Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quinn Director abducted and assaulted

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭✭Odelay

The same GAA that is the heartbeat of the country.
    That gave people a focal point and a place to go and meet.
    That gave them something to be proud of.
    The best organization in the country.

Secret organization me bo**ix.

And requires an enormous amount of money..

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Dual wheels

Muahahaha wrote: »
    From the article

So part of the death threat to the directors was Dublin Jimmy demanding that they meet with Sean Quinn after they had refused to previously. Now how would Dublin Jimmy have known that Quinn attempted to set up a meeting and was ignored?

Sunday World also reporting a row in a pub between Dublin Jimmy and one of the paymasters relatives in the lead up to the kidnapping and torture. On top of that English police saying they got a treasure trove of emails, we could be seeing several arrests next week.

Well I think that says it all... in the Sunday world did it name the relative?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Any sign of padre to the stars Fr D"arcy,was very vocal for the Quinns last time there was unrest.

Ask any gaa person and they will tell you the top men in the gaa do not know of care about the grassroots, they are more secretive than John Delaney

• Registered Users Posts: 14,577 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Odelay wrote: »

And publishes Annual Accounts.

https://www.gaa.ie/news/gaa-spends-record-11-1m-on-coaching-and-games-development/

• Advertisement

tipptom wrote: »
    Any sign of padre to the stars Fr D"arcy,was very vocal for the Quinns last time there was unrest.

He’s too busy flogging his new book and telling everyone about how great he was with uncle gaybo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Funny that, sporting organizations wirh 750k members tend to be run for nothing.

elperello wrote: »

Robbing the ordinary man the price of tickets is scandalous, I won’t be commenting any further as this thread is about Sean the paymaster Quinn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

The plot thickens....,so yourself and your fellow traveller thinks this secret organisation that Sean Quinns brother is involved in somehow requires an enormous amount of money to...….???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Jizique

first thing the owners need to do now is change the name to remove any association with that family

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,577 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Robbing the ordinary man the price of tickets is scandalous, I won’t be commenting any further as this thread is about Sean the paymaster Quinn

Good, you are doing the right thing.
    This thread is about some very nasty business involving extremely dangerous people.
    You shouldn't have drawn the GAA into the discussion in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭oceanman

you mean the "grab all association"

• Registered Users Posts: 67,439 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Jizique wrote: »
    first thing the owners need to do now is change the name to remove any association with that family

QIH = Quinn's In Handcuffs? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

oceanman wrote: »
    you mean the "grab all association"

There would be a lot of very lonely people in parishes all around the country without the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,619 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Well I think that says it all... in the Sunday world did it name the relative?

No the article didnt name him,it just said that a relative of the paymaster was in the pub talking to Dublin Jimmy shortly before the kidnap and it turned into a heated argument. "What the fcuk are we paying you for, get it done" was the headline.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

Just out of curiosity if anyone here is local to the area..what is the feeling in Ballyconnell/Derrylin at the moment..where is public sympathy lying?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The thing I don't get about dissidents being behind this is that even if they did get control this way, what was the plan then?

You can maybe force people to hand you the company but you cannot force people to deal with the new company. To survive, this company would need very very major clients and they wouldn't go near it.
    Doesn't make the slightest bit of sense there are easier ways to make that kind of money.

Dissidents?

Was Bishopsgate in 1993 the work of dissidents?

Of course, Eurasia was never at war with Eastasia.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Dissidents?

Was Bishopsgate in 1993 the work of dissidents?

Of course, Eurasia was never at war with Eastasia.

Seems the guy was a Dub up on the make in border country, didn't care much who he did business with.
    And yes blanch, there should be no IRA, anybody operating under that banner is a 'dissident'.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    No the article didnt name him,it just said that a relative of the paymaster was in the pub talking to Dublin Jimmy shortly before the kidnap and it turned into a heated argument. "What the fcuk are we paying you for, get it done" was the headline.
    So it looks like all and sundry knows it’s SQ

• Registered Users Posts: 19,202 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

elperello wrote: »
    What secretive organisation are you referring to?
    The GAA

Must be very secretive them GAA fellas. Never heard of them at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭oceanman

Must be very secretive them GAA fellas. Never heard of them at all.
    you never heard of the grab all!..

Seems the guy was a Dub up on the make in border country, didn't care much who he did business with.
    And yes blanch, there should be no IRA, anybody operating under that banner is a 'dissident'.

Prior to being a "dissident" he was a good upstanding member of the IRA, helping plant the car-bomb in Bishopsgate and providing logistical support to other operations.

The only thing that makes him a "dissident" is that he didn't stop. You can't criticise his treatment of the QIH people without criticising what he did before.

Prior to being a "dissident" he was a good upstanding member of the IRA, helping plant the car-bomb in Bishopsgate and providing logistical support to other operations.

The only thing that makes him a "dissident" is that he didn't stop. You can't criticise his treatment of the QIH people without criticising what he did before.

As you have been told many times...everything that happened in our conflict was wrong imo. It shouldn't have happened.

And I don't think he was a 'member' according to any intelligence I seen released, he was just one of those thuggish types that all armies need from time to time, to do what they do. It will be interesting to find out why he was allowed to walk away from those actions though, but the British will probably lock those files away for a few decades too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,491 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

He was there to steal vehicles, that's all.

Bishopsgate was a part on building up the peace process.

Britain understood that there would be a significant price to war after it.

Would Britain have gone along with the peace process sans such events, maybe, maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 offalymike

Interesting details. You guys are the real journalists ha ha.

As you have been told many times...everything that happened in our conflict was wrong imo. It shouldn't have happened.

And I don't think he was a 'member' according to any intelligence I seen released, he was just one of those thuggish types that all armies need from time to time, to do what they do. It will be interesting to find out why he was allowed to walk away from those actions though, but the British will probably lock those files away for a few decades too.
    Danzy wrote: »
    He was there to steal vehicles, that's all.

Bishopsgate was a part on building up the peace process.

Britain understood that there would be a significant price to war after it.

Would Britain have gone along with the peace process sans such events, maybe, maybe not.

From what I’ve heard he was a member, just like so many other thugs. It is surprising that he is now being disclaimed as we have been told many times how noble the IRA were and didn’t use common criminals.

Yes, he became a dissident and subsequently a common criminal for hire, his background is the IRA. We also know from intelligence reports that while the boys in Belfast maintain a tight control over the political agenda within Sinn Fein, they don’t retain control over their former units.

We will be dealing with the obnoxious legacy of the IRA for quite a few more years.

From what I’ve heard he was a member, just like so many other thugs. It is surprising that he is now being disclaimed as we have been told many times how noble the IRA were and didn’t use common criminals.

Yes, he became a dissident and subsequently a common criminal for hire, his background is the IRA. We also know from intelligence reports that while the boys in Belfast maintain a tight control over the political agenda within Sinn Fein, they don’t retain control over their former units.

We will be dealing with the obnoxious legacy of the IRA for quite a few more years.

He was a criminal when he was in Dublin before moving to the border region.

If you heard he was a member...just like other people you suspect of having been members, you better get that info to the proper authorities or sell it to the media.

I have said it before here, I have no doubt that army's use a thuggish element to do some of the things they do. Because basically what armies do in war/conflict is thuggish is practice. They don't have their own police forces for nothing.

And you only have to look at where this guy came from - Dublin (would Leo call areas of Dublin lawless, I wonder?) - to know that crime will always be with us blanch, sadly.

He was a criminal when he was in Dublin before moving to the border region.

If you heard he was a member...just like other people you suspect of having been members, you better get that info to the proper authorities or sell it to the media.

I have said it before here, I have no doubt that army's use a thuggish element to do some of the things they do. Because basically what armies do in war/conflict is thuggish is practice. They don't have their own police forces for nothing.

And you only have to look at where this guy came from - Dublin (would Leo call areas of Dublin lawless, I wonder?) - to know that crime will always be with us blanch, sadly.

He was known as Dublin Jimmy because he was originally from Dublin, but he operated around the border area during the Troubles, and you didn't do that then without the approval and the full support of the IRA. Maybe I am wrong, and he wasn't a full member, and only paid "tax" to the IRA, but there is no denying him from the republican side.

Remember the start of this and other threads when we were told that republicans had nothing to do with what was happening to QIH? Well, that was a lie that didn't last well.

Edit: Check out post 5 and post 9 on this thread.

He was known as Dublin Jimmy because he was originally from Dublin, but he operated around the border area during the Troubles, and you didn't do that then without the approval and the full support of the IRA. Maybe I am wrong, and he wasn't a full member, and only paid "tax" to the IRA, but there is no denying him from the republican side.

Remember the start of this and other threads when we were told that republicans had nothing to do with what was happening to QIH? Well, that was a lie that didn't last well.

Edit: Check out post 5 and post 9 on this thread.

Sean Quinn would be republican. So 'republicans' were involved in this from the get go.

Why don't you spit out your oft inferred 'theory' - that 'republicans are more prone to violence and thuggery than anybody else. That's is what quazi-eugenic theory is after all?

McGuinness has a criminal record BEFORE he moved to the border. Do your research blanch.

And smuggling and crime happened on the border without any input or control of the IRA or Loyalists blanch...who were also involved in their own smuggling and criminal rackets, another little deficit in your research. You couldn't exactly apply for grant-aid. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Sean Quinn would be republican. So 'republicans' were involved in this from the get go.

Why don't you spit out your oft inferred 'theory' - that 'republicans are more prone to violence and thuggery than anybody else. That's is what quazi-eugenic theory is after all?

McGuinness has a criminal record BEFORE he moved to the border. Do your research blanch.

And smuggling and crime happened on the border without any input or control of the IRA or Loyalists blanch...who were also involved in their own smuggling and criminal rackets, another little deficit in your research. You couldn't exactly apply for grant-aid. :rolleyes:

This post from September sums it up better than I could, and looks so accurate in terms of what we know since. Pretending that ex-Provos are not involved is simply not tenable.
    reg114 wrote: »
    I have always been suspicious of how Quinn could operate in the border area through the height of the troubles and not become a victim of extortion by the paramilitaries. He became the wealthiest man in Ireland under the noses of the provos ? Something isnt right. Fast forward a few years and his empire is wiped out and company is under new ownership yet the new board become victims of an unrelenting campaign employing similar methods used by the provos back in the day? Far too much of a coincidence all of this. What mystifies me is that total lack of arrests and convictions, again this is very similar to what we see in gangland / terrorist crimes. Will someone have to die before the authorities take this seriously ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement