youse party like it's 1999 (in a safe an socially distanced bubble obviously)

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Contentedly mulling on the day ahead. Just... all is in place that needs o be in place. My bed is bright with yarn and needles and completed items.. ( baby hats ) and all I need and would wish for is within these walls. Happy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Getting my dinner made for me.Its lamb and it smells divine.
    Getting lovely Mothers Day presents with a bit of thought in to them [i picked them myself]:D:D Only way ot get something decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Ryan Tubridy promoting the vaccine on his lousy show and now the vaccine gets suspended.

The simplicity and tastiness of fresh white bread, real butter and tuna mixed with mayonnaise in a sandwich with a cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Rang my GP this morning for an appointment, and was seen at midday. Lucky for me someone cancelled. Diagnosed and prescription collected all before lunch. Delighted.

I heard the skylark today!.

Stopped me in my tracks; I raised my face to the thick -clouded sky and just listened in sheer delight at his joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I moved back to my folks for lockdown. They got a hot tub. It's like they don't want me to leave.

• Advertisement

Brought my uncle for his first vaccine jab. It's funny seeing an 80 year old being giddy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Flying a two string kite on a beautiful sunny warm St. Patrick's day. Heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,537 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Raspberry jelly. The greatest flavour jelly.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Archeron

Out walking today and the sense of happiness in the air was fantastic , some houses were having little family parades in the garden, lots of families out and about with leprechaun hats and face paint and green zogabongs. Beautiful warm day and seemed everybody was making the most of it and everybody was happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

It's Friday.
    No better reason to be trivially happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

+1 Postal service!

+10 Getting something nice in the post!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Lovely out there today!

IMG-20210319-112821.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭wildwillow

My little grandson was unwell yesterday and doctor decided he needed a covid test. Everyone put into isolation.

Parents explain he can't return to school without a test so he wasn't scared.

Nurse was so gentle and kind that he hardly noticed the procedure. Negative result delivered this morning, just over 12 hours since the test.

He is feeling fine again but the symptoms in children are so random that it is reassuring to have the test.

So sometimes everything does go according to plan.

I got a jacket reduced from 75 euro to 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Easter Sunday in 2 weeks time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

branie2 wrote: »
    Easter Sunday in 2 weeks time

It'll be another non event this year though.

I'm happy I got the floors all washed today. It's a job I hate but once it's done it's so satisfying and especially on a day like today when they dry so easy.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Mr Wilson's second liners on you tube brass band that play all the 90 dance classics...some Craic of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

An assignment that I have due this week is way easier than I thought it was :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Passed my NCT first time and they dated it April 10th so handy out

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

The smell of grass after rain, snowdrops, and brighter evenings in Spring time

Finally getting an inverview confirmed that I was starting to get worried about for an assignment on Thursday. Instant relief

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

My bird feeder is beside our driveway so today I stopped my car and rolled down the window to get a look at the birds coming and going.
    They didn't notice me watching so I got to see their playful antics and who was in the hierarchy of getting fed first.
    I was simultaneously on Google looking to identify them.

To thine own self be true

A long walk to ease the stress levels :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,259 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Silly RTE News Now Headlines for the sake of News.

The heading was 'AJ Pritchard warns of fire danger after girlfriend's ordeal'

Says I to myself 'Two celebrities I never heard of, figure out fire is dangerous?'

What a story!

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2021/0323/1205628-pritchard-warns-of-fire-risk-after-girlfriends-ordeal/

Then I looked it up in reality it is even more stupid. Two celebrities I never heard of fluted around with fire like eejits for Social Media. And the girl got burnt.

Geniuses apparently the girl (whoever she is - Abbie something?) doing 'amazing'. Just in case anyone is worried.

Flipping three/four year olds know the dangers of an open flame. Not these two young adults apparently! Jayus.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

My 17 year beloved car developed rust under the wheel arches and corners of the doors. Is entirely normal I guess.

But I cannot pay hundreds to get a professional to fix this. But fix it I must as once rust starts it doesn't stop

Through youtube I learned about sanding, rust convertor chemicals, zink spray, primer, paint and lacquer. In total cost about 50 euro. I got the best rated products from amazon and most were German.

Now complete and ok we are not talking silky smooth professional paint job here but I am more than happy at results

TH´d when DIY jobs go right!

Advertisement