Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Getting a small tax refund and treating myself to a bottle of Lambay Whiskey out of the money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

2 weeks holidays.
    Not that I'll be doing much.
    These are the first of my 2020 holidays that I didn't get to take and there's still another 12 days coming to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

mikemac2 wrote: »
    My 17 year beloved car developed rust under the wheel arches and corners of the doors. Is entirely normal I guess.

But I cannot pay hundreds to get a professional to fix this. But fix it I must as once rust starts it doesn't stop

Through youtube I learned about sanding, rust convertor chemicals, zink spray, primer, paint and lacquer. In total cost about 50 euro. I got the best rated products from amazon and most were German.

Now complete and ok we are not talking silky smooth professional paint job here but I am more than happy at results

TH´d when DIY jobs go right!

:D
    faa94217fe0378c13284014ad9eaf073.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

Being kind/thoughtful, a few weeks ago I found a hat while outside, I picked it up and brought it home. I thought maybe someone might be looking for it so I put it on Facebook (shared to a few groups). Sadly I haven't found its owner, but it's the thought that counts :)

Posters on this site, that give me hope, that an issue/problem can be overcome:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

WhatsApp videos from my nephew and niece, 7 and 9 respectively. Their 'concerts'!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I'm a townie but I've been living on a farm for the past 2 and a half years. Tonight, a little calf was born. My Fiance went out half an hour to check on him and he was gone! So off we all went to look for him and he was found half way down the farmyard!!! He was carried back and we were all looking at him with his mammy and he escapes again!!!! Well it's the best laugh I've had in a long time. Cute little escapee!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

KatW4 wrote: »
    I'm a townie but I've been living on a farm for the past 2 and a half years. Tonight, a little calf was born. My Fiance went out half an hour to check on him and he was gone! So off we all went to look for him and he was found half way down the farmyard!!! He was carried back and we were all looking at him with his mammy and he escapes again!!!! Well it's the best laugh I've had in a long time. Cute little escapee!
    'Absconded' was the word Rte used for the three who left the mandatory quarantine hotel.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

'Absconded' was the word Rte used for the three who left the mandatory quarantine hotel.

Hahaha absconded is exactly what he did! All day he's been at the gates figuring out how to get out. So funny for a newborn calf!! Full of adventure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Listening to Tantum Ergo earlier on these evening on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

New wheels day for my car :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

There's really good tunes on Other Voices. It might not be to other's taste but it's got a good melody

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

There's really good tunes on Other Voices. It might not be to other's taste but it's got a good melody

Missing it..agh
    Who is/was on ??

4Ad wrote: »
    Missing it..agh
    Who is/was on ??

Don't know his name. He's a Dublin rapper with girls singing as well. I thought he was cool. You'd get it on RtE Player I'd say. I know it's crap that site but worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

I saw Peter Broderick..he was enjoyable..

I had forgotten I had put on the electric picnic blanket..
    Bed is lovely and warm !

4Ad wrote: »
    I saw Peter Broderick..he was enjoyable..

I had forgotten I had put on the electric picnic blanket..
    Bed is lovely and warm !

I missed him but looked him up. Very chilled out music from him. Nice voice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Finding Granby burgers in Dunnes.

It's such a beautiful day. Love Spring time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Those raising the feminists were protesting at the Abbey for more diversity. Then they're complaining when there's too much diversity i.e. not enough Irish working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Got to drive my car in 6th gear for the first time since December.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Got to drive my car in 6th gear for the first time since December.

Now that's something worth celebrating!!

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I saw a rabbit this morning, on Easter Sunday. Therefore I can legitimately say that i saw an Easter Bunny :)
    To celebrate, cute bunnies for all...
    83858.jpg
    bunny-photos.jpg?w=1024
    unsplash-sandy-millar-cute-bunny-rabbit-floppy-ears.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Ordered myself a beard grooming kit and beard straightener off Amazon on Friday. Got here today! Just in time. I'm with my fiancée 9 years today and we're gonna go to the mother in law's for dinner.

So happy today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Archeron

I saw a rabbit this morning, on Easter Sunday. Therefore I can legitimately say that i saw an Easter Bunny :)
    To celebrate, cute bunnies for all...]

Bunny number one, cute as a button.
    Bunny number two, fuzzy adorableness.
    Bunny number three, has killed people, and possibly eaten their flesh, psychotic at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,164 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Archeron wrote: »
    Bunny number three, has killed people, and possibly eaten their flesh, psychotic at best.

the ear is the real giveaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭badabing106

The sight of my toned arms as I accidentally glance at them walking past a mirror

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Archeron wrote: »

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Finding an old ‘Double Dip’ at the back of the press and finding that it’s still within date.

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

Finding an old ‘Double Dip’ at the back of the press and finding that it’s still within date.

Imagine if the sherbet turned out to be smegma! What would you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Daragh1980 wrote: »
    Imagine if the sherbet turned out to be smegma! What would you do?

I’d be straight over to the ‘Trivially Annoyed’ thread to vent my disgust and dismay...along with my trivial annoyance.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,258 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Finding the TV remote (10 minute panic over)

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Advertisement