Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Being able to go to bed and get up when I please..

Goodnight everyone! May be away a few days.... Sleep well and happy dreams! Just got to feed the cats then …. snooze....Bliss!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The sun is shining, it's a beautiful day , plus I found twenty euro in the back of my purse that I didn't know I had :)

The simplicity and tastiness of grated red and white cheese with fresh ham on fresh white bread with butter and mayo. This isn't any gourmet sh!t but now and again the right sambo with a cup of tea can just hit the spot perfectly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Won 90 euro on a scratchcard yay!

The simplicity and tastiness of grated red and white cheese with fresh ham on fresh white bread with butter and mayo. This isn't any gourmet sh!t but now and again the right sambo with a cup of tea can just hit the spot perfectly. :)

Perfection!

• Advertisement

Not trivial but very happy!

An unexpected parcel arrived... Who? What? Big it was...
    Totally overawed and tears of delight.

Someone I used to trade at markets and craft fairs with has kept in touch . She and her husband earn their living making soap etc and she grows all the plant extracts etc for the handmade soaps. "soapdreams" online. English like me...
    A lovely photo of their garden..magnificent

A great box crammed with plants and seeds from their garden and soap offcuts. Just … perfecfion..

I did a couple of hours work out there, and feeling better about my small garden.

They have not been able to trade all year of course - but never a word of complaint, and they sell by mail order now.

One of the plants was a kind of catnip and Bella leaped on it! lol....

What an unexpected joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Called to my eldest brother and took a great trip down memory lane.
    He hoards everything he's ever had since being a child so has 7 sheds of stuff fairly well organized.
    I remember sneaking reads of these annuals when he'd be gone out.

IMG-20210422-133606-Bokeh.jpg

IMG-20210422-133611-Bokeh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

God, that Tiger 1974 annual has brought on a savage flashback. I bought it in a Sale of Work back in 1981; left it at my cousin’s house that summer and never got it back.

God, that Tiger 1974 annual has brought on a savage flashback. I bought it in a Sale of Work back in 1981; left it at my cousin’s house that summer and never got it back.

They are worth sweet fa.
    If you want one they are on eBay for around 20 delivered.
    Had a look earlier out of curiosity.

blade1 wrote: »
    They are worth sweet fa.
    If you want one they are on eBay for around 20 delivered.
    Had a look earlier out of curiosity.

The postage from the UK kills the price. I am tempted to pick one up to see if it still holds up.

• Advertisement

The postage from the UK kills the price. I am tempted to pick one up to see if it still holds up.

You should see the amount of stuff my brother has.
    1000s and 1000s of Lp's, books,cd's,tapes.
    Even 100s of concert programs that he attended.
    From early 70's like Rory Gallagher to the present.
    These history of rock magazines that came with several folders
    IMG-20210422-134210-Bokeh.jpg

He also collected a lot of shîte.
    He doesn't care, he'll buy everything and anything.

I wonder besides him and Sabrina, does anyone else in the world have her album :pac:

IMG-20210422-132824-Bokeh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Goodigal

Went for a late evening walk with my sons and forgot about school bedtimes etc and embraced birdsong and bird spotting. Such a fab few hours instead of watching tv!

blade1 wrote: »
    You should see the amount of stuff my brother has.
    1000s and 1000s of Lp's, books,cd's,tapes.

I wonder besides him and Sabrina, does anyone else in the world have her album :pac:

IMG-20210422-132824-Bokeh.jpg

I'm the same - buying records and CDs since 1981 & 1986 respectively.

I don't have the Sabrina album but do own the Boys (Summertime Love) 7".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

My fiancée's King Charles Spaniel, who is basically both our dog now (she's had him since 2007, I've known him since 2012) used to despise me for years. But he's gotten more fond of me the past 2 years.

It became official this week that he definitely likes me now because lately while I've been getting ready to leave for work he's been staring at me wide-eared as I've went towards the front door, and now when I get home he wags his tail like mad. When I sit down he comes over to me and nudges into my arm. I picked him up and laid him on my chest and he pushed his head into my shoulder to get comfortable. He never did this before.

When he wants his dinner in the evening he looks to me to give it to him, not his original owner. When he comes inside from doing his business he follows me around the kitchen until I give him a biscuit (when he was a puppy, he got a treat for going toilet outside and it just kind of stuck. He expects it now). When I get a takeaway (specifically a takeaway for some reason) he sits and paws at MY leg for any uneaten food.

He used to growl at me a lot. Even when I was so much as in eyeshot of him he'd growl. He hasn't growled at me in - I wanna say a year. He lets me pick him up to bring him downstairs for the toilet. He lets me put drops in his eyes. He lets me put food in his bowl even when he's already head deep into it.

He lets me wash him and dry him.

He's not 100% obedient with everything I ask him to do but I put that down to age. He'll always go to his mammy first, but I'm just so happy he has accepted me as well.

The smile on my face writing this post :D

I'm the same - buying records and CDs since 1981 & 1986 respectively.

I don't have the Sabrina album but do own the Boys (Summertime Love) 7".

I'd say a lot of fellas had a 7" over Sabrina :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

If I watch YouTube on my iPad, I get ads for Mumsy things like laundry detergent or sanitary pads for mild incontinence. Since I’m a bloke who has never squeezed out an ankle-biter, not even vicariously, that tells me that Google's algorithms have totally failed to get a handle on me for ad targeting purposes. They really have no idea who I am, or what I might buy. :p

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

A lady in a small car was stopped in traffic in the yellow box junction. A Jeep pulled alongside her looking to turn across but of course she is blocking it

The car in front of her drove forward a little to make some space. The car behind reversed back to make some space.

She was oblivious playing with her radio and looking all around instead of moving.

99% you get anger and horns blowing at bad driving. The Jeep driver laughed and laughed and it was contagious :D

This is a TH as everyone around was laughing and smiling. The Jeep driver and passenger, the cars around and us at the bus stop all observing the terrible driving

Eventually traffic moved on and she drove away oblivious that she did anything wrong. I like this Jeep driver, living a cool stress free life :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Typing this from my new computer

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

branie2 wrote: »
    Typing this from my new computer

make, specs? make us jealous.

Hewlett Packard

• Advertisement

My brother in law turning 40 today

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Quite nice weather lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Went for a run today on a new route, went from road to trail to totally off road, bog up to my knees got drowned !! Only fell once..
    Laughing at the state of me..
    Never so happy !!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

4Ad wrote: »
    Went for a run today on a new route, went from road to trail to totally off road, bog up to my knees got drowned !! Only fell once..
    Laughing at the state of me..
    Never so happy !!

It would make me happy if you were to meet a certain lady ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Autosport wrote: »
    It would make me happy if you were to meet a certain lady ;)

Yourself Autosport? :)

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Yourself Autosport? :)

No his running companion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Autosport wrote: »
    No his running companion :)

I wish !!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Clean roads and streets.

Or people community cleaning up roads and streets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

A bird tried to divebomb me and missed by mere inches. Ha ha better luck next time Mr Crow :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Today is my birthday and Ma is getting me a pizza for dinner 😃😃 \o/ also my sister sent me a video of my 3 year old nephew singing happy birthday to me while trying to play the happy birthday song on a piano 🤣🤣 😃

Advertisement