Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox General discussion **No Order Chat Here**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭YoshiSays

Very confusing with Gamepass, Gamepass Ultimate and Xbox live too.

But now they've got Xbox Network ???

Should be 1 plan. That does everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

YoshiSays wrote: »

Xbox Live - needed to play online
    Gamepass - subscription games service
    Gamepass Ultimate - both above combined

Edit: you got me with the ninja edit. I would assume this is just a rebrand of Live. I think they do want rid off them all in place of a single GPU entity but they made such a balls of the change a few months ago that those plans are put back for a while.

theteal wrote: »
    Xbox Live - needed to play online
    Gamepass - subscription games service
    Gamepass Ultimate - both above combined

Edit: you got me with the ninja edit. I would assume this is just a rebrand of Live. I think they do want rid off them all in place of a single GPU entity but they made such a balls of the change a few months ago that those plans are put back for a while.

Also, xcloud :):) which uses way more bandwidth and resources than your regular online game.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,881 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Also, xcloud :):) which uses way more bandwidth and resources than your regular online game.

Xcloud isn't a normal online game though. You're streaming the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Yeah, I bought Live Gold for one year and converted it to GPU. It only cost me €45 for 12 month GPU as a result. I'm going to do it again to get up 3 years of GPU.

There's going to be so much to play through GPU that I'd rarely need to buy anything on top of that. Sure, I'll buy GTA and some games I really value but for other non-Game Pass games, I'll just pick them up in those whopper Christmas sales they have or the sales they have every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So went and bought the Series X in the end should have it by next Thursday.

So im kinda out the loop when it comes to Microsoft stuff what do I need to buy now for say Gamepass etc? Do still need Xbox live ?

But now they've got Xbox Network ???

Should be 1 plan. That does everything.

The lower n is significant. Its the Xbox network. Not "Xbox Network". It means its not a product or marketing term. It is its literal meaning, the Xbox network.

So went and bought the Series X in the end should have it by next Thursday.

So im kinda out the loop when it comes to Microsoft stuff what do I need to buy now for say Gamepass etc? Do still need Xbox live ?

Check out the first post in the game pass thread about buying Xbox live and converting this to game pass ultimate. You should be able to.get 3 years for 130 quid or less. If the offer is still going....

Check out the first post in the game pass thread about buying Xbox live and converting this to game pass ultimate. You should be able to.get 3 years for 130 quid or less. If the offer is still going....

Class thank you!

• Advertisement

Do you set this up on the machine or website?

Do you set this up on the machine or website?

Best to ask on that thread. For me: 2 x 12 + 1 x 6 Xbox live gold EU codes from cdkeys. Plus the automatic billing toggle ... Gave me 33 months + 1 month for game pass ultimate upgrade. All via web site, but I had a Xbox account already. I don't think you need an Xbox at all. Just a MS Xbox account. But don't hold me to it.

You can get it cheaper with eg Brazil codes, but you have to do a VPN dance. And you might end up having to beg MS support to help you out. Also, don't get UK ones. Not sure if worldwide ones work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Polar101

Are many of the games able to cross over between PC and Xbox? That would be one of the biggest selling points for me, being able to put something down on PC and pick it up on Xbox.

There's 146 titles on the list, so definitely not all of them.

https://www.xbox.com/en-ie/games/xbox-play-anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    Here are the Games Coming Exclusively to Xbox in 2021

There are rumours that Starfield will be here this year, but I don't buy that at all.
    Sony were trying to get a timed exclusive but Bethesda pulled the plug once the acquisition became a thing. Don't be surprised to see Starfield be a timed exclusive for Microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Sony were trying to get a timed exclusive but Bethesda pulled the plug once the acquisition became a thing. Don't be surprised to see Starfield be a timed exclusive for Microsoft.

Going by Phil Spencer's quotes, it won't be appearing on PlayStation at all unless a) there was some pre-existing contract or b) Game Pass arrives on Sony's platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Anyone used a pair of the new wireless headphones?

On the lookout for a pair myself but would be good to get some impressions here too.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Anyone used a pair of the new wireless headphones?

On the lookout for a pair myself but would be good to get some impressions here too.

Yeah, I've been using them the last week or so. The only downside for me is that the guys I play with say that I don't sound as good as on my other two headsets (Turtle Beach Stealth 600 and HyperX Cloud Alpha). The weird thing is that I haven't had any similar comments from everyone I do calls with for work via Webex Teams, Google Meet etc.

For my use case, they're ideal. I have my Xbox the same place as I work from home, so I have the one set of headphones for all my gaming and work stuff, and they're connected to my laptop and Xbox at the same time.

Sound is decent enough, and I find them comfortable as well, so can't really complain. There's a couple of weird oddities like if I just want to use them with my laptop and turn them on, it will also turn on my Xbox. Not a big deal, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Anyone get the official xbox wireless headset ?

Worth a shout I got the dualsense one for the ps5 and it was good shout.

Or worth getting at an arctis 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Depends on what you want it for. Personally if you have a Switch and/or PS console you also want a headset for I would go with the Arctis 1 Wireless for Xbox ot Arctis 7x.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yeah, I've been using them the last week or so. The only downside for me is that the guys I play with say that I don't sound as good as on my other two headsets (Turtle Beach Stealth 600 and HyperX Cloud Alpha). The weird thing is that I haven't had any similar comments from everyone I do calls with for work via Webex Teams, Google Meet etc.

For my use case, they're ideal. I have my Xbox the same place as I work from home, so I have the one set of headphones for all my gaming and work stuff, and they're connected to my laptop and Xbox at the same time.

Sound is decent enough, and I find them comfortable as well, so can't really complain. There's a couple of weird oddities like if I just want to use them with my laptop and turn them on, it will also turn on my Xbox. Not a big deal, though.

Where did you get them? Seem to be sold out everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

bucks73 wrote: »

I ordered a pair on the Xbox site an hour ago.

bucks73 wrote: »

I got mine from Gamestop, Xbox store was sold out.

Liamalone wrote: »
    I ordered a pair on the Xbox site an hour ago.

Just tried now and it let me get to checkout and then said it was sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I want the new wireless headset and ideally want it direct from MS as I've credit in my account.
    I was wondering how long a restock might take, but if Liamalone was able to get one earlier, they might be dropping quickly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I want the new wireless headset and ideally want it direct from MS as I've credit in my account.
    I was wondering how long a restock might take, but if Liamalone was able to get one earlier, they might be dropping quickly :)

I was able to order a set on the Microsoft website yesterday with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I got the 7x to cover all bases (although I own no other bases yet). I really like it/them(?), comfy, sound is good and battery lasts an age.

I got the 7x to cover all bases (although I own no other bases yet). I really like it/them(?), comfy, sound is good and battery lasts an age.

Are they rechargeable or do they take batteries?

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Yeah I have the Pulse3d hesdset for ps5 , and I do have a switch too,

The arctis 7x do look nice alright, and the sound quality out of them seems good as I tried the 7 of my housemates.

Its mad before I think nothing of a wired headset but since going wireless I find it hard to go back.

I was able to order a set on the Microsoft website yesterday with no issues.

I wonder is it a case or just getting lucky with stock at the right time. I've been checking on and off for about a week now and it's always out of stock. A few times it's let me get to check out but then says out of stock again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I wonder is it a case or just getting lucky with stock at the right time. I've been checking on and off for about a week now and it's always out of stock. A few times it's let me get to check out but then says out of stock again.

Same here. Wouldnt surprise me if they have the same stock for all of Europe so its snapped up very quick.

Advertisement