Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,259 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Can hear little kids in the distance roaring 'Olé, Olé, Olé, Olé - Olé, Olé'

:D

It is well over 30 years ago now - that Charlton fella has a lot to answer for!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Can hear little kids in the distance roaring 'Olé, Olé, Olé, Olé - Olé, Olé'

:D

It is well over 30 years ago now - that Charlton fella has a lot to answer for!
    Where did that come from exactly? I was watching a concert in Brazil and the crowd all started doing it :confused: Thought i was just an Irish thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I got a booking for Wednesday morning with the barbers, **** I'm sick of this mop !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Plastic Ono Band box has just arrived. Great to have Saturday evening deliveries.

Where did that come from exactly? I was watching a concert in Brazil and the crowd all started doing it :confused: Thought i was just an Irish thing.

I think and I am only guessing, it was from the Mexico 86 World Cup to Europe?
    And then there was the song in 1990 and Ireland latched on to it?

I was half right - I looked up Wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ol%C3%A9,_Ol%C3%A9,_Ol%C3%A9#In_other_sports

It filled in a few gaps for me.

Some Belgian started it as Allez, Allez, Allez - but a Spanish version was created as 'Olé, Olé, Olé'.

"The popular version of the "Olé, Olé, Olé" chant was first used in a 1985 song written by Roland Verlooven and Grand Jojo called "Anderlecht Champion" as "Allez, Allez, Allez, Allez" in French, but became "Olé, Olé, Olé, Olé" in Spanish in a version titled "E Viva Mexico" created for the Mexico 86 World Cup. This version of the chant quickly spread around the world and chanted by football fans in tribute to a team or a player, and it is now also widely used in other sports as well as in non-sporting events"

Funny how something so simple can travel around the world and make people smile. Still after all these years.

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    Called to my eldest brother and took a great trip down memory lane.
    He hoards everything he's ever had since being a child so has 7 sheds of stuff fairly well organized.
    I remember sneaking reads of these annuals when he'd be gone out.

IMG-20210422-133606-Bokeh.jpg

IMG-20210422-133611-Bokeh.jpg

Jayus, I would say all that stuff is worth a few bob at this stage. Good condition as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

My niece and nephew staying overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I cleaned out my email boxes tonight.
    I had rubbish in there going back to 2017 and it was eating up my storage.

To thine own self be true

I saw a swallow today.
    They say one swallow doesn't make a Summer, but get this.. there were two of them. So Summer is officially here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭thomil

First evening out on the balcony for me this year. Sunshine, my laptop for some writing and a coffee. What more could you need?

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

The weather being so nice and having a lovely weekend with the family. Great to see the weather improving and everything coming to life. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Today is my birthday and Ma is getting me a pizza for dinner ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒ \o/ also my sister sent me a video of my 3 year old nephew singing happy birthday to me while trying to play the happy birthday song on a piano 🀣🀣 ðŸ˜႒

Happy belated birthday Seph! Hope you had a great day 😀

My TH is the lovely day I had in the sunshine. Wish it could last.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

just heard an ad for Centra on the radio "come on Sean.. burst the stitches on that slitoir" lol.. says a v enthusiastic Mum.. lol.. made me laugh..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Lunchtime in the sunshine: picnic blanket, pillow, two purry cats (one big, one tiny), sunglasses, book, food and beverages, a robin hunting for leatherjackets, bumblebees buzzing in the background. Absolute bliss.

A team of 2 people beat the Beast on the chase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

Checking the company's online banking every week and seeing money actually coming IN from Revenue.
    Yes I know its actually a bad thing due to covid etc but it still just feels strangely nice to see Revenue putting money into the account after the bloody fortune they've taken out of it over the years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Had a clean and satisfying poo dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Had a clean and satisfying poo dump.

You made me laugh :D that’s my TH

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

New Home wrote: »
    Lunchtime in the sunshine: picnic blanket, pillow, two purry cats (one big, one tiny), sunglasses, book, food and beverages, a robin hunting for leatherjackets, bumblebees buzzing in the background. Absolute bliss.

I really thought it said "two curry pots". Which in fairness might not have been a bad lunch!

My TH is my neighbour and I managed to trap three feral kittens and can now get them neutered and vaccinated and (hopefully) homed so they can have a happy ending :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

WhomadeGod wrote: »
    Cooking just the right amount of pasta

Hang on a second, so you mean it really is possible???

I usually make enough for about 6 people when attempting to cook a small portion for myself

• Advertisement

Witchcraft I say!
    It simply isn't possible I always end up wanting more or having too much. TH though that pasta is quite nice cold, so you can keep it in the fridge and have it again the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Em ugh pop pfft

Brillo pads.

I got my hair cut :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

That was me yesterday.Either too much or not enough.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Archeron

Pulled out about eight big nose hairs without sneezing :)
    It's the little things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I always make the right amount of pasta? How could you mess that up.

Happy with some good news today

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Bank holiday weekend coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

branie2 wrote: »
    Bank holiday weekend coming up

Really? I had no idea! Makes no difference to me out here; and that is a far from trivial happy..

Happy arrived yesterday with a wonderful box of yam oddment from Springwools in Dublin. They have been supporting our work with gifts for 16 years. Extra happy that when a knitting request came in almost immediately I could say yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

The swallows have arrived. They have finally come back, as if to echo in a Spring of hope. And they certainly brought some good news with them in their tidings, with reports this morning that we are soon going to emerge from our very long dark winter.

Every year the swallows come
    And put their homestead in repair,
    And raise another brood, and skim
    And boomerang through summer air.

After 11 years on boards, this last post from me about swallows is the trivial thing that makes me happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

That it's Thursday and not Wednesday

Advertisement