Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

“Ireland has a rape culture”

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

anewme wrote: »
    Its really horrible the comments you have passed about this lady.

To comment on a lady who was raped as "a damaged cow" really does not read well.

Your comments show absolutely no filter, you just can't abuse people you don't agree with. No justification.

Abuse people ?
    She is basically calling me and other men rapists.
    That is abuse.

As I said earlier in this thread, if a man said we live in a "whore culture" and all women were prostitutes and tramps, the man would be attacked for his comments, and rightly so but somehow in your feeble mind its ok to bash men and make out they are all rapists waiting to attack.
    How is that not wrong. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,288 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Ah here......

Dav, when he was in charge, made a point about right-leaning and extreme right positions becoming more prevalent on this site.

I didn't agree with him at the time, and I thought 'if that's true, so what?'

I'm actually starting to think he had a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,028 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Where did I say anything about what anyone on this thread has said?

You didn't. Now that's established, carry on in the knowledge that you're not speaking about this discussion your actually having. You're speaking about a hypothetical conversation you're not having while having an actual conversation on the same topic.

Isn't that at least interesting? You jumped into a conversation where nobody has said "teach men not to rape" to say "I hate this "teach men not to rape" nonsence".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Ah here......

Dav, when he was in charge, made a point about right-leaning and extreme right positions becoming more prevalent on this site.

Very true. The fall of communism is surely a factor

• Site Banned Posts: 106 ✭✭Enough is Enough!

Ah here......

Refusing to bow to western feminism is not an 'extreme right wing position' lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Suttree

Yeah fair enough. My point is, when a girl is really in to you, you she doesn't want you to meekly ask for consent, she wants you to ravish her!

That's my policy anyway. No complaints, even after several years of being a manwhore.

LOL.

It'll happen eventually for you, mate.

• Site Banned Posts: 106 ✭✭Enough is Enough!

Suttree wrote: »
    LOL.

It'll happen eventually for you, mate.

Has never had a woman literally beg him to fcuk her...

Genuinely feel bad for you lad, every man should experience that at least once.

Refusing to bow to western feminism is not an 'extreme right wing position' lol.

you are wasting your time.

People of his mindset think its ok to berate men , and fail to see the hypocrisy and double standards, when they whine about a man standing up to the militant feminist approach..

you are wasting your time.

People of his mindset think its ok to berate men , and fail to see the hypocrisy and double standards, when they whine about a man standing up to the militant feminist approach..

Be fair. Someone objected to calling the rape victim a "damaged cow" and the like.

This is hardly "standing up to the militant feminist approach" as much as it is trying to be edgy.

Be fair. Someone objected to calling the rape victim a "damaged cow" and the like.

This is hardly "standing up to the militant feminist approach" as much as it is trying to be edgy.

anyone that tries to convince idiots that all men are rapists is deserving od slating.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

I think you are missing the point of that. The part about double standards. Authors like in the OP regularly brand and label men all sorts of things; here's a post from Current affairs thread the OP which was never actioned by the mods, can you imagine the same in reverse?
    klaaaz wrote: »
    . Why do some men get upset, angry and offended at gay people existing, they could have just minded their own business on what other's people's sexuality is but they rather intervene in strangers lives and beat them up for being gay.

They weren't even men, they were boys. Yet men were branded as the evils.

The author in the OP is the one who clearly linked her sexual assault with consent classes.
    Consent classes should be given in primary schools, she believes.
    In an article about her talking about rape culture. Why did the Irish times not press her on this question? Why are you not pressing her on this question?
    Why is there a link between consent classes and rape link being advocated in this article?

Why did the minister of education call for a full review into "Relationships and Sexuality Education (RSE)" classes in 2018 with a special focus on consent? He gives no reason, and the journal.ie did not press him on this question.

I believe once you start to answer these questions honestly you'll understand why people are so resentful as to call the author in the OP a cow. People are being pushed by a feminist driven agenda not driven by science or data; but by feelings.

Of course that report found nothing about consent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

So some people are hypocrites. Fair enough.
    Doesn't mean there isn't a point. The kind of underwear a rape victim was wearing came up in court. That's a problem IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

You didn't. Now that's established, carry on in the knowledge that you're not speaking about this discussion your actually having. You're speaking about a hypothetical conversation you're not having while having an actual conversation on the same topic.

Isn't that at least interesting? You jumped into a conversation where nobody has said "teach men not to rape" to say "I hate this "teach men not to rape" nonsence".

I was giving an opinion on the news article about a woman who says Ireland has a rape culture and thinks consent classes should be given in primary school.

I didn't "jump into a conversation". You'd think I'd walked up to you in the street and interrupted a private conversation. You don't own the thread you know and not everything anyone says is a response to you.

I think you are missing the point of that. The part about double standards. Authors like in the OP regularly brand and label men all sorts of things; here's a post from Current affairs thread the OP which was never actioned by the mods, can you imagine the same in reverse?

They weren't even men, they were boys. Yet men were branded as the evils.

The author in the OP is the one who clearly linked her sexual assault with consent classes.

In an article about her talking about rape culture. Why did the Irish times not press her on this question? Why are you not pressing her on this question?
    Why is there a link between consent classes and rape link being advocated in this article?

Why did the minister of education call for a full review into "Relationships and Sexuality Education (RSE)" classes in 2018 with a special focus on consent? He gives no reason, and the journal.ie did not press him on this question.

I believe once you start to answer these questions honestly you'll understand why people are so resentful as to call the author in the OP a cow. People are being pushed by a feminist driven agenda not driven by science or data; but by feelings.

Of course that report found nothing about consent.

"do you seriously thunk the post about why some men...? I really don't think you're paying much attention to the threads about,women this, women that. Young people are so such and such, feminists are crazy so and so. If you thought the post you quoted should have been actioned, then you're supporting a level of sensorship that I'll bet you wouldn't like.

Maybe you think calling the woman a "damaged cow" should be censored too but you made an excuse for that particular insult.

I don't agree with the OP as I don't really know what a rape culture is and I don't know that we live in one. I probably won't try to be an edgelord and have a pop at her for being a rape victim though.

I was giving an opinion on the news article about a woman who says Ireland has a rape culture and thinks consent classes should be given in primary school.

I didn't "jump into a conversation". You'd think I'd walked up to you in the street and interrupted a private conversation. You don't own the thread you know and not everything anyone says is a response to you.

I would have thought it was a response to something, someone had said in the thread. Or even something the woman in the article had said. Instead of having a conversation with the people in the thread or the article which is the subject of the thread, you wanted to give out about something none of those people had actually said.

Maybe the problem is bigger in your head than in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭SoupMonster

Nasty is when she is the sexist one with her rape culture comments labeling all men.

I find that offensive. It was horrible what happened to her, but slating all men gets her less sympathy from me.

If you find that offensive, then you will be completely incensed by this article, WOMEN ARE FARMED!
    It ties in nicely with your categorisation of women as cows. Enjoy.

Read aloud on youtube here

And the original text here. https://medium.com/@janicewilliams_41375/women-are-farmed-7638e1a8997

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If you find that offensive, then you will be completely incensed by this article, WOMEN ARE FARMED!
    It ties in nicely with your categorisation of women as cows. Enjoy.

And the original text here. https://medium.com/@janicewilliams_41375/women-are-farmed-7638e1a8997
    Oh that's well worth reading, if one has spent the day reading cold facts and needs a ready supply of bulsh1te to balance things out. There are so many holes in her argument it would serve well as a sieve. Right off the bat- though the noble savage meme well dug into European thought is at play here and "scholarly feminists" seem to really buy into it - Hunter Gatherer societies are often anything but egalitarian and roles are usually extremely defined. They're also hotbeds of rape. The idea that the age of metals and armaments played to male upper body strength is beyond daft too. Why does the dingbat think men have higher upper body strength in the first place? At many times in the stone age the death rates from violence among men and women was higher than later on. The exchange of women between groups was long in play before agriculture too and can be seen in deep historical genetic markers. Some have hypothesised this is why women tend to have a better ear for accents and languages than men. Never mind that in nigh on every culture that practices this, it's the older women who organise the matches as part of their powerbase. And that's just for starters.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

A woman gets raped, and all men are potential rapists in a rape culture

what next, because some kid was sexually assaulted all men are paedo's ?
    if people cannot see that is wrong to label all men because of the actions of evil individuals, then it is pointless trying to debate with them as they are either stupid, or choose to ignore facts because it does not suit their agenda

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

what next, because some kid was sexually assaulted all men are paedo's ?

That already exists in some spaces. On some airlines men aren't allowed sit next to children.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    That already exists in some spaces. On some airlines men aren't allowed sit next to children.

I'm happy enough with that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,249 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

ShimSlady wrote: »

Why?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Are you stupid enough to think paedo just abuse kids especially on a plane in open view ? Let alone decent men.
    Yours is the mentality of people who berate men for everything but whine like bitches if a man stands up to this feminazi mentality.

If you are a man you have been mentally csatrated, brainwashed of feminized , and should be ashamed of yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Silane

Are you stupid enough to think paedo just abuse kids especially on a plane in open view ? Let alone decent men.
    Yours is the mentality of people who berate men for everything but whine like bitches if a man stands up to this feminazi mentality.

If you are a man you have been mentally csatrated, brainwashed of feminized , and should be ashamed of yourself

Orrrrr he meant he doesn't like sitting next to children. But lets castrate him just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭SoupMonster

Silane wrote: »
    Orrrrr he meant he doesn't like sitting next to children. But lets castrate him just to be sure.

I can picture Justin at the boarding gate, ranting that he is a decent man and insisting he be allowed to sit beside a child.

This

Mentalist

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ampleforth

Here we go again... Ireland’s “rape culture” makes headlines yet again. Hey irish men, could you just stop raping women for five minutes please.

Hashtag mee too.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/ireland-has-a-rape-culture-woman-who-was-assaulted-calls-for-more-victim-protection-1.4033034

Do you have comparative data that suggests that Ireland is substantially higher with these crimes than other (European) countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,153 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Mentalist
    OMM 0000 wrote: »
    This

It's like that Dara O'Brian sketch:

"Sir, you'll be sitting next to a baby..."
    "Aww no! Come on! It's my holiday!"
    "...alligator."
    "Really?! Yeah! I'll be feeding it rashers all through the flight!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Its accurate to label it a culture. But doing so directly isn't really the answer. If you want to change culture you do so subversively and without the opposition realizing what you are doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Its accurate to label it a culture. But doing so directly isn't really the answer. If you want to change culture you do so subversively and without the opposition realizing what you are doing.

Well if you go around implying that half the population are rapists you wont really change anything other than build opposition. It draws a line of us versus them between men and women which isn't the wisest position to be in.

Generally having an open dialogue with those you want to influence will have an impact.

I don't know if i would go for the whole subversive approach as it comes across as quite underhanded and possibly drives allot more opposition. We have seen a few attempts at it already, Rosemary McCabe would be one famous to boards which probably did allot more damage than good.

Advertisement